Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

I may have a bug to report with the Fall system. I shot a static MG gunner and he feel down. But the game seemed to think that he was still controlling the turret, even from prone position. The gun was following me around and shooting me. It was not an Autonomous variant.

Hmm. Maybe nerfing the thermal imaging would be something for TMR? :D Lower picture fidelity etc., especially over range?

Well, that's the thing. When you start up the TI it looks fine, but then the contrast suddenly increases drastically, making people and vehicle super easy to find. Is there a way to disable the auto contrast?

Also, the fragmentation thing is great. Really adds immersion (and danger too!)

It was the Zafir. It might be a matter of opinions though.

Anyway, i messed around with TMR for the whole day now, and i'm really happy with tmr_hiteffects. Really adds to immersion. Talking about that specific addon, i have a suggestion, when the character " falls " is this possible to ensure that the target stays on the ground for a specific amount of time ? Something short, similar to TPW, actually.

I'll continue to consider and adjust the recoil. It does seem a bit difficult to control when prone and deployed on the Zafir.

As for the falling, I'm going for a somewhat different effect -- I don't want them to be incapacitated at all, simply (occasionally!) dropped to the ground or on their butt in response to shock or something like that. Incapacitation effects should be left to a a real medical system, I think.

So ideally, TMR would read the userconfig for TPW. Or if that's not possible, just let the user manually disable TMR's falling function.

TPW is clever and thoughtfully provided a global variable I can check to determine if his system is on or not. If it is, I disable mine -- easy as that.

Have you considered to remove the various dependencies for that module? For instance I wasn't fond of the modifications brought by tmr_language so I edited the requiredAddons entrie for my personnal use.

Didn't see any issue so far; it seems that tmr_core is not needed either? Could you confirm this?

I would like to do this but currently the tmr_ai module actually does depend on tmr_smallarms being loaded, because it changes the firing modes, and tmr_smallarms adds some additional modes. (E.g., smallarms adds a single fire mode to the Mk200, which must then be disabled as an AI-usable firing mode in tmr_ai). I can think about making a standalone version of tmr_ai later, though -- it's only a few small changes. And yes, currently tmr_core is not used by tmr_ai. Just playing it safe with that dependency, since I consider anything in tmr_core to be always available to me for use (such as the savegame reload watchdog functions). Feel free to make changes as you like.

I seem to have discovered a bug with TMR the only occures at a very specific setup.

Confirmed. Something was going wrong with inheritance and the config array += operator. Fixed in next release.

Hmm. Maybe nerfing the thermal imaging would be something for TMR? :D Lower picture fidelity etc., especially over range?

Unfortunately the thermal shader is totally engine-side and can't be tinkered with via a mod like this.

I may have a bug to report with the Fall system. I shot a static MG gunner and he feel down. But the game seemed to think that he was still controlling the turret, even from prone position. The gun was following me around and shooting me. It was not an Autonomous variant.

Confirmed. I made a silly mistake. I'm sort of surprised those guys can experience animations, though. I don't think they could in A2. Hmhm. Fixed in next release.

Something to consider for the next update, mate -

40mm grenades that fail to arm (i.e. don't fly the required distance) still spawn shrapnel upon being deleted from the engine.

This might be reasonable for some grenades, as a self-destruct exists in some families (VOG25?), but is a nasty surprise for the most part.

I would like to do this but currently the tmr_ai module actually does depend on tmr_smallarms being loaded, because it changes the firing modes, and tmr_smallarms adds some additional modes. (E.g., smallarms adds a single fire mode to the Mk200, which must then be disabled as an AI-usable firing mode in tmr_ai). I can think about making a standalone version of tmr_ai later, though -- it's only a few small changes. And yes, currently tmr_core is not used by tmr_ai. Just playing it safe with that dependency, since I consider anything in tmr_core to be always available to me for use (such as the savegame reload watchdog functions). Feel free to make changes as you like.

Thanks for the info! :)

Just wanted to say that i really like this version of your mod. very nice, the weapon resting is good and intuitive. the effects added pretty sweet (did you add a blurriness around the 2d scopes? its sweet.). like the falling though im going to stick with tpws as they stay down a little longer which introduces uncertainity as in are they dead or not? your mod has become a staple for me now. Dig your dedication to making things more authentic not easier. that's the heart of arma 3 imo.

Edited by twisted

What about the CSO version of this mod? How does this new release affect that?

I feel the NLAW doesn't work that well when pressing the TAB key. I hear it's activated, I track the target for a few seconds, the but rockets always are way off. Especially at distance. Am I missing something? Is this issue known, as in, did others mention this too?

Hello folks! I found that when I placed inside an antitank infantry editor, and then preview antitank infantry who did not backpack, has anyone noticed this? There ...... I personally feel that fill some of the slow speed of anti-tank weapons, What should I ask to change the anti-tank weapons, filling speed changes. I am a newcomer to some code is not very good, I hope you elaborate on how to modify.

