Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for this amazing mod but I have a problem, I cant use the taw_viewdistance with your mod.

Thanks for this amazing mod but I have a problem, I cant use the taw_viewdistance with your mod.
Could you fill this form?

Using

- <name of Mod/s breaking other Mod/s>

Breaks

- <name of Mod/s broken by the Mod/s>

Issue

Description of the issue and, if known or theorized, breakdown of the cause that makes the Mods conflict with each other

Solution

If known or theorized, possible solution to make the Mods compatible

Yay!

Using

- Taw viewdistance and the TMR

Breaks

- Taw viewdistance, the setting menu of this mod doesnt appear in the action menu.

Edit: Sry it's the taw viewdistance that is broken.

Edited by ETBSmorgan

Using

- Taw viewdistance and the TMR

Breaks

- Taw viewdistance, the setting menu of this mod doesnt appear in the action menu.

Edit: Sry it's the taw viewdistance that is broken.

Thank you! :D

Could you point me to Taw viewdistance's thread? I'll let the author know about the problem.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Hey Tao, did you change the EBR to semi-auto only? And i've been dying to (seemingly) PCML and RPG42 backblasts recently. Would this be related to your mod, or something else?

So how do we use the PCML?

There's no visual or audible indication of a lock. Pressing Tab creates the bipod deployment sound for some strange reason. One time out of ten I was able to get that beautiful top-attack flight path and EFP explosion, but otherwise it behaves like vanilla (the explosion changes size too, oddly).

Furthermore, the mod keeps randomly switching me to switch back to rifle, even if a round is loaded. Auto switching to rifle after firing is especially serious, as it prevents me from observing the fall of the round, or locks me in place to be killed by the angry vehicle. (Does anyone else have this problem? I notice that when the TPW addon initialize, I always get switched to rifle. Are there any reports of conflicts?)

ACE's disposable system dropped the launcher automatically after it was fired. Just a suggestion.

Edit: I just found you youtube videos. It would be nice if the documentation was front and center in the readme or on your very thorough website.

I still have questions, though. How do I change modes like in the videos? F just switches weapons. Does the MPV variant have predicted LoS guidance and top attack? I haven't been able to get the AT variant to lead targets either.

Please play the included tutorial mission under Scenarios. The PCML functions like an NLAW or SRAW using PLOS guidance. The MPV has PLOS guidance but does not pop-up and does not have a sensing Overhead Top Attack warhead. It's intended for use against defensive fortifications and light vehicles. In time I will include complete documentation outside of the tutorial scenarios.

There's nothing in TMR that should cause you to be switched back to the rifle -- I expect you're encountering some kind of Arma bug. Can you reproduce it with/without TMR?

I am opposed to automatically dropping the launcher when it is fired by a player. The player may want to keep it on his back for whatever reason -- to dispose of it in a secluded area, to deter other armor threats, etc. The empty PCML tube can even be used to rest weapons. So, I leave the decision to the player for now.

Hey Tao, did you change the EBR to semi-auto only? And i've been dying to (seemingly) PCML and RPG42 backblasts recently. Would this be related to your mod, or something else?

Yes, I tentatively made the EBR semi-auto only based on mixed 'internet' reports that most issued EBRs were coming with the full-auto lock installed. I'll change it back given some evidence to the contrary.

TMR does not implement any backblast feature yet, so that's something else!

0.4 is a ways off yet, but the headline feature will be custom key bindings and a lot of internal frameworking, which will lay the way for the stuff in 0.5 and beyond. I am also tentatively planning to include scope zeroing and wind in 0.4, but those may well be pushed back to 0.5.

I can't pinpoint the issues, so I'm asking here too: on Showcase Combined Arms, both Ghost Hawks disappear as soon as they take 10-20 meters in the air after they have unloaded the troops at mission start. Am I the only one having the issue? Could TMR be the culprit?

Yay!

Yeah, turns out the Swedish forces pack has backblast for AT launchers.

On the subject of the EBR, isn't it an opfor weapon in the game? I guess that would sort of leave it to you as the deciding factor. Wiki reveals some of the EBR variants locked off, others not.

Also, are the name changes tied to the language module, or are inherent in the small arms package?

Yeah, turns out the Swedish forces pack has backblast for AT launchers.

On the subject of the EBR, isn't it an opfor weapon in the game? I guess that would sort of leave it to you as the deciding factor. Wiki reveals some of the EBR variants locked off, others not.

Also, are the name changes tied to the language module, or are inherent in the small arms package?

BI has announced that they'll be replacing the EBR with a proper CSAT marksman weapon in a patch, so it'll just be left as a custom asset for mission makers.

The name changes are currently part of tmr_smallarms and its submodules and so they're not translatable/modular/etc. I intend to move them to submodules of tmr_language in the future which can then be removed for those who prefer BI's naming. This is sort of a low priority over implementing features and fixing bugs though.

BI has announced that they'll be replacing the EBR with a proper CSAT marksman weapon in a patch, so it'll just be left as a custom asset for mission makers.

The name changes are currently part of tmr_smallarms and its submodules and so they're not translatable/modular/etc. I intend to move them to submodules of tmr_language in the future which can then be removed for those who prefer BI's naming. This is sort of a low priority over implementing features and fixing bugs though.

I love the EBR, shame it will be left as a custom asset in favor of the rather bland marksman version of the MX. :(

Yay!

Please play the included tutorial mission under Scenarios. In time I will include complete documentation outside of the tutorial scenarios.

Ah, thanks for answering. in the meantime, it might be good to point out the existence of the tutorial mission in the readme for us old-fashioned types.

