kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Very nice mission, I tried it out on Chenarus, Utes, Daiuyo (sp?) and of course Stratis. Very good job and will be enjoying it alot and will be following this one.

One nuisance I had when I CP'd a helo, it spawned right next to the Captain in Stratis. The helo was placed where the rotors were instantly damaged because of the trees and scaffolding that was within the radius of the blades. I agree that being able to repair,rearm and refuel should be at the top of the to do list. When I played Chenarus, I too had Idea#2 situation zapat encountered.

Other recommendations/idears: Zones can be re-captured by enemy if left unguarded. Didn't see any enemy using AT's or vehicles. Trade in collected enemy equipment for CPs.

If some of this has been implemented, forgive me, I'm still exploring. Keep up the nice work!

One nuisance I had when I CP'd a helo, it spawned right next to the Captain in Stratis. The helo was placed where the rotors were instantly damaged because of the trees and scaffolding that was within the radius of the blades.

I've completely modified the scripts for finding a HQ location and side missions, thanks to bis functions library. In the next version, HQ should spawn in a location free of surrounding buildings/trees.

I agree that being able to repair,rearm and refuel should be at the top of the to do list.

the "vehicle refit" support allows you to do that.

When I played Chenarus, I too had Idea#2 situation zapat encountered.

I'm currently thinking of a non-buggy and "always working" way to incorporate some sort of cheap taxi/fast travel unlockable support.

Other recommendations/idears: Zones can be re-captured by enemy if left unguarded.

I'll think about that. Right now I'm mainly working on fixing/optimizing stuff and adding other features to the DUWS. Making the zones being recapturable by the enemy and making the enemy actually try to recapture the zone would involve a bit of planning ahead and rewriting the zone generation script.

Didn't see any enemy using AT's or vehicles.

Strenght of enemy presence in a zone is influenced by its size. If the radius of a zone is superior to 500m, the enemy will have at least 1 vehicle. Maybe the zone you cleared where very small ? Also, enemies with RPG-Alamut are always spawned when a zone is created. Maybe the enemies were a bit dumb ?

If some of this has been implemented, forgive me, I'm still exploring. Keep up the nice work!

Thanks for your feedback !;)

Edited by kibot
meh

just regarding the Air taxi, would the BIS support module not suffice? you can have multiple taxis assigned to multiple requesters, very easy to setup.

If you want I can upload my little FOB save somewhere for you to toy with.

hey cool, yeah i'd like to see how others are doing it.

Also is it "left shift + Space bar" to access HC? Doesn't work for me in the dev build.

Edited by Katipo66

just regarding the Air taxi, would the BIS support module not suffice? you can have multiple taxis assigned to multiple requesters, very easy to setup.

hey cool, yeah i'd like to see how others are doing it.

Also is it "left shift + Space bar" to access HC? Doesn't work for me in the dev build.

The app menu works, thats bugged for some reason

I just updated the DUWS to 0.4

Highlights:

-High Command module fully suported by the DUWS. Now you can buy squads at the HQ and they will be added under your control.

-Player can select BLUFOR units skill range at the game startup

-You can request ammoboxes at FOBs

-New support: taxi helicopter

-VAS updated to 1.6 (you can now change binoculars)

-Finding a HQ location and generating a side mission is now instant

For a complete list, you can still check the changelog.

Note that when buying a squad, a SF squad will have a much greater skill than an infantry squad.

Now I'll start focusing on adding more content (abilities, supports maybe) and enhancing the WARCOM maybe.

Note that you must run the DUWS04dev_build to have access to the HC.

Edited by kibot
typo

Sweet. Any chance of non-vanilla BLUFOR units being supported without hand adding them? I've given up on it due to constant errors when I try.

Thanks for making this awesome mission! To help you I've corrected every spelling mistake inside the mission. I've trawled in every single file to correct every typo :D

Feel free to check it out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx5xhl0crlbk1k2/DUWS04.stratis.rar

Wow, that's very nice, thanks for that ! :yay:

I guess you realized English is not my first language. :D

Hey Kibot; When should we be seeing the new update on ArmAholic?

Very nice mission !

