Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

So right now there's no way to have visible bipods on custom/modded weapons? Or am I missing something here.

Of course there is.

w6TZ3Ves.png?1 FQ1qI83s.png?1

Edited by Robalo

Well, shit, then I guess I am missing something, sorry. I have ASDG_JR, ASDG_Attachments and newest TMR and I only get visible bipods on default Arma 3 weapons. I can attach a bipod to every modded weapon that I have and it functionally works but they're invisible which isn't very fun.

Well, shit, then I guess I am missing something, sorry. I have ASDG_JR, ASDG_Attachments and newest TMR and I only get visible bipods on default Arma 3 weapons. I can attach a bipod to every modded weapon that I have and it functionally works but they're invisible which isn't very fun.

Right, I just made this config after I saw your previous post :)

TMR's Fall function has really matured nicely. I was using it all day and thought that I had TPW Fall enabled, because it worked just as well.

This has probably been posted in the past. But I cannot be bothered to use the BI Forums built in search functions so here goes. Have you considered creating the 2d scopes for other addons? I would love to see them implemented as they are far more realistic and easier to handle than the stock BI 3d scopes. I frequently shoot and I can confirm that the 2d way you have done it is very realistic. Also I had posted a while ago if you were able to make another PBO which would completly disable 3rd person for everyone playing on your server without having to change the difficulty to veteran. Well I will go back to that post and look a bit into if this was answered, but if you didn't answer it could you? If either of these questions have been asked and answered before please just link me to the answer and I'll be happy. :)

I provided a config plugin for the Lightweight Day Sight that I made for the RKSL Attachments Pack, which allows it to use the TMR 2D style optics system.

You can always ask other authors of attachment addons to produce similar plugins themselves, or even create your own to adds the function to other attachments - It just takes is a little photoshop knowhow and patience to calibrate the optics properly (which is something you kind of have to have when making any optics, regardless of what system they use). The config work is more or less just a matter of a bit of copy& paste with maybe some minor values tweaks, and patching in about 4 lines of text to define the texture paths for the 2D overlays.

It's easily within the capabilities of other people to do it like I did, rather than only relying on Tao to do it as the innovator of the system. I'd encourage more people who like using the mod to give it a go making 2D optics themselves :)

is there a way to Tell TMR wich weapon can use Bipod? i am using a weapon pack called R3F .

I mean i have putted up both 2 mods and even weapon coming with a "bipod" dont rest on a bipod if pressing tab.

Just checking in to verify that I'm still alive.

After mid-September I should have some time to really work on this again.

I would like to do more 2D optics. I have a few ideas about how to improve the system, too. (I should also write documentation for how to do it yourself!)

Nefron: The R3F weapons don't have TMR config values, so they can't use its bipod system. You might be able to attach the Bipod item from TMR to them, then you'll be able to use the bipod rest.

Up until recently TMR here was basically the only mod that I felt was an absolute must have. Recently that changed with the mod by Ruthberg adding in G1/G7 ballistics (Friggin awesome) and adjustable scopes like NWDog did back in the day. I really want to use all the other features of TMR but without the ballistics changes that TMR makes. However when I remove the ballistics pbo I get a lot of errors saying its required for this or that. Has anyone had any luck running both together? (With the 2d scopes and bipod from TMR plus wind and true to life ballistics with Ruthberg's I'd be in game shooting heaven.)

Thanks,

Baka

You do not have to remove the tmr_smallarms_ballistics.pbo file. I just tested TMR together with AdvancedBallistics and got no errors or conflicts.

The only problem is the M118LR ammo config, because it inherits from B_762x51_Ball, which represents M80 Ball in AdvancedBallistics. But you can change it like this:

[color="#008800"]class TMR_B_762x51_M118LR: B_762x51_Ball
{
typicalspeed=792;
airfriction=-0.00085770001;[/color]
[color="#CC2222"]	AB_caliber=0.308;
AB_bulletLength=1.24;
AB_bulletMass=175;
AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityShifts[]={-91, -86, -78, -68, -57, -42, -23, 0, 29, 65, 110};
AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.505, 0.496, 0.485, 0.485, 0.485};
AB_velocityBoundaries[]={853, 549, 549, 549};
AB_standardAtmosphere="ICAO";
AB_dragModel=1;
AB_muzzleVelocities[]={778, 816, 861};
AB_barrelLengths[]={16, 20, 26};[/color]
[color="#006400"]};[/color]

Edit: I just realized that TMR is published under the GNU General Public License.

