Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Edit: Wait, is it a completely separate bipod? I thought it was a model for TMR bipod. There is an optional version with a crate containing all Altis bipods.

Yes, it's a separate bipod. The TMR item called "Bipod" (classname "tmr_acc_bipod") goes on anything (that makes sense) but has no 3D model. The ASDG Attachments bipods have 3D models but are specific to each individual weapon (engine limitations).

Isn't there a mod that initializes mods? Try Moduload?

That might work in the meantime, but I will fix it in TMR also.

Ah, thanks for that. Oddly enough, I don't even have a "weapons" tab.

I've got "[infantry] Weapons" and "[All Vehicles] Weapons" instead, and "next target" doesn't appear anywhere (although, as mentioned, "next target (in vehicle)" does.

I'm guessing you're using Sakura-Chan's Keys - Enhanced Interaction System.

Maybe try disabling it, set up your TMR keybind, test it, then re-enable Keys and see where the bind ends up?

The optics do not work after loading a saved mission unfortunately....

A thing I've been doing is to always carry a second magnified optic, then switching to looking through the magnified view of that one (doesn't seem to work if you don't ADS first) then switch back. It should work as it used to.

Not the most practical way of doing it, but it works well enough.

I'm guessing you're using Sakura-Chan's Keys - Enhanced Interaction System.

Maybe try disabling it, set up your TMR keybind, test it, then re-enable Keys and see where the bind ends up?

Yeah, I had a hunch this might be it. Will see how I go.

EDIT - works like a charm now. Much obliged.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

I keep getting this error about TMR_RPG32 something-or-other not being found. I removed the RPG stuff (disposable, ballistics, etc. because it was messing with the way our missions were structured) but it used to work fine doing that before the latest patches, seeing as it's modular and all.

I keep getting this error about TMR_RPG32 something-or-other not being found. I removed the RPG stuff (disposable, ballistics, etc. because it was messing with the way our missions were structured) but it used to work fine doing that before the latest patches, seeing as it's modular and all.

It might be more helpful if you post the exact error text your getting, and the exact list of pbos you've removed.

Yeah, I'll try to get the exact message next time I play.

The PBOs I removed (both .pbo and .bisign) are:

tmr_disposable

tmr_launchers

tmr_nlaw

tmr_rpg42

None of which should have dependencies on them (and in past versions I have removed these with no error)

You should also remove tmr_u_loadouts -- any module marked with '_u_' is considered 'unified' and expects all other modules to be available. I think that will fix the issue you are having.

Hello.

I have been playing the Pilgrimage mission for a while and was previously using @VTS_Weaponresting, but this go around decided to use @tmr.

The issue that I am having is that the TMR functions seem to stop working after saving and restoring the game a few times. I'm not sure exactly what the circumstances are, but I do know that I have never gotten the weapon resting or bipod to work again once that happens.

Is there something specific I could be looking for in a log file to see what might be causing this? I will bring it up in the Pilgrimage thread as well, but decided to start here.

Thanks,

-Doc

EDIT:

Perhaps not related, but I do see this in the log file ... hundreds of time.

weapon:"arifle_MX_SW_Hamr_pointer_F" with 7 modes needs weapon mode with index 5, but given silencer(muzzle_snds_H) has only 5 modes

weapon:"arifle_MX_SW_Hamr_pointer_F" with 7 modes needs weapon mode with index 6, but given silencer(muzzle_snds_H) has only 5 modes

EDIT: I found Moduload, but it does not seem to work for getting the TMR mod running again for me.

Edited by Doc. Caliban

Tao, when the server isn't running TMR and a TMR-running client connects, the server's RPT is still spammed by:

18:04:09 Error: Object(3 : 5) not found

18:04:11 Client: Object 3:5 (type Type_87) not found.

18:04:13 Client: Object 3:5 (type Type_87) not found.

18:04:14 Error: Object(3 : 5) not found

18:04:14 Client: Object 3:5 (type Type_112) not found.

Such errors. It's usually those same strings repeating. I thought you had taken care of those or was I mistaken?

Tao, when the server isn't running TMR and a TMR-running client connects, the server's RPT is still spammed by:

Such errors. It's usually those same strings repeating. I thought you had taken care of those or was I mistaken?

That's because TMR adds config classes which aren't present on the server. I wonder if Taosenai could branch off special "clientside" "Lite-edition" version, which would encompass client-side changes only. Would save a lot of hassle in making everyone install TMR.

I can't believe I waited so long to install this beautifully thought out and implemented mod. The 2D scopes are worth the price of admission all by themselves!

Speaking of 2D scopes, I have noticed a small bug: if the player is zoomed in so a 2D scope is active, and then brings up the map, the 2D scope overlay is still present over the map. Obviously in the normal scheme of things this sequence isn't going to happen much, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

Thanks so much for this absolutely essential mod Tao.