There's nothing in TMR that should cause you to be switched back to the rifle -- I expect you're encountering some kind of Arma bug. Can you reproduce it with/without TMR?

I've started to suspect TPW as the culprit.

I am opposed to automatically dropping the launcher when it is fired by a player. The player may want to keep it on his back for whatever reason -- to dispose of it in a secluded area, to deter other armor threats, etc. The empty PCML tube can even be used to rest weapons. So, I leave the decision to the player for now.

Given the existence of the magnified sight, I actually agree. Since you seem to be an NLAW buff, maybe you know the answer to this: Is the whole launcher really disposable? Do they throw away the expensive night sight and guidance electronics, or is it detachable from the tube like with the javelin?

Check out 5:30. NLAWs have bipods that can be deployed against the shooter's stomach while standing. That would be neat.

And finally, I wanted to report that AI NLAW users tend to lead targets by way too much, as if the vehicle (in this case a Marid) was going full speed instead of at crawl speed. The result is that the 'guided' AT soldiers are much less accurate than the deadly RPG-42 users.

Edit: And I forgot to mention: the sway on the rangefinder could be turned down even more. Currently I need to hold my breath in order to cleanly laze a tank at 1500m.

Edited by maturin

I'm having trouble with this mod. when I enable it weapon resting doesn't work. is there something I have to do before I can rest weapons?

I'm having trouble with this mod. when I enable it weapon resting doesn't work. is there something I have to do before I can rest weapons?

You have to bind a key to "Next Target" in the controls. It's default is unbound.

no, I have Tab assigned to that action. besides, in the tutorial scenario it says you can rest any weapon on any surface and it's done automatically, for me it never happens and I can't advance the tutorial because it doesn't work

Hey.

with TMR activated, i cannot attach the New BIS-Optics (Nightstalker, Night, IR, IR-MG) onto any of the stock weapons. I guess this might be due to the reconfiguration of the weapons you are doing, which lacks the config-entry for weapons attachments (since the old attachments, which were already present in the beta still seem to work). Is there any know way to fix this, or could it be fixed during a new update?

Making the NLAW single shot tricks the AI into thinking that they are out of ammo. This can cause team leaders to order a rearm, taking valuable AT soldiers out of formation unnecessarily.

And since we've only got one shot and very limited guidance capability, have you considered upgrading the NLAW's damage to realistic levels and letting it destroy MBTs?

Yes bug when in scope and you open the map and you still have the scope, overlaying the map.

Yes bug when in scope and you open the map and you still have the scope, overlaying the map.

ACE's scopes had the same issue. It's probably a limitation, and not worth the blood, sweat and tears to fix it.

yeh its there "when Scope is up". easy fix LOWER scope when using map... It would be even better you cant even get to map with your scope up .. or even have to pull it out(lower weapon to access). Any way sure he will make it better.

Taosenai, I think I found an issue with your conf for enabling single shot on some LMG.

I tested all 3 SMG, and MX SW gunner in squad always engage in single fire no matter is the distance. Same thing for Zafir but Mk200 for some reason engage full auto.

I manually disabled single fire by commenting your config.cpp and AI engage normally full auto (logical, they don't have the choice anymore :)

Do you know how to fix this ?

It's annoying because a SAW that fires only single shot is a real problem for the firepower of a squad...

Bug when opening map while scoped up.

Known issue (but I think you reported it at just about the same time I discovered it for myself). Will resolve in a future update -- easy fix.

Hey.

with TMR activated, i cannot attach the New BIS-Optics (Nightstalker, Night, IR, IR-MG) onto any of the stock weapons. I guess this might be due to the reconfiguration of the weapons you are doing, which lacks the config-entry for weapons attachments (since the old attachments, which were already present in the beta still seem to work). Is there any know way to fix this, or could it be fixed during a new update?

I'll look into this. It shouldn't be happening, as I don't alter the optics attachment interface.

Making the NLAW single shot tricks the AI into thinking that they are out of ammo. This can cause team leaders to order a rearm, taking valuable AT soldiers out of formation unnecessarily.

And since we've only got one shot and very limited guidance capability, have you considered upgrading the NLAW's damage to realistic levels and letting it destroy MBTs?

I'd call it an engine bug that the AI treats it that way, but it's something I'd like to work around.

Currently the NLAW, in an OTA profile, will reliably weapons-kill the Merkava and the "T-100." The Merkava, at least, is supposed to have advanced protection from top attack in real life. The NLAW ads claim that they can reliably kill all modern MBTs. So who knows if the EFP would actually defeat the Merkava's top armor and kill the crew. For now, I'm okay with the balance, but I'll think about it. (Vehicles and AT stuff/better armor hit simulation/etc. tentatively planned for later, preplanning.)

Taosenai, I think I found an issue with your conf for enabling single shot on some LMG.

I tested all 3 SMG, and MX SW gunner in squad always engage in single fire no matter is the distance. Same thing for Zafir but Mk200 for some reason engage full auto.

I manually disabled single fire by commenting your config.cpp and AI engage normally full auto (logical, they don't have the choice anymore :)

Do you know how to fix this ?

It's annoying because a SAW that fires only single shot is a real problem for the firepower of a squad...

I am redoing the AI firing patterns for small arms completely, which will resolve this. BI, uh, didn't finish them for many weapons.

FYI, AI machinegunners were already using single shots at long range with dev branch vanilla. Pain in the ass.

Hey when I load the TMR tutorials the commands for PLOS and the Bipod are "Undefined" and I can't find them in my controls.

How do I set the keys?

EDIT: nvm, searched the thread. Found it.

Edited by mca88