Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Am I the only one who noticed that they used TMR realistic recoil in this video? I might be wrong, but I didn't see any of the spine-breaking recoil present in vanilla...

Nope, this is normal A3.

For those commenting, if you want to reduce unit recoil for cinematics, you can use the command setUnitRecoilCoefficient.

I won't be implementing this stuff until after I get a fixed release out, but does anyone know what real scope the SOS is inspired by? It's very crazy, with four knobs instead of three and a thick body, as if it had some digital stuff going on inside. There are no modeled buttons, though. Could it be some kind of low-light scope with image intensification? Perhaps it's totally fictional, in which case I'll let my imagination run wild.

The new LRPS is undoubtedly a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x, so I'll move the TMR SOS config and reticle (which are a NXS 5.5-22x) over to it. The DMS has been fictionalized a bit but it's almost certainly based on the Burris XTR series (http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtr1x4x.html, look at the second picture). When I update it, I will make it correspond to the Burris XTR II 1.5-8x, which will fill an ideal space in the array of scopes available (http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtr1x8x.html).

Edited by Taosenai

0.4 is primarily a compatibility and bug fixing release, but a few new features snuck in. Be sure to check out the semi-animated deployed bipods when you use ASDG Attachments (optional)! Please file all new bugs via GitHub. I may or may not notice or remember it if you post it here.

Get it from the first post.

And of course a special thanks to cambam47 who implemented several of these fixes in the TMR Alternate branch!

Release Notes

——-

- TMR now recommends ASDG Joint Rails for use with the autorest module. Without it, you will not be able to attach the bipod accessory (“tmr_acc_bipodâ€).

- Some modules were renamed. Be sure to delete the old version of TMR.

Known Issues

——-

- Some strings are not yet updated, such as black MXs. This is pending a stringtable rewrite.

0.4 CHANGELOG

- General updates to provide fixed compatibility with Arma 3 + Campaign DLC.

- New: launchers – Increase launcher reload time to restrict rocket and AA spam, especially by AI.

- New: autorest – Uses ASDG Joint Rails interface for bipod accessory.

- Added: autorest – Support ASDG Attachments bipods, including animated state changes with them.

- Added: ballistics – .357 Magnum for Rhino 60DS.

- Added: smallarms – Support all Campaign DLC weapons.

- Changed: rpg42 – Use a clean version of the BI reticle (no dust).

- Fixed: optics – REALLY works with triple head now.

- Fixed: autorest – Fixed leaking objects and “nonnetwork object†rpt spam.

- Fixed: Many inheritance bugs that caused rpt warnings.

Edited by Taosenai

\m/ Excellent!

EDIT #2 - fixed it, via the sneaky replacement of "VehLockTargets" in a couple of places.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

\m/ Excellent!

EDIT #2 - fixed it, via the sneaky replacement of "VehLockTargets" in a couple of places.

Fixed what? Is something not working properly?

Taosenai: Cheers man. :)

We are so happy you are back. This is great news. Just keep doing what your doing, even if that means you have to slow down a bit, completely understandable. I struggle to think of playing A3 with out the improvements of TMR.

Fixed what? Is something not working properly?

I couldn't get resting to work - and wasn't able for quite some time, even before 1.4 came out.

For some reason, despite having "next target" bound, I couldn't rest on anything, no matter the keybind.

I looked through the bug reports, didn't have any joy, then got fed up, delved into the autorest and PCML addons and changed "LockTargets" to "VehLockTargets" in the applicable scripts within, et voila - bipods and resting (and the PCML plunger) working swimmingly again.

Tao, potential problem ....

When someone starts a mission with TMR in their modset, the server's RPT is spammed with stuff like:

"9:19:07 Cannot create non-ai vehicle TMR_Autorest_GeoRef,

9:19:07 Cannot create object 3:1

9:19:07 Cannot create non-ai vehicle TMR_Autorest_GeoRef,

9:19:07 Cannot create object 3:2

9:19:07 Cannot create object 3:3

9:19:07 Cannot create object 3:4

9:19:07 Cannot create object 3:5"

This occurs for minutes in the RPT

" 9:25:06 Client: Remote object 3:8 not found

9:25:06 Client: Remote object 3:9 not found"

... and there's sporadically stuff like:

" 9:25:00 Client: Object 3:4 (type Type_87) not found.

