Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

From what gatordev told me he's really busy with college (if my mind serves me correct) so it's going to be awhile...

The bipod animations are not working for me. I have TMR installed as per instructions, and CBA, and ASDG JR and Attachments, checked load order too. Also my character is still 'crushing his spine' when he fires and in the video from tmr apparently this stops. Not sure what I am doing wrong.....

Any help appreciated

Thanks

The bipod animations are not working for me. I have TMR installed as per instructions, and CBA, and ASDG JR and Attachments, checked load order too. Also my character is still 'crushing his spine' when he fires and in the video from tmr apparently this stops. Not sure what I am doing wrong.....

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Is weapon resting working otherwise ? When you equip Atlis bipods they automatically change from deployed/secured states when you rest/unrest weapon. Check for any key conflicts in settings that might prevent resting from working.

Yeah the resting works fine, I get the resting icon and firing is stable as expected. I get the bipod icon when i deploy it and hear the click but no animation.

Yeah the resting works fine, I get the resting icon and firing is stable as expected. I get the bipod icon when i deploy it and hear the click but no animation.

So the bipod remains deployed ? Which one is it and on what weapon is it attached ?

I managed to fix the issue mate, cheers for your help, animation working fine with the altis bipod now. Thanks

I managed to fix the issue mate, cheers for your help, animation working fine with the altis bipod now. Thanks

Pray tell, how did you fix it?

I don't dare use TMR with the latest dev branch, given that the mod overhauls recoil and adds automatic weapon resting.

I hope the author comes back with some advice on what PBOs to disable.

I would assume removing tmr_autorest.pbo and tmr_smallarms_recoil would be enough, though you might lose the ability to use the bipod.

After the last ARMA 3 update (updated it today to 1.42 as I didn't play for a while) my modified tmr_smallarms_recoil doesn't work anymore! Anyone have the same problem?

Edited by Gameboi

I don't dare use TMR with the latest dev branch, given that the mod overhauls recoil and adds automatic weapon resting.

I hope the author comes back with some advice on what PBOs to disable.

Don't know how soon that might be...

I use TMR mainly for the beautiful 2D scopes and the improved blast fragment behaviour, and am continuing to use it successfully with the latest dev build with just the following pbo's still active:

tmr_blastfrag.pbo

tmr_core.pbo

tmr_language.pbo

tmr_optics.pbo

Obviously the TMR weapon resting/bipod/recoil functionality has been superseded/conflicts with the equivalent in-engine functionality so I just run this minimal TMR setup.

I use TMR mainly for the beautiful 2D scopes and the improved blast fragment behaviour, and am continuing to use it successfully with the latest dev build with just the following pbo's still active:

tmr_blastfrag.pbo

tmr_core.pbo

tmr_language.pbo

tmr_optics.pbo

Obviously the TMR weapon resting/bipod/recoil functionality has been superseded/conflicts with the equivalent in-engine functionality so I just run this minimal TMR setup.

I have been doing the same set up without any issues so far. One thing I find with the bipod and the new machine guns is they move right a fair bit with recoil which looks fairly unnatural imo.

I'm not sure how 'obvious' that is. Isn't TMR supposed to supersede the in-engine properties? Isn't that what a mod is for?

I'm not sure how 'obvious' that is. Isn't TMR supposed to supersede the in-engine properties? Isn't that what a mod is for?

TMR did indeed supersede the engine when the engine didn't natively feature bipods, resting etc. Now that the engine very obviously features them (and promoted these features upon release) I'm not really sure what you hope to gain by promoting and concurrently running these aspects of TMR. This is no slight on Taosenai, or BIS. I've gladly deprecated functionality in my mods that has been implemented at engine level by BIS.

There could be some semantic quibbling going on here.

TMR did indeed supersede the engine when the engine didn't natively feature bipods, resting etc. Now that the engine very obviously features them (and promoted these features upon release) I'm not really sure what you hope to gain by promoting and concurrently running these aspects of TMR. This is no slight on Taosenai, or BIS. I've gladly deprecated functionality in my mods that has been implemented at engine level by BIS.

There could be some semantic quibbling going on here.

I still don't get it. TMR is a mod. Therefore it should supersede Arma 3'. Am I correct?

I am not satisfied with how Arma 3 implemented the recoil. I'D still rather tweak TMR. But that's a second thing. First thing first though, and that is that TMR still [should] supersede(s) Arma 3.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Editing the Config.bin of the smallarms_recoil pbo has no effect. Tao, how come? Does version 1.42 interfere with that mod or what?

Edited by Gameboi

Things like bipods and resting are implemented at engine level (or by mezzanine functions) and AFAIK have no provision to be bypassed. Given that TMR was written well before these features existed , it's not really reasonable to expect that it should somehow automatically disable and supplant those features . I don't know if Tao plans on updating his code to accommodate the new engine features.

Things like bipods and resting are implemented at engine level (or by mezzanine functions) and AFAIK have no provision to be bypassed. Given that TMR was written well before these features existed , it's not really reasonable to expect that it should somehow automatically disable and supplant those features . I don't know if Tao plans on updating his code to accommodate the new engine features.

Ah that could be it indeed.

Hi all,

Has TMR been completely superseded by other mods at this point? I would assume most functionality from TMR was worked into the Marksman update (which I haven't played with) or has been duplicated or ported into AGM or the like.

If there are still things relevant, I will update to the new CBA keybinding system and release a minimal version of the mod. Please let me know. I don't have much time to actually improve anything from here.

Well I just want to say thanks Tao. TMR was the most important thing until bipod were deployed in the update. Cheers! Your mod kept me going in arma until Bis finally got it done

Hi all,

Has TMR been completely superseded by other mods at this point? I would assume most functionality from TMR was worked into the Marksman update (which I haven't played with) or has been duplicated or ported into AGM or the like.

If there are still things relevant, I will update to the new CBA keybinding system and release a minimal version of the mod. Please let me know. I don't have much time to actually improve anything from here.

That's too bad, I really liked your recoil configs. The vanilla, spine-crushing recoil sucks:(

I still use TMR nlaw, hiteffects and optics. With slight changes applied over time on last 2 to keep them functional.

I still use TMR nlaw, hiteffects and optics. With slight changes applied over time on last 2 to keep them functional.

That's great. Seeing that Taosenai doesn't have time these days, could you maybe share those "slight changes" with him so he could maybe incorporate them in his plans to "release a minimal version of the mod".

Failing that, would you mind sharing your updated pbos?

Also what does tmr_language change? I've tried reading the documentation over on http://ryanschultz.org/tmr/ and in @tmr-0.5alpha3.zip but few of the pbos are described specifically.

Edited by domokun

That's great. Seeing that Taosenai doesn't have time these days, could you maybe share those "slight changes" with him so he could maybe incorporate them in his plans to "release a minimal version of the mod".

Uploaded source of my modifications on github. Can't provide any support for these though because some of the changes were done a long time ago. Stuff I can remember is fixing optics for FFV, better save/load support, some hiteffects locality stuff and stop playing nonexistent sounds. Also optics are done in a way that they do not replace original ones but can be switched to using MRT.