Igitur

Stance Adjustment revised

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hi thank you for the addon, works great!

only thing i would like to be able to change is to exclude changes to vertical stance adjustment and only use the temporary adjustment for the horizontal stances, otherwise vertical stance adjusment becomes a mess in a firefight when you change your stance permanently or temporarily depending on tipping or holding up or down...

if i may make another request, maybe you can also add temporary crouching to the functions, i really miss that in arma3!

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

hi thank you for the addon, works great!

only thing i would like to be able to change is to exclude changes to vertical stance adjustment and only use the temporary adjustment for the horizontal stances, otherwise vertical stance adjusment becomes a mess in a firefight when you change your stance permanently or temporarily depending on tipping or holding up or down...

if i may make another request, maybe you can also add temporary crouching to the functions, i really miss that in arma3!

Hi Fabio, thanks for your suggestions.

I'm still working on this addon and I think I'll end up with several versions, but I will certainly add a userconfig file and let the player choose between a few options. Disabling the temporary mode for vertical changes could be one of them. Note that you can already use Lctrl+mousewheel to switch through those stances permanently.

As for the temporary crouch, I dont really get the idea. How can being forced to keep a key pressed in order to just stay crouched be practical at all ? Would you mind elaborating :) ?

Note that you can already use Lctrl+mousewheel to switch through those stances permanently.

thanks for your consideration!

as for the vertical stances, i personally find it impractical to micromanage it with the mouse wheel and i adapted to the default system (though i remapped the adjust button to my mouse while lctrl is my crouch button), one thing i could really imagine beeing usefull in that regard would be if in addition to usual permanent vertical stance switching, there could be two extra custom actions "Temporary Up" and "Temporary Down" which you can map freely.

As for the temporary crouch, I dont really get the idea. How can being forced to keep a key pressed in order to just stay crouched be practical at all ? Would you mind elaborating :) ?

temporary crouch is intuitive since its 3d shooter standard and im used to it, everything has tradeoffs and for movement in arma, 3 hands are recomend (i use a usb foot controler to lean left and right btw)... therefore permanent crouch has the advantage not to occupy a finger, yet the reason why id like to have the option to crouch temporary is that i dont have to worry about my stance anymore, the same advantage as with temporary sidestep from this addon, you will return to your base stance if you stop pressing, that way you have a better awareness about your posture, thats important especially in first person, just like temporary lean, the game should offer temporary crouch as an option.

I also got a suggestion :)

I would like to be able to adjust left/right with the leaning keys. It would go something like this:

1. Lean left

2. Press and hold adjust key

3. You adjust left

4. Release Lean key, you stop leaning but keep adjusted

5. release adjust key, you go back to normal

So basically just like your current temporary setting just with lean keys(Q/E) instead of move keys (A/D). If you then could have permanent adjustment with move keys and temporary with lean keys, it would be perfect. :)

Version : 3.0

- semi-temporary mode implementation (horizontal adjustments are temporary, vertical adjustments remain persistent),

- leaning stances treatment (moving and unmoving)

- code rewriting

- removed the mousewheel function (needs a redo)

Edit : canceled for now (bug found).

Edited by Igitur

Version : 3.0

- semi-temporary mode implementation (horizontal adjustments are temporary, vertical adjustments remain persistent),

looking forward to! :bounce3:

Bug fix.

Usage : Hold your 'Adjust' modifier and press either 'C', 'V' or 'B' to switch from one mode to the other.

'C' (persistent mode : the original game mode),

'V' (semi-temporary mode : horizontal adjustments are temporary, vertical adjustments remain permanent) or

'B' (full-temporary mode : horizontal and vertical adjustments are temporary).

Hint : if you bind the Adjust function to one of your mouse buttons, you can relock your stance even faster by releasing the button before the stance is fully entered. Not a coded feature, but it happened to work that way and proved to be handy.

@ Fabio and Mats391 : thanks for your interest. I've tried to do my best and i hope you'll like it as it is. I wont have more time to work on it before long,

Regards,

Edited by Igitur

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

@ Fabio and Mats391 : thanks for your interest. I've tried to do my best and i hope you'll like it as it is. I wont have more time to work on it before long,

Regards,

It works really well, thanks! The only problem i have is the key binding AdjMod+C. I have C as crouch, so i accidentally switch modes quite often. Is there a userconfig or something else to remap those?

Is there a userconfig or something else to remap those?

I will add one in the dropbox version. Stay tuned, i should find a few hours on monday.

STANCE ADJUSTMENT MOD

Version : DropBox 3.1.1 - Signed.