Regarding the apparently known issue of the mod not fully initializing when restoring from a saved game, I found that the mod reinitializer mentioned above will eventuall get weapon resting working again, but the bipod seems to be disabled for good.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a better way to reinitialize this mod so that all of the functionality is restored after loading a saved game?

Thanks,

-Doc

Tao, when the server isn't running TMR and a TMR-running client connects, the server's RPT is still spammed... I thought you had taken care of those or was I mistaken?

The latest TMR no longer creates any objects for autorest, which created a different message than this about local vehicles. But if your clients are not running the same modset as the server, messages like what you're getting are pretty much guaranteed. In one of the posts linked about kju says not to worry about it, and I'll take him at his word.

That's because TMR adds config classes which aren't present on the server. I wonder if Taosenai could branch off special "clientside" "Lite-edition" version, which would encompass client-side changes only. Would save a lot of hassle in making everyone install TMR.

TMR is modular so it can be easily made clientside only by the user. I should include some clearer notes about that with the next release.

I can't believe I waited so long to install this beautifully thought out and implemented mod. The 2D scopes are worth the price of admission all by themselves!

Speaking of 2D scopes, I have noticed a small bug: if the player is zoomed in so a 2D scope is active, and then brings up the map, the 2D scope overlay is still present over the map. Obviously in the normal scheme of things this sequence isn't going to happen much, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

Thanks so much for this absolutely essential mod Tao.

Thanks, I use some of your stuff too and enjoy it all. I thought I squashed the map bug some ago, but evidently not. I'll get it in the next release.

Is there a better way to reinitialize this mod so that all of the functionality is restored after loading a saved game?

There is, and the next release will have it.

Thanks for reporting issues all.

did you nuke all your entries in the wiki on your site? I think I saw notes on editing the mod's contents on there, but now I can't locate them

TMR is modular so it can be easily made clientside only by the user. I should include some clearer notes about that with the next release.

Thanks for reporting issues all.

That doesn't solve the server hoster's problem though, as there's no realistic way to allow a mod with a single key and expect the players to go in and delete random PBOs from a mod folder that they really don't understand in the first place. It leaves the burden of responsibility on the player/client. And history (Both recent and otherwise) has proven that doing so is courting disaster. (A bit overstated for this specific circumstance, but still no less true)

Hi, Tao,

I use the modularity already in hosted games - because I love the scope overlay and weapon resting features from TMR, and using them creates no problems if some players use i.e. VTS resting. However, as TheCapulet correctly stated above, it's not possible to allow running TMR on dedi server for some players without introducing incompatibility. Having purely client side stuff separated would allow server admins to permit it on public servers just like sthud.

One could possibly branch off (license permitting) a cut version of TMR and ask Six updater guys to put it up, but I personally feel it'd be not fair to you and your work. So, I'm putting it up as a suggestion, whether to take it is totally your call.

Cheers & thanks for your work.

Edited by DarkWanderer

Hi, Tao,

I use the modularity already in hosted games - because I love the scope overlay and weapon resting features from TMR, and using them creates no problems if some players use i.e. VTS resting. However, as TheCapulet correctly stated above, it's not possible to allow running TMR on dedi server for some players without introducing incompatibility. Having purely client side stuff separated would allow server admins to permit it on public servers just like sthud.

One could possibly branch off (license permitting) a cut version of TMR and ask Six updater guys to put it up, but I personally feel it'd be not fair to you and your work. So, I'm putting it up as a suggestion, whether to take it is totally your call.

Cheers & thanks for your work.

The only issue I've seen while using TMR on a server that doesn't have TMR is the occasional pop-up complaining about No Entry for NLAW_used, etc. Everything else seems to work famously. Am I missing something?

The only issue I've seen while using TMR on a server that doesn't have TMR is the occasional pop-up complaining about No Entry for NLAW_used, etc. Everything else seems to work famously. Am I missing something?

Yup, you're missing the server RPT log.

I tried deploying the Bi-pod of the gun i use in game, pressed tab like everyone else says, than saw people saying over the wiki that you need to bound with the next target or lock target button, i pressed both "Were already assigned in my game" but nothing...was using the M107

Yup, you're missing the server RPT log.

That and also some desync issues - we had a couple of instances where a guy running TMR had a suppressor on, but everyone else (w/o TMR) saw his weapon as unsuppressed.

I tried deploying the Bi-pod of the gun i use in game, pressed tab like everyone else says, than saw people saying over the wiki that you need to bound with the next target or lock target button, i pressed both "Were already assigned in my game" but nothing...was using the M107

M107 isn't an official weapon AFAIK, so it might work on the BI weapons like the GM6 or the Intervention.