Hey Tao!

One little suggestion for tmr_ai : Increase the AI awareness/sight at night.

I was playing on Altis and it was around 5 a.m. I noticed that AI tends to act like it was pitch dark : I was less than 15 meters from a soldier, standing up, and he failed to notice me...

Do you know if this kind of things is defined in config or is it 100% scripted behaviour?

I love the idea behind the changes but I just dunno about some of them. The AI simply don't have the ammo to shoot the machine guns as long as you have them shooting. Their ammo is depleted in the first minutes of contact.

I love the idea behind the changes but I just dunno about some of them. The AI simply don't have the ammo to shoot the machine guns as long as you have them shooting. Their ammo is depleted in the first minutes of contact.

What I do is arm AI on my squad in SP missions with a script on mission start with custom gear and a cap load of ammo...I mean 8 x 200 MG rounds and so on. And then I add same script accessible from radio so AI can keep on suppressing. It's amazing how awesome it is when you dial up bcombat suppression rates with this setup with no worries for ammo but also not using fired event handler.

I am not sure what is the exact issue but when I have CBA_A3 and the latest version of TMR, the Bohemia Tar series weapons (except the GL) would automatically be placed at the player's back and can't be selected or used. I see AI able to use it, but if a player pick it up, they can't use it even if they have magazines.

Easiest way to simulate this:

Editor->Set Player as FIA Rifleman->Preview.

Your playable character will automatically place the TAR-21 in the back and you cannot use it.

If you shoot an AI on a quad bike, they will fall over and lie prone in the seat while driving away. It looks pretty funny.

I am not sure what is the exact issue but when I have CBA_A3 and the latest version of TMR, the Bohemia Tar series weapons (except the GL) would automatically be placed at the player's back and can't be selected or used. I see AI able to use it, but if a player pick it up, they can't use it even if they have magazines.

Easiest way to simulate this:

Editor->Set Player as FIA Rifleman->Preview.

Your playable character will automatically place the TAR-21 in the back and you cannot use it.

I've also experienced a bug with the TAR-21 EGLM where you can only use the grenade launcher. I tried removing all mag's and re-adding them back, but still can only actually use the launcher and not the rifle itself. Pretty weird.

Quick barely-tested release to get some of these major issues sorted out. (By putting alpha at the end I allow myself to do this!)

0.5alpha3

- Requires CBA 1.0.8.14023 RC3.

- Changed: ai - Machine gun bursts are shorter to better reflect a 6-9 round length. More adjustments are needed.

- Fixed: ai - TAR-21 now has correct firing modes.

- Fixed: hiteffects - Hilarious falldown slide when hit in a vehicle or turret removed.

- Added: hiteffects - Will disable the TMR falldown when tpwfall is loaded and enabled.

There is also a CSO build for 0.5alpha3, though I have not had a chance to test it at all.

http://ryanschultz.org/arma3/@tmr-0.5alpha3.zip

http://ryanschultz.org/arma3/@tmr-cso-0.5alpha3.zip

Edited by Taosenai

I haven't got the chance to test the new AI, would you mind doing a brief explanation of how to tweak the configs so that I could mess with them a bit to optimize ammo consumption with suppression?

I don't know how possible this would be, but a system that forces AI assistant autoriflemen to supply ammo to their gunners, or just increasing the time between bursts could also remedy some of these issues.

I haven't got the chance to test the new AI, would you mind doing a brief explanation of how to tweak the configs so that I could mess with them a bit to optimize ammo consumption with suppression?

I don't know how possible this would be, but a system that forces AI assistant autoriflemen to supply ammo to their gunners, or just increasing the time between bursts could also remedy some of these issues.

The code is in here:

https://github.com/Taosenai/tmr/tree/master/tmr_ai

Due to some oddity with BI's firing modes, there are two identical files for machine guns, one that uses 'manual' for full auto and one that uses 'FullAuto' (I'll workaround this with some macro tricks soon hopefully). Make sure you change both. 'burst' is the size of the burst, and 'aiRateOfFire' is the time between bursts.

The AI should already resupply out of backpacks of members in their team who are carrying ammo as part of their vanilla behavior. (ONE, RESUPPLY AT, THAT MAN)

Cool beans on the release. The game's a lot harder when people don't fall over reliably, but I'll keep TWP Fall disabled so I can look out for more bugs.

New update v0.5.0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tmr.png

---------- Post added at 03:18 ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 ----------

New update v0.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tmr_cso.png

New versions frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Been noticing these errors in my error log popping up.

No shape for ammo type TMR_TinyFrag

No shape for ammo type TMR_LightFrag

Mostly in conjunction with throwing nades and ai throwing nades. Any ideas whats going on with that?

For use with ASDG, do we replace the orginial tmr_autorest pbo or do we run both at the same time?

For use with ASDG, do we replace the orginial tmr_autorest pbo or do we run both at the same time?

Negative. The one in ASDG Attachments is deprecated, do not use.