9:25:00 Error: Object(3 : 9) not found

9:25:00 Error: Object(3 : 3) not found

9:25:00 Client: Object 3:3 (type Type_112) not found."

It seems to be centered around Type_87 and _112, and occurs many times per second, for minutes. The server is not running TMR; just client.

It seems like there is no way to avoid report spam of some type when using autorest on the client and not on the server. When not using createVehicleLocal, those messages are spammed. When using createVehicleLocal, the deleteVehicle call spams "non-network object" reports.

I will work on this. I'm confident that I can reimplement it to not require any 'vehicles' of any type for the resting system. It's just a bit more work, I hope.

what may cause i have ctd with this TMR version when i try use paper doll gear menu ?

Does this happen to anyone else?

edit

must be conflict with mods because only cba and tmr no problem.

Edited by Rapax

Love the mod. Been using the Alternate for a while.

I disabled and removed the Alternate today then added 0.4 and enabled. When I try to fire the Mk200 autorifle nothing happens. No click. No shoot. Nothing. Bipod deploys. Can reload. But the gun does nothing. I loaded the MX and it fired normally. Loaded the M16A4 and it fired normally. Loaded the M240 and also fired without issue. Still troubleshooting but all I've changed is removing TMR Alternate and adding TMR 0.4. Anyone else experiencing this or something similar?

Hello,

first of all I would like to say this mod is a real necessity to play correctly on arma 3 and really great...

I just have a little question regarding the aimsway :

With our team we tried to modify the tmr_aimsway.pbo to reduce a little bit the up/down amplitude of the weapon and keep the same aiwsway speed.

Unfortunatemly we did found the "#define TMR_SWAY_XX" to do this. We just found a solution to reduce the speed and amplitude in same time but not each one separately.

We would like to know if there is specific parameter to modify to do that in tmr?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Cya.

0.4.1 is released fixing all issues reported so far. This is an important update!

Autorest should not spam your logs ever again in any way.

0.4.1 Changelog

- Fixed: autorest - No longer requires any 'vehicles' to be created, and is slightly faster.

- Fixed: smallarms - Mk200 will fire now.

- Fixed: smallarms - ASDG Joint Rails inheritance mistake. Might fix CTD under certain conditions.

- Changed: autorest - Slightly more forgiving resting area.

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Hello,

I just have a little question regarding the aimsway :

With our team we tried to modify the tmr_aimsway.pbo to reduce a little bit the up/down amplitude of the weapon and keep the same aiwsway speed.

Unfortunatemly we did found the "#define TMR_SWAY_XX" to do this. We just found a solution to reduce the speed and amplitude in same time but not each one separately.

The sway pattern is controlled by the engine (or perhaps the animation?). Unfortunately you can only change the intensity (as tmr_aimsway does), as far as I know.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Taosenai

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Thanks for the update, Tao, it fixed the CTD I was experiencing! On the other hand, TMR optics has a long term conflict with BWMod optics... (your 2D scope overlays BWMod 2D scopes, mixing both)

Is there a way to solve it, or it is up to BWMod guys to use other layer for their scopes???

I´m loving the animated ASDG attachments, gonna use more vanilla guns now! =)

Cheers!

;2656035']Thanks for the update' date=' Tao, it fixed the CTD I was experiencing! On the other hand, TMR optics has a long term conflict with BWMod optics... (your 2D scope overlays BWMod 2D scopes, mixing both)

Is there a way to solve it, or it is up to BWMod guys to use other layer for their scopes???[/quote']

That probably shouldn't happen. I'm guessing the BWMod optics inherit from the Arma 3 optics classes and so they get the TMR optics enabling stuff. I'll take a look when I start updating optics (adding the DMS and so on).

Great work :)

When using the MRCO scope, the X1 reticle is the normal A3 one and the X4 reticle is TMR, is that supposed to be that way?

I am the king of rapid updates for stupid bugs, but at least I get some little new feature in each time.

Thanks to AW-Conroy for reporting the autorest directionality bug, which was the thoughtless result of an overenthusiastic last-minute optimization (which saved 0.06 ms!!).

0.4.2 Changelog

- Added: autorest - Objects can be excluded from hardrest (currently only flowers).

- Fixed: autorest - Directionality of refpoints is now correct.

- Fixed: recoil - Camshake/dispersion EH properly called.

- Changed: autorest - Even more forgiving rest area. If your right elbow is on a wall to your right side, you should be able to rest. (Intentionally not so for your left elbow.)