The air taxi is great, a little expensive especially with the new lower zone points but it is welcomed.

@AtinAkiri: I could make the mission read the cfg files to add every units the player have to the list of "requestable" units, the problem is how to set the CP cost of each units ? As for the armaholic update, I have no idea. When the mission is updated on armaholic, I usually receive a pm from Big.

@lyndonguitar, Luki_M2K, NinjaFalcon: You're welcome, I'm having a lot of fun working on the DUWS anyway ;).

@kurtz1: thanks :D. Air taxi has been the last thing I added before releasing the v0.4, so if you encounter any bugs with it, feel free to report them. Also, I realized the player could easily become overpowered by taking a single zone and earning like 65 CP in one shot, especially with the High Command module. Also, for the cost of only 1 CP you can travel everywhere on the map, harm free. I think that's a reasonable price ^^.

Edited by kibot
precision

I feel like that guy who argues with the taxi driver over the fare. :)

One tiny issue with air taxi. I cleared my zone, called air taxi, was told "no suitable LZ avail." So I marched to a better flat terrain and found I no longer had the option for calling air taxi. I had the air fare (points).

Once you fly, it spoils you from walking.

Just another question with editor placed units, will they or can they be able to communicate DUW spawned units, as in info sharing etc, would be nice if they could, with an exclude option in a units init if required.

Or

Could there be an enemy HQ zone, where a mission maker can give this zone editor placed units, so the mission maker can populate as much as he wants according their sys spec... the enemy HQ can then use some these units as reinforcements for a zone, maybe recapture zones or simply patrol between zones.. Just to mix it up a little on very large islands..

Im guessing there's too much work even thinking about that but just thinking out loud :)

@Kibot, I love the taxi, I call when under fire and just jump in and teleport away lol. and why not just set to something like 10-15CP for addon units? The cheapest unit is the worst so custom units shouldn't be cheap, but not outrageously priced.

Quickfix :Just updated to 0.4a, thanks to kurtz1 for telling me the taxi support bug. I've also realized that using the taxi would not remove any cp from the player :p, it's fixed now. Oh yes, and now you have Mk.20 cluster bombs to play with (it's absolutely brutal but expensive ;)).

For the editor placed units communicating with other ones, no they are not able to and I don't have any plan to make them communicate right now. Maybe in the future, as there is still much to do. For the enemy HQ, yes I plan to make one but not right now. Basicly the OPFOR HQ will act like the blufor one, spawning units and trying to recapture/reinforce zones or maybe as a QRF for the side missions. But everything is still to be implemented. But as you said, that's a lot of work :p.

@AtinAkiri: I will think about that, still making the DUWS add custom unit is not that hard, but finding an ideal (dynamic or static) CP value for them is something else.

@AtinAkiri: I will think about that, still making the DUWS add custom unit is not that hard, but finding an ideal (dynamic or static) CP value for them is something else.

Yeah; thats what I thought, but its actually alot more complex than it should be. I add it in where it looks like it should and goes correctly along with it, but then I get a error and they don't show in the menu, and the SF Divers finally made an appearance :D that made the missions near the water so much fun for me.

On the dev branch they just added steam workshop support would be cool to see your mission there so it could auto update :D

On the dev branch they just added steam workshop support would be cool to see your mission there so it could auto update :D

You should definitely include workshop support!

Very good job kibot with this mission generator, i enjoy it and your constant updating is really good. I tried to put more unit in generating zone file, but it's too hard now!!;) settings for friendly AI is a good update.

Sorry for my english, i'm french...

Cheers mate, merci à toi.(je pense que tu es français, puisqu'il y a du français dans tes scripts :D)

Random: Can I transfer funds to the commander to help the cause?

Also it seems friendly mechanized groups created by the commander do not load into vehicles when moving to Zones, not sure if it's anything to do with the scripts or a game thing, but units always board vehicles for me in the editor if they have move over large distances, Its not so bad on Stratis but painful on Takistan.

Also requesting vehicles from the commander sometimes lands on top of and injures/kills player or commander.

Mate I know you probably have some of these things already on your list but just sayn just incase.