Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just wanted to say that I can't enjoy ArmA 3 without this mod. From the recoil changes to the better 2D scopes and the weapon resting, it goes a hell of a long way to fixing some of the "broken" things in ArmA 3. Just wanted to say thank you for making this and keep up the good work.

Config bug when firing EBR suppressed from prone.

This happened when I exited from splendid camera. Also when swapping between playable units.

Issue with throwing objects when in burst fire mode. Was using evo in burst.

Also RPG-42 sight ranges are way off, they are actually 75, 140, 160, 200, 250, 275, 300 for each red range marker. 400 and 500 are way down there but able to be judged using dirt marks on the sight.

Edited by Trauma.au

"This happened when I exited from splendid camera. Also when swapping between playable units."

confirm

Hey tmr, I'm still getting the same problem I described on page 44. I have a custom ratio settings if that helps.

My friend and I are getting a bug where firing any suppressed weapon for the first time in a mission causes a config bug and there is no recoil.

I think you might have forgotten to do the recoils for suppressed weapons.

Config bug when firing EBR suppressed from prone.

This happened when I exited from splendid camera. Also when swapping between playable units.

Issue with throwing objects when in burst fire mode. Was using evo in burst.

Also RPG-42 sight ranges are way off, they are actually 75, 140, 160, 200, 250, 275, 300 for each red range marker. 400 and 500 are way down there but able to be judged using dirt marks on the sight.

Thanks for this report. I knew there was something I forgot to do with the suppressor recoils. The splendid camera/switch issue is resolved by detecting when my optics layers have been rudely blanked and always redrawing. I have disabled my RPG-42 flight parameters until I can make a new reticle.

I have no idea what is causing the burst error message. Totally stumped. Will look into it soon.

Triple head is still not working I guess. I don't know why. Will look into it soon.

0.3.5 is released:

- Fixed: smallarms – Recoil for suppressed weapons.

- Fixed: rpg42 – revert to BI flight values for now.

- Fixed: optics – Re-draw after another script rudely erases them.

Known issues

——-

- Triple head is still not working. I am investigating. It really should be.

- You will get a mysterious error when you throw something in burst fire mode.

Thanks for this report. I knew there was something I forgot to do with the suppressor recoils. The splendid camera/switch issue is resolved by detecting when my optics layers have been rudely blanked and always redrawing. I have disabled my RPG-42 flight parameters until I can make a new reticle.

I have no idea what is causing the burst error message. Totally stumped. Will look into it soon.

Triple head is still not working I guess. I don't know why. Will look into it soon.

0.3.5 is released:

- Fixed: smallarms – Recoil for suppressed weapons.

- Fixed: rpg42 – revert to BI flight values for now.

- Fixed: optics – Re-draw after another script rudely erases them.

Known issues

——-

- Triple head is still not working. I am investigating. It really should be.

- You will get a mysterious error when you throw something in burst fire mode.

Damn...oh well I can wait. Keep the good work coming :D

Sorry if this one's been flagged before (I didn't search), but as of TMR version 0.3.4 I found an interesting situation while playing the PCML Guidance Scenario. If I throw my PCML on the ground and switch to my LMG, I can crouch and rest on the PCML... which is sort of fine, though the object looks a bit low to the ground for that to look like it should work. Where it goes odd is when I hit TAB to switch to hard rest, I can now aim all the way up to zenith of my view, turn 180 degrees, etc., and still not lose my hard resting status. I just now tried a few other scenarios and see that this works for other low-lying objects such as the weapons crate.

Edit: Actually, I don't even have to crouch. I can stand bolt-upright, look down at an object on the ground (PCML in this particular case), TAB to hard rest, and fire away with impunity in any direction.

Edited by JTenebrous

I've got a triple head, Tao. let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to try out with your mod (which my clan use all the time)

Three monitors. Displays, LCDs Screens.
Thanks, missed that one.

Yay!

Thx for fast fix and happy to help.

Cuz it's awesome.

Edited by Trauma.au

Thx for fast fix and happy to help.

Cuz it's awesome.

Ha, very neat. PM me the script for the flight path trail, maybe? I've thought that would be a useful debugging tool but I've been too lazy to make one.

So how do we use the PCML?

There's no visual or audible indication of a lock. Pressing Tab creates the bipod deployment sound for some strange reason. One time out of ten I was able to get that beautiful top-attack flight path and EFP explosion, but otherwise it behaves like vanilla (the explosion changes size too, oddly).

Furthermore, the mod keeps randomly switching me to switch back to rifle, even if a round is loaded. Auto switching to rifle after firing is especially serious, as it prevents me from observing the fall of the round, or locks me in place to be killed by the angry vehicle. (Does anyone else have this problem? I notice that when the TPW addon initialize, I always get switched to rifle. Are there any reports of conflicts?)

ACE's disposable system dropped the launcher automatically after it was fired. Just a suggestion.

Edit: I just found you youtube videos. It would be nice if the documentation was front and center in the readme or on your very thorough website.

I still have questions, though. How do I change modes like in the videos? F just switches weapons. Does the MPV variant have predicted LoS guidance and top attack? I haven't been able to get the AT variant to lead targets either.

Edited by maturin

Tab enables the PLOS, which is dependant on how steady and fast you are moving your aim.

So how do we use the PCML?

There's no visual or audible indication of a lock. Pressing Tab creates the bipod deployment sound for some strange reason.

Make sure to hold tab while following the target and until you fire the missile. Have you tried the training mission provided with the mod? It's followed by step-by-step explanations that are very helpful.

ACE's disposable system dropped the launcher automatically after it was fired. Just a suggestion.

This is a good idea.