Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

@Tao i stumbled across a strange incident yesterday.

While playing a very "busy" mission (Whole Lotta Altis) sometime in a heavy fight my FPS got really low.

As a result there was a substantial delay of your 2D optics to rise and changing back to CQC optics view.

*Funny thing was you could run/sprint/turn to combat pace even 3rd person view while still have the 2D reticule on screen _for 3-4 seconds_ (!!)

Even worse..when eventually battle reached an outcome and FPS returned to an "affordable state"..this issue with optics remained as it was.

:/

How difficult would it be to allow flashlights (or even some optics) to be attached to pistols?

How difficult would it be to allow flashlights (or even some optics) to be attached to pistols?

Try RH Pistol Pack. Its awesome!

I've just made a small internal config patch so that the bipodded R3F weapons have TMR bipods.

It was a complete pain. Can TMR please have a userconfig file where a user can define additional weapons which have this feature? The requirement that the other mod authors know to include this value when making their weapon configs is too much it seems.

I've just made a small internal config patch so that the bipodded R3F weapons have TMR bipods.

It was a complete pain. Can TMR please have a userconfig file where a user can define additional weapons which have this feature? The requirement that the other mod authors know to include this value when making their weapon configs is too much it seems.

^^ +1!!!!!!

please please!!! it would be so much of a help! love your mod but it doesn't work with our weapons :(

Is anyone else now able to fire the bolt action rifles like they're semi-auto?

My mistake, problem caused by another addon

@Tao i stumbled across a strange incident yesterday.

While playing a very "busy" mission (Whole Lotta Altis) sometime in a heavy fight my FPS got really low.

As a result there was a substantial delay of your 2D optics to rise and changing back to CQC optics view.

*Funny thing was you could run/sprint/turn to combat pace even 3rd person view while still have the 2D reticule on screen _for 3-4 seconds_ (!!)

Even worse..when eventually battle reached an outcome and FPS returned to an "affordable state"..this issue with optics remained as it was.

:/

This is likely to happen when the mission has some script that is running out of control. TMR's optics system is efficient and should remain responsive -- unless another script is on a rampage.

Has to be done with custom models I believe.

Unfortunately this is not an option. Users could then define any weapon they'd like in the userconfig and deploy bipods at will without the server being able to regulate it.

For now config integration is the only way to go about it unless BI replaces the weapon attachment 'system.'

What about a weapon overheating system? What do you think about this suggestion?

cambam47 has already written up such a system and it's sitting in Git waiting for me to pull and integrate it. You should see the first implementation in 0.4.

Unfortunately this is not an option. Users could then define any weapon they'd like in the userconfig and deploy bipods at will without the server being able to regulate it.

What if the script compares the client vs server userconfig and takes the client values only if they match the server values?

Great mod Tao. I Love everything except one thing. Is there any way to remove or just move the weapon resting icon? Resting is great but the icon gets in the way at the worst possible times when trying to give friendlies a three digit bearing on compass. I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, sorry if it has. If it is possible to make it like the rest of the HUD and movable that would be an epic win!

Peace,

Shiz

I disabled the optics, unified loadouts, and RPG/disposable launchers. However, my optics are still changed. Is there something else I have to disable to get my optics to go back to the way they were?

I disabled the optics, unified loadouts, and RPG/disposable launchers. However, my optics are still changed. Is there something else I have to disable to get my optics to go back to the way they were?

I find I have to delete the pbo's of each of those for them to actually be removed.

Pic you are using the in game list to enable mods you need to manually delete the line from the user config or delete the pbo from the mod folder.

Where you shooting a bush in front of your face? Were you in a vehicle with a damaged cannon?

No, some troops 300m out using a rifle.

Tao, can you confirm that just -disabling- the optics mod isn't enough? I have to delete your pbo for the optics to stop using them? That definitely sounds like a bug.

Edited by SpectreRSG

What rifle?

Happens with any kind of assault rifle. Done a bit of testing now and it's not TMR/CBA related. Might be TPW or a conflict between them.

When I first saw it happening I thought it was a nice new ballistics feature to account for wind speeds. But then the tracer rounds started doing weird spirals and just going all over the place.

"At this distance you'll also have to take the Coriolis Effect into account." [cit.] :D

Yay!

Tao, can you confirm that just -disabling- the optics mod isn't enough? I have to delete your pbo for the optics to stop using them? That definitely sounds like a bug.

to quote his website:

TMR is designed to be modular, which means you can remove those parts which you don't like, or which don't suit your playstyle. It's as simple as deleting or moving the relevant .pbo file out of the @tmr\Addons\ folder.

looks like it's that way by design

Is this the result of the Enhanced ballistics?

http://i.minus.com/iGkOm68nePuMl.gif

That is the FFIS doing that. I've never used the FFIS without TMR so it may be okay alone. With TMR though it makes the rounds go bat shit crazy. 300m+ you depend on luck more than skill. All you can do is go into your Arma root > userconfig > Zooloo75 then edit the file with notepad. Set the Bulletwind to "False" instead of "True". Save and exit. Good to go.

Peace,

Shiz

That is the FFIS doing that. I've never used the FFIS without TMR so it may be okay alone. With TMR though it makes the rounds go bat shit crazy. 300m+ you depend on luck more than skill. All you can do is go into your Arma root > userconfig > Zooloo75 then edit the file with notepad. Set the Bulletwind to "False" instead of "True". Save and exit. Good to go.

Peace,

Shiz

Thanks a lot!