Author : Igitur

Requirements : ArmA3 + CBA.

Installation : Extract the Zip file in your main Arma 3 directory and copy/paste the Igit_ADJv3 file in your userconfig (create one if necessary). Enable @Igit_ADJv3 in your game expansions menu.

Usage : Hold your 'Adjust' modifier and press either 'C', 'V' or 'B' to switch from one mode to the other.

'C' (persistent mode : the original game mode),

'V' (semi-temporary mode : horizontal adjustments are temporary, vertical adjustments remain permanent),

'B' (full-temporary mode : horizontal and vertical adjustments are temporary).

Use the leaning keys with (or instead of) the WASD keys for a leaning stance adjustment.

Hint : if you bind the Adjust function to one of your mouse buttons, you can relock your stance even faster by releasing the button before the stance is fully entered. This is not a coded feature, but it happened to work that way and proved to be handy.

Userconfig : Right click on the included IGIT_ADJV3.hpp and select "Edit with notepad".

IGIT_ADJ_Display_hint = 1; // Displays a brief message every time you switch from one mode to the other. Set to 0 if you don't like it.

IGIT_ADJ_persistent_key = 46; // defines adj+C as persistent mode modifier.

IGIT_ADJ_SemiTemporary_key = 47; // defines adj+V as temporary mode (semi) modifier. Only horizontal adjustments are temporary.

IGIT_ADJ_FullTemporary_key = 48; // defines adj+B as temporary mode (full) modifier. Vertical and horizontal adustments are temporary.

IGIT_ADJ_verticalTempOFF = 0; // sets full temporary as default mode. 1 = semi temporary.

Note that holding your Adjust modifier will disable the default action bound to the selected key. Choose new keys carefully if you dont want the mod to interfere with your gameplay.

Check https://resources.bisimulations.com/w/index.php?title=DIK_KeyCodes for a list of key codes.

Edited by Igitur

New version(?) frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Just 2 questions:

- there is no changelog, can you provide one?

- the key is missing, can you add it as a download?

Just 2 questions:

- there is no changelog, can you provide one?

- the key is missing, can you add it as a download?

Hi Foxhound,

thank you for continuously promoting this mod on Armaholic. I've simply added a userconfig in the dropbox version, that i cant add in the workshop afaik. But you're right, lets call that new version 3.1.1 to keep things clear :

Version : 3.1.1

Changelog :

. userconfig added

. signed

I've added the bikey, thx :)

While i'm at it, may i ask you to refresh the mod description on its armaholic homepage and also to remove the "Notes" just under the video ? They are now outdated and could be misleading. Or let me know if i can do that by myself :)

Best regards,

Edited by Igitur

new version works well, it appears also to be compatible with BadBensons Enhanced Movement and MOCAP melee, unpreceeded freedom of movement in arma :)

the temp sidestep without the temp vert stance forced on is really nice as well thank you for your work!

It appears sine the last update(1.38....?) in January, there is a problem with weapon down or toggle weapon down. Seem that it is blocking putting weapons down. I did some testing and with @CBA and @Ijit as only mods running, weapon down is not working. Please see if you can correct this as @Igit is one of my must use mods.

Thanks

It appears sine the last update(1.38....?) in January, there is a problem with weapon down or toggle weapon down. Seem that it is blocking putting weapons down. I did some testing and with @CBA and @Ijit as only mods running, weapon down is not working. Please see if you can correct this as @Igit is one of my must use mods.

Thanks

Edit : ok, i see now. Thanks for reporting that issue. I'll look into it asap.

Regards,

Edited by Igitur

Will this be updated for the new CBA as it's seems to be broken now since the update?

Hey,

Yes, the mod is broken for now, mainly due to the new stance keys configuration. The issue has been brought to BIS attention and i'm waiting to see whether they fix it or not. If they dont, I plan to come with my own solution.

Edited by Igitur

Update 09.15.2015 - Version : Igit_ADJv4.

The mod is up and running again. It now relies on a single custom control (key/MseBtn) that pretty much replaces the former Adjust modifier. Numerous other improvements have been implemented. 

Changelog :

1. Drastic code simplification.

2. 'Adjust' modifier implementation. 

3. Custom stance indicator system added.

4. Mousewheel function re-implemented and improved.

5. CBA not required anymore.

6. New demo vid uploaded.

STANCE ADJUSTMENT MOD  -

Version : Igit_ADJv4  - (09.15.2015) - Signed.

Author : Igitur

Requirements : ArmA3.