So here is a modified PBO, which includes the above config data: tmr_smallarms_ballistics.pbo

Edited by Ruthberg

Thanks alot man. I didn't expect you to pop up over here but that's greatly appreciated. One step closer to the ultimate shooting game! I'm getting a mission set up to represent a match in New Mexico I liked shooting when I lived around there, maybe we can get some arma shooting competitions online. :P Thanks a billion man.

Hey... I've recently updated TMR and everything and now, everytime I start Arma3 I receive "tmr_core requires cba_keybindings". I have the latest CBA_A3 RC version installed available at dev-heaven along with the latest TMR version and no other addons (for testing purpose). I've been too long out of modding business to figure out whats going on. Any advice? ;)

Hey... I've recently updated TMR and everything and now, everytime I start Arma3 I receive "tmr_core requires cba_keybindings". I have the latest CBA_A3 RC version installed available at dev-heaven along with the latest TMR version and no other addons (for testing purpose). I've been too long out of modding business to figure out whats going on. Any advice? ;)

You most likely do not have the most recent CBA or do not have it enabled. CBA now has a key binding system that allows modders to register keybinds through one system. It also allows users/players to change keybinds for all CBA registered keybinds through one easily accessible interface in the game controls menu. You can read more about it here: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cca/wiki/Keybinding

Thanks for your reply. I have CBA RC3 downloaded from dev-heaven. This should be the latest version? I'll have to check and see if keybindings are enabled.

Suppressors do not reduce damage or muzzle velocity.

Wait, don't supressors actually reduce damages in real life? Technically, don't they reduce bullets' speed, and thus fire range as well (basically, damages)...? I'm kind of interested in your mod because it has some really great features making the whole game more realistic, but supressors still giving 100% damages of a said weapon is just something I don't want to see back in Arma. Unless that's actually how they work in real life, but I highly doubt on that (I'm not an expert either, though...).

Wait, don't supressors actually reduce damages in real life? Technically, don't they reduce bullets' speed, and thus fire range as well (basically, damages)...? I'm kind of interested in your mod because it has some really great features making the whole game more realistic, but supressors still giving 100% damages of a said weapon is just something I don't want to see back in Arma. Unless that's actually how they work in real life, but I highly doubt on that (I'm not an expert either, though...).

No, they don't

Because a silencer traps gasses for a moment while the bullet passes through, velocity can increase by up to about 1%; an insignificant amount. All this means is that it does not reduce velocity or power of the bullet.
Edited by DarkWanderer

It's advertised that all of the MX rifles are able to use the 100rnd belts, but the MXM appears to be an exception. I tried using TMR without any other mods and with all modules, except for Core and SmallArms, removed, but no dice. The other four MX rifles can use the belts as advertised, though the MX SW's usable ammo is listed in the wrong order in both VAS and the Virtual Arsenal compared to the others.

Is restricting the MXM to the 30rnd mags intentional?

Hi Taosenai

Just a heads up that the latest dev builds with fire from vehicle functionality are playing up with your 2D scopes. If you look through a 2D scope there is just the circular cutout, no scope gfx or reticle.

Great mod but I have a problem, I want to disable the AI as I already use a different AI that behaves really well and I dont want the two conflicting but removing the ai related .pbo causes the mission to fail to start mentioning about "invalid crew" I believe the error was. Any ideas? :)

You might try using your AI mod anyway, in addition to TMR's AI module. My friends and I use FFIS and the two play very well together, no issues of any kind.

I'm getting odd random FPS slow downs (though server FPS remains at 40) and I'm wondering if it was a confliction of AI modules as I'm using ASR_AI3 + ALiVE + TMR! I just wanted to rule TMR out