Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is there a user config for this mod? So I can go back and fourth between 2D and 3D optics, while still utilizing the core mod? Not that I don't appreciate the work on the 2D scopes, 3D just looks really good sometimes... lol

Is there a user config for this mod? So I can go back and fourth between 2D and 3D optics, while still utilizing the core mod? Not that I don't appreciate the work on the 2D scopes, 3D just looks really good sometimes... lol

Just create a backup folder where you find the TMR Optics pbo. Then you can simply move that pbo back and forth to enable and disable 3D optics.

I would like to see a good user config added though.

Thoroughly loving this mod :) One of my must-haves in general!

I've noticed that the bipod function for the MXM SAW/LSW (the BLUFOR machine gunner) doesnt seem to benefit from the Bipod even when it is deployed. Meaning it seems to have minimal effect compared to its peers, such as when used on the Zafir and Mk200. Am I missing something? Or is this a mistake?

Either way, the mod is fantastic and as said, a must-have.

Thanks for continuos development on this mod. :)

Maybe a stupid question, but i think when i was using this before i pressed TAB to deploy the weapons for stability? Tried this version and i can see the icon but no button or button combo seems to take effect. Is it automatic and only lowers recoil or is there a function to lower sway as well when resting? Tried to check your website and the tmr wiki, but came up empty for this one. I think the other guy who picked up tmr and developed it a bit further said it should work to press TAB, but im not 100% on that.

Thanks.

Hey Tao ! :D

Glad You`re back :) I`ve got a question about the biggest issue round here - will the save/load bug possibly be fixed? :)

That probably shouldn't happen. I'm guessing the BWMod optics inherit from the Arma 3 optics classes and so they get the TMR optics enabling stuff. I'll take a look when I start updating optics (adding the DMS and so on).

Great, I also hope this conflict with Bwmod is getting resolved. Great to see you back developing this mod.

If TAB doesnt work what could be the issue?

For some reason I bound the select next target in vehicles (can't remember it's exact name) and it worked. Maybe there was some change that caused this.

Welcome back, Tao! Some great fixes and updates already!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

For some reason I bound the select next target in vehicles (can't remember it's exact name) and it worked. Maybe there was some change that caused this.

This solved it for me, although it's not ideal.

I looked through the bug reports, didn't have any joy, then got fed up, delved into the autorest and PCML addons and changed "LockTargets" to "VehLockTargets" in the applicable scripts within, et voila - bipods and resting (and the PCML plunger) working swimmingly again.

In the UI, this bind is listed as "Next target (in vehicle)" - I don't have just "Next target" listed anywhere in the controls. Perhaps it's a deprecated control? Anyone got a screenshot?

Thanks i'll test that. :)

Weapons tab, just above "Next target (in vehicle)".

nexttarget_zps8b2a42a2.jpg

Sorry guys for the trivial question, but I just finished installing the TMR mod + ASDG Joint Rails + ASDG Attachments, and everything works great, the only thing I do not understand it's why the bipod remains still invisible.

Someone can tell me where I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance

Ok...i have found the problem...now i can see the bipod!

Rgds

Edited by j4you

Thanks. I tried it but it just doesnt work for me. I think this mod would do great with an custom action key. BIS did something and after that i just cant get the resting to work with TAB. And ive tried adding TAB to tons of options in the control config... :(

Thanks. I tried it but it just doesnt work for me. I think this mod would do great with an custom action key. BIS did something and after that i just cant get the resting to work with TAB. And ive tried adding TAB to tons of options in the control config... :(

You're sure the userconfig files are installed correctly?

I've noticed that the bipod function for the MXM SAW/LSW (the BLUFOR machine gunner) doesnt seem to benefit from the Bipod even when it is deployed. Meaning it seems to have minimal effect compared to its peers, such as when used on the Zafir and Mk200. Am I missing something? Or is this a mistake?

It does get a benefit. The LSW has a good bit of recoil on full auto since it's a lighter weapon than the Mk200 firing the same caliber of round, though, so the bipod doesn't eliminate it. I'll make sure it's working according to my 'vision' though.

Hey Tao ! :D

Glad You`re back :) I`ve got a question about the biggest issue round here - will the save/load bug possibly be fixed? :)

What parts of TMR are not working after a load? I thought I fixed the optics bug. If not, I have a solution in place.

You're sure the userconfig files are installed correctly?

TMR doesn't have any UserConfig files just yet. A lot of people have had problems with the LockTarget thing.

I could throw in a userconfig for keys, but it's my intention to add a custom key binding system, and a lot of the framework for it is written. Mostly I have to make an in-game GUI. Not having one is blocking a lot of other features, so it's relatively high on my TMR priority list.

TMR doesn't have any UserConfig files just yet.

Oops - starting to confuse mods. Sorry!

Taosenai, could you clarify how to use ASDG Attachment with your mod?

First you need to install ASDG Joint Rails, if I understand correctly.

Then you have to install Attachments, but to actually appear ingame it requires you to replace tmr_autorest.pbo in the TMR addon folder. But TMR has been updated recently, and ASDG Attachments hasn't since November. Is it really safe to replace your file? I want to see that neat black bipod attached, but I'm worried about bugs.

I could throw in a userconfig for keys, but it's my intention to add a custom key binding system, and a lot of the framework for it is written. Mostly I have to make an in-game GUI. Not having one is blocking a lot of other features, so it's relatively high on my TMR priority list.

Happy to hear that. As it is now for some strange reason i just cant use resting and ultimately not use your great mod. So thanks for doing custom bind. :)

Taosenai, could you clarify how to use ASDG Attachment with your mod?

First you need to install ASDG Joint Rails, if I understand correctly.

Then you have to install Attachments, but to actually appear ingame it requires you to replace tmr_autorest.pbo in the TMR addon folder. But TMR has been updated recently, and ASDG Attachments hasn't since November. Is it really safe to replace your file? I want to see that neat black bipod attached, but I'm worried about bugs.

Although I'm not the main author, I can speak for ASDG attachments, and as Tao mentioned on it's thread, you no longer need to replace the tmr_autorest.pbo since the new version of TMR came out (0.4+). Thanks to Taosenai, the ASDG Atlis bipods work better than ever with the latest version of TMR.

Although I'm not the main author, I can speak for ASDG attachments, and as Tao mentioned on it's thread, you no longer need to replace the tmr_autorest.pbo since the new version of TMR came out (0.4+). Thanks to Taosenai, the ASDG Atlis bipods work better than ever with the latest version of TMR.

Then I am at a loss, since I have TMR, Joint Rails and Attachments (without replacing anything) installed, and while I can deploy and attach bipods, I don't see them ingame. :(

Basically no difference between TMR+JR and TMR+JR+Attachments.

Edit: Wait, is it a completely separate bipod? I thought it was a model for TMR bipod. There is an optional version with a crate containing all Altis bipods.

Edited by Hieronymus

The optics do not work after loading a saved mission unfortunately....

Isn't there a mod that initializes mods? Try Moduload?