Installation : Extract the Zip file in your main Arma 3 directory and copy/paste the Igit_ADJv4 file in your userconfig (create one if necessary). Import and enable @Igit_ADJv4 in your game expansions menu.

Userconfig :  Right click on the included IGIT_ADJV4.hpp and select "Edit with notepad".

IGIT_Adj_DefaultMode = 1;   // 1 = Full Temporary (Yellow) / 2 = Semi-temporary (Blue) / 3 = Persistent (White).
 IGIT_Adj_UserKey = "User15";  // defines custom control User15 as your Adjust modifier. Change at will from "User1" to "User20" and bind accordingly in the game's custom controls menu. Works with both keys (single tap) and mouse buttons (single press).

IGIT_Adj_StanceIndicator = 1;   // Displays the mod's custom stance indicator. Better disable the game's indicator in the difficulty menu if you use this one.  Put 0 if you dont need it or prefer the default hud.
 IGIT_Adj_StanceDuration = 10;  // Custom stance indicator duration in seconds. Change at will. Put higher values to simulate permanent HUD.
 IGIT_Adj_StanceColor_FullTemp = [255/255,255/255,0/255,0.6]; // light yellow
 IGIT_Adj_StanceColor_SemiTemp = [0/255,255/255,255/255,0.6]; // light blue
 IGIT_Adj_StanceColor_Persistent = [255/255,255/255,255/255,1]; // white

Here is a good link to rgba color codes : http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorrgbadec.html

IGIT_Adj_MouseWheel = 1;   // 1 = embedded MouseWheel function enabled. / 0 = disabled.

IGIT_Adj_persistent_key = 46;  // defines adj+C as persistent mode (White) modifier. Vertical and horizontal adjustments are persistent.
 IGIT_Adj_SemiTemporary_key = 47;  // defines adj+V as semi-temporary mode (Blue) modifier. Horizontal adjustments are temporary. Vertical adjustments are persistent.
 IGIT_Adj_FullTemporary_key = 48;  // defines adj+B as full-temporary mode (Yellow) modifier. Vertical and horizontal adustments are temporary.

Note that holding your Adjust modifier will disable the default action bound to the selected key. Choose new keys carefully if you dont want the mod to interfere with your gameplay.
  Check https://resources.bisimulations.com/w/index.php?title=DIK_KeyCodes for a list of key codes.

Usage :

1. Select a UserKey in the userconfig file or use the default one (User15). Bind whatever key or mouse button you want to use as your 'Adjust' modifier to that UserKey in the Custom controls menu.
    I do recommend you give a try to MseBtn#5 or MseBtn#4 to make the most of this mod.
2. As a precaution, and especially if you want to keep using the same hotkey you're used to, delete all your current key bindings in the "Adjust stance Up/Down/Left/Right" controls and bind that key in your selected custom control instead.
3. Hold your brand new 'Adjust' modifier and press either 'C', 'V' or 'B' (default keys) to switch from one mode to the other :

'C' - persistent mode : the original game mode,
 'V' - semi-temporary mode : horizontal adjustments are temporary, vertical adjustments remain permanent, or
 'B' - full-temporary mode : horizontal and vertical adjustments are temporary.

4. Hold 'Adjust' and hit the WASD keys to play the adjusted stances in the selected mode. Use the leaning keys instead of (or with) the left and right keys for a leaning stance adjustment.
5. Hold 'Adjust' and use the mousewheel to switch through vertical stances.

Limitations :

1. To prevent from accidentally throwing grenades I have disabled the possibility to cycle through the throwable items while holding a side stance, except for the persistent mode.  Just release 'Adjust' and select your item, you're in a temporary mode anyway.
    However, because key-combo detection is a mess,  I've only been able to do it for the six usual hotkeys L/RShift, L/RCtrl, L/RAlt. It is therefore recommended to use one of those keys in your combo (ex: LCtrl+G), or just a single key for "cycleThrowItems".
2. For some reason beyond my understanding, holding 'Adjust' + leaning L or R when walking will play your first side step in the opposite direction. Just toggle your leaning key to get round that issue. You're already walking.
3. The mod should work as long as you're reloading saved games inside the current mission, but wont work if you try and reload an exited mission.
4. The 'GROUP' Respawn in MP breaks the mod. Seems to work fine with other types of respawn though.

Credits & thanks :

Tpw for the early version of the mousewheel script. Thank you again mate.
 KillzoneKid and Iceman77 for their GUI tutorials. Priceless for the noob I am.
 VanZant for a method of hooking a script I gratefully imitated.

• Like 1

New mod v0.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Igitur , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.