Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Yeah I noticed the same issue in the campaign. Sometimes swapping optics fixes it, but sometimes not.

I think the issue is just that TMR (even the Alternate that I linked before) is getting a little outdated with all the new dev branch updates, and probably more and more bugs will emerge as time goes on without updates to TMR.

Which is a huge shame because it is a required addon for me with the ballistics and more realistic weapon sway. I've just been removing modules as needed when they cause problems, but eventually I'll be down to...well, not much left. :p

Tao, I have a pretty good suggestion for your mod, which looks pretty awesome if I must say. When a helicopter takes off for real it kicks up a hell of a lot more dust than it does in game, maybe this can be fixed ;)

Tao, I have a pretty good suggestion for your mod, which looks pretty awesome if I must say. When a helicopter takes off for real it kicks up a hell of a lot more dust than it does in game, maybe this can be fixed ;)

Use Blastcore...

Is there a way to use only the resting feature without the new optics?

I want to use the TMR resting and the resting of ASDG with the bipod.

When I delete the optics files in the folder of tmr, resting doesnt work.

Best regards.

You should be able to remove the optics.pbo with no problems, mate. I have been doing it for quite a while...

Not sure why it wouldnt work your end, maybe try a fresh version of the mod, then just remove the .pbo and .bisign for the optics.

Okay, sorry you are right, my mistake.

I have only tested with DUWS because it worked with it for months for me. But now nothing happens when the symbol of resting appears and I press the button.

In the TMR test mission it is no problem.

Do you know how to fix? I am sure it worked for me.

Best regards.

EDIT: It works in DUWS only with the optics.pbo! Sorry but what can I do now?

Yeah I noticed the same issue in the campaign. Sometimes swapping optics fixes it, but sometimes not.

I think the issue is just that TMR (even the Alternate that I linked before) is getting a little outdated with all the new dev branch updates, and probably more and more bugs will emerge as time goes on without updates to TMR.

Which is a huge shame because it is a required addon for me with the ballistics and more realistic weapon sway. I've just been removing modules as needed when they cause problems, but eventually I'll be down to...well, not much left. :p

Hello there

The missing reticule is down to the mod not re-initialising after a reload. Theres a modloader mod available here (somewhere!) or through PWS. Re-initialising the mod sorts the issue for me.

Rdgs

LoK

I need a little help understanding the use of the TMR mod. I installed the file folders as directed, and from within the game I activated the TMR mod from the extensions as usual.

Now, there appears to be a whole list of modules listed beneath the original TMR entry - many of which are too long to be read. Should I be activating these too, or are they automatic? Some I don't know what to do with (like a control scheme, or "core" label, etc...). I have special controller configs in my profile that I can't lose.

Any input to help me understand this would be great.

Sacha

Sacha,

You need to individually activate these too. Language and the two Core you definitely need. Then you pick and choose which you want. For example, I use resting, optics, aimsway, ballistics and optics,though some of my guys use more or less. Aimsway and resting are the golden eggs for me. Resting, in my opinion changes the infantry fighting aspect of this game beyond recognition. All of your old Arma drills are history. Start learning again.

Disregard.

Edited by Khugan

Not sure why i can't use bipod. I use m320 or another bipod attaced weapon but can't deploy bipod. Is this dosen't support all addon weapons?

I put all mod in one folder dose it make problem? some how resting is work though i don't check in expansion but bipod is not.

Edited by kgino1045

Search of this thread for 'deploy bipod' reveals this has been asked and answered many times!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160054-TMR-Modular-Realism&p=2514442&viewfull=1#post2514442

Maybe but it was hard to find for me also...

Better to include this info in the opening post.

bug report

I didn't go through the whole thread but if you deploy a rifle squad in the editor. The AT rifleman (with PCML attached) has no backpack so he has no ammo to fire.

Edited by DrDeathO5

The author of the thread is no longer active so we can't update first post. For any bug reports, see the TMR Alt thread, where this mod has been continued by someone else (although that author hasn't been active nice January)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170579-TMR-Modular-Realism-Alternate

Edited by zach72

The author of the thread is no longer active so we can't update first post. For any bug reports, see the TMR Alt thread,where this mod has been continued by someone else (although that hasn't been updated for a while either)

Indeed,

i just figured i mention it for people who are still using this mod.

