Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Having tried this mod, I have to say the amount (or the lack of) any recoil when the weapon is supported is enormously unrealistic. The accuracy of the weapon is so high when rested even on typical surface that you would be the worlds greatest marksman (I'm not even kidding, I tested it and I would have won every single competition I was in) even on full auto fire mode. Without having a physical support strapped to the weapon you are not going to hit a target 150m away with full auto fire mode. Especially when prone the accuracy is mindbogglingly high. When I was doing nationwide competitions in the army (finished in the final three, Finland 2006), without a built in support (sandbags, carefully planned firing position and bipods etc) for the weapon, using automatic fire was inaccurate for targets beyond 80m. With this mod, I am very effective at ranges >200m with full auto and just prone with no support.

With this mod, I am performing several orders of magnitude better than one would in real life situations and competitions. When prone, the only part of your gun that might touche the ground is the magazine, which is a highly unstable platform to support your gun on. This mod behaves as it is a strapped/weighted bipod with sandbags around it.

I would have won the entire country competition with a single automatic fire burst, with no support while on prone at a target 150m away in just a half a second...using this mod. The recoil needs to be substantially higher than what it is to represent real life marksman performances.

I apologize if I sound a bit too ranty, but this is an important topic for me :)

Are you sure you're not confusing this with VTS Weaponresting? VTS has almost zero recoil, true, and it can be (unlike TMR) used without support

I have been using TMR from the very beginning but in a most passive fashion fully trusting in the great features it provides. However now I am back to creating missions and wondered If there is a short description of each module avalable somewhere?

"tmr_nlaw.pbo" and "tmr_nlaw.pbo.TMR.bisign" -> changing reticule; providing target tracking; changing NLAW to be a one shot not-reloadable weapon.

That would be great.

Just now I am looking for the module that is responsible for the realistic silencers (making "muzzle_snds_H" incompatible with all variants of "arifle_Katiba_ACO_F"). Whats the classname of the Katiba-silencer btw?

I hope not to have bothered anyone with an already answered question

How can i deploy the bipod?

I have installed:

TMR 0.4.3.1

ASDG_JR Joint Rail

(play with six)

I have a bipod on the Negev NG7.

When i phrone to Sandbags, there are only the Gun/Sandbag Symbol.

If i push TAB, nothing happen. I get never a bipod Symbol.

When i lie on the ground. Absolut nothing happen. No Gun/Sandbag Symbol, no Bipod Symbol.

Whats my fail?

You need to check your controls. You have to set the "Next Target" as TAB (or whatever you want, it works).

Welcome to the forums

You need to check your controls. You have to set the "Next Target" as TAB (or whatever you want, it works).

Welcome to the forums

Thanks a lot! :yay:

Tao,

could you please explain how you did calibrate your optics to match their respective's ammo ballistic?

I'm designing a custom ammo for my team and I would like to give it a matching optic.

Thanks for any hekp you could provide.

Love this mod, Thank you.

Have you plans to make design more scopes?

Would love a new addition!

Hi Tao, (or anyone who could help in this)

I am using your mod with satisfaction, and I noticed you have managed to make it working on loaded games - with watchdogs and canaries (:

I started to make a night vision mod and the effects in the init.sqf doesn't run on loaded games.

Maybe you could take a look on my thread about this here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178552-My-mod-doesn-t-survive-game-load-NEED-HELP!

Thanks and waiting for more tmr modules(:

Hello, it seems that patch 1.22 has broken your recoil module.

EDIT : it's a confirmed bug. However, with bootcamp update, the recoil model WILL change :(

Edited by NikoTeen

The recoil bug is not in TMR, but in Arma 3, I think? Can you confirm?

Edit: The issue is caused by whatever the 'refactoring' of the BI recoil model was that dropped with 1.22. It seems to have been fixed for vanilla weapons, though if you check dev branch forum discussion, it was happening with vanilla weapons earlier.

Until BI finishes and documents their changes to the recoil model, I frankly have no idea how to resolve the issue (intermittent climb of muzzle during full-auto fire). I recommend removing the TMR recoil modules if you notice the issue.

Edited by Taosenai

Until BI finishes and documents their changes
documents their changes

You might have to wait a long time.

Seems to work fine again in Devbranch. Can't tell what it's like post-hotfix, though.

Yes, I confirm that it works again in the devbranch as of today, so those having issues should wait for the upcoming Bootcamp patch release.

Enjoyably, Whacky Compressible Spine Arm Firing Gun Man persists even in the Bootcamp patch with BI's 'refactored' recoils:

http://i.gyazo.com/d24264a005c2cd9cecca2b32df855425.mp4

I intend to finally release the next version of TMR shortly after Bootcamp drops. There are a few non-TMR things I'm waiting on though. I think those of you waiting for configurable keybindings will be very happy with what I've developed, both for TMR and for Arma modding generally.