I am tentatively resuming work on TMR in order to get it in shape for current releases of Arma 3. Expect a much slower rate of development corresponding to my real-life workload and some different, clearer priorities with regards to realism. If I could remove the word realism from the name of the mod, I would. TMR accepts BI's premise that Arma 3 is set in a fictional alternate universe where the development of things has gone differently, and it works with the existing content to make it more fun by implementing realistic systems based on the real-world counterparts of weapons and equipment, in order to improve gameplay rather than add tedium. That has always been my goal. I don't count rivets, and I won't. But I also won't call a Maverick a 'Macer.'

The main thing which made developing TMR oppressively time consuming before was too much focus on managing the non-development aspects, like reading forums, posting changelogs, tracking bugs posted here, writing boring documentation, etc. I'd like to just focus on developing stuff in my free time, not trawling forum posts. :D As such expect bug reports to only reach me via detailed GitHub bug reports. I'll continue to have in-game documentation and tutorial missions for features as well as detailed changelogs, but the website will not duplicate that info.

I welcome additional contributors -- anyone who has customized their TMR at a script level for their community should get in touch so I can get a feel for what issues have cropped up in real multiplayer environments.

I will integrate fixes from all forks very soon and will figure out how to resolve the issue with autorest causing report and object spam on servers. That's a critical issue since I know autorest is the main attraction here.

I have already completed in Git some minor updates to weapon recoil models to support the stuff added by the campaign. The Python build script also now uses Addon Builder and Python 3.

I would like to fix the triple screen issue with the 2D optics module as a top priority. I do not have a triple-screen setup. If someone with a triple-screen setup and a familiarity with the Arma 3 debug console could PM me, we can sort it out. It's just a bug, not an insurmountable problem.

Again, development is going to be much slower than before. That was a rate I can't sustain and it led to tremendous burnout on my part when combined with my real-life work.

That's some good news! Super glad to see you're back on it Taosenai!

WHoho,... nice to know TMR is gonna be updated.

At the moment i don't use it anymore because to many bugs with later game versions but it was one of the best mods which i really liked with no downsides and a nice attention to detail.

Triple-head optics bug is fixed in Git, making tmr_optics now compatible with all types of display setups. It should reliably work no matter what now. (getResolution select 4) does not return a correct aspect ratio value for triple-head screens. In fact, I have no idea what the value it returns in those situations is. I'll file a bug after some more investigation.

I've also slightly improved the efficiency of the recoil effect. Note that if the recoil effect is not rendering correctly, it means that the mission you are playing is using script resources way, way too aggressively, causing negative performance effects on both the server and clients. No loop that runs for more than a second should not have a sleep in it, frankly, unless it's doing something absolutely time critical (like the NLAW guidance, which has script lag compensation code in it).

The autorest bugs are also fixed in Git. This should eliminate the object leak (which could have eventually caused slowdowns in very long running missions with many JIP and respawn players) and the .rpt spamming of a warning by the engine. Hard rest state will also break if you turn away from the object now (just like the soft rest). Autorest retains its feature where, unlike other resting implementations, the physical weapon and (imaginary) bipod must actually be roughly resting on something. If you angle up too high when prone, the bipod will be lifted from the ground. Bipods cannot be used to engage targets paralell to you if you are laying on a downward slope. I will not change this behavior.

All new weapons added, new .357 Magnum ammo for the Rhino 60DS, bipod now uses the superior attachment support config, some other stuff.

Release of this stuff soonish to get TMR on a working level with today's Arma 3, and then I'll start some more feature implementation.

Edited by Taosenai

Great to see you back at the helm of this Tao!

do the weapon sway and bipod setting work with any weapon mods, or do they each need to be configured?

glad to see you have fixed the triple head issue. Shame one of my 3 monitors has died recently so can't take advantage of it!

That's great news Tao! Glad you are back at it... I think I speak for most when I say that I would rather have it come slow and right than fast and wrong... so you won't see me complaining about time. Really appreciate the personal time you are putting into this.

Am I the only one who noticed that they used TMR realistic recoil in this video? I might be wrong, but I didn't see any of the spine-breaking recoil present in vanilla...

I would be surprised if they used user-made content in official medias - but who knows?