Having tried this mod, I have to say the amount (or the lack of) any recoil when the weapon is supported is enormously unrealistic. The accuracy of the weapon is so high when rested even on typical surface that you would be the worlds greatest marksman (I'm not even kidding, I tested it and I would have won every single competition I was in) even on full auto fire mode. Without having a physical support strapped to the weapon you are not going to hit a target 150m away with full auto fire mode. Especially when prone the accuracy is mindbogglingly high. When I was doing nationwide competitions in the army (finished in the final three, Finland 2006), without a built in support (sandbags, carefully planned firing position and bipods etc) for the weapon, using automatic fire was inaccurate for targets beyond 80m. With this mod, I am very effective at ranges >200m with full auto and just prone with no support.

With this mod, I am performing several orders of magnitude better than one would in real life situations and competitions. When prone, the only part of your gun that might touche the ground is the magazine, which is a highly unstable platform to support your gun on. This mod behaves as it is a strapped/weighted bipod with sandbags around it.

I would have won the entire country competition with a single automatic fire burst, with no support while on prone at a target 150m away in just a half a second...using this mod. The recoil needs to be substantially higher than what it is to represent real life marksman performances.

I apologize if I sound a bit too ranty, but this is an important topic for me :)

You're exactly right, but the problem isn't the recoil, and it's not something TMR can fix. I can achieve the same lethal, unbelievable accuracy with full-auto fire using Arma 3's vanilla recoil profiles, simply by providing a consistent downward pressure on my mouse during full auto. It's easy.

The problem is that when firing in Arma 3, the front and rear sights never come out of alignment, no matter what the recoil does. One does not -- should not -- force a weapon down to resist recoil in single fire, as with the default recoil patterns. The weapon should return to NPOA on its own, as it does in TMR. The excessive accuracy you're reporting is the result of there being no unpredictable lateral movement of the weapon during recoil, and there being no loss of sight alignment as a result of vertical (or horizontal) recoil. Furthermore, the player always has perfect sight alignment when he presses right click, even if the weapon is swaying all over the screen. As you well know, you certainly can't achieve perfect sight alignment the second you press your cheek to the stock in an unsupported position with a swaying weapon. You should achieve perfect sight alignment upon cheekweld while prone, though.

TMR can't fix any of this. What I do instead is provide a recoil profile that helps to reduce the need to 'fight' the gun down with mouse movement during single fire, which is both unrealistic and annoying (to me, at least). My recoil profile also removes the hilarious spine compression during full-auto fire.

As a note, I do disagree that while prone the only point of contact is the magazine. Your elbows are in contact with the ground and the weapon transfers its energy into the full weight of your body without being able to pivot your torso, forming a naturally stabilizing skeletal structure that does make the weapon more controllable and reduces weapon movement during recoil.

I recommend passing your feedback on to BI via their Feedback Tracker; there are several open bugs about the recoil. I'll bet they're working on it for the Marksman update, so now's the time to let them know, especially with your experience.

Hi Taosenai,

I like your mod concept. I both installed and enabled your client side mod (I also have the CBA mod).

However, the recoil effect does not work for me, nor does the 2d scope. I am new and just bought Arma 3 yesterday. I have only played the "infantry" scenario and the shooting tutorial.

Both TMR and CBA show on my Arma default screen, but again, the recoil is the same for single shot, the muzzle climbs very fast and I have to keep adjusting with my mouse (very annoying). My recoil looks nothing like the tmr videos you have on youtube.

Can you help?

did i put the folder on the right place to make it work?

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

MPnriV2

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

http://imgur.com/MPnriV2

did i put the folder on the right place to make it work?

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

It should work there; if it isn't, try renaming it to @tmr (or maybe @tmr-cso)?

i did but the serveer icons are all red. aint accepting the pbo files. why this?

Inside the @tmr (or @tmr-cso) folder are the pbos inside an addons folder? So @tmr>addons>*.pbo? Also, the -cso bit is for the client-only mod isn't it? Are you trying to run this on a server?

Hey Tao, fantastic mod! Curious though, which pbo (if any), prevents the user from using nvg's with the ARCO? Really want to use my NVG with this updated optic, just don't know which one to enable/disable. Thanks.

yeh trying to log into a server.

Hey Tao, absolutely love the mod, its great fun playing with it, makes immersion soo much better. Would it be possible to add a first person only mod to TMR? I know you can disable it in the options, but I want it to be mandatory for my community. Thanks! :D

the server can set it, or choose veteran difficulty for missions.

Hi Tao,

Patch just got released and your NoClosure mod is out of order unfortunatly, as it's kind of must have in this dark hour for sound mods :( :(

Please save us from darkness :)