Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

sounds good.. Swedish Forces Pack is at the cross road right now considering..

1) Make nothing special.. so its just addons

2) Make our own functions (which we already did, backblast, suicidebelts, weapon resting)

3) Adjust our mod to TMR and remove our functions, more or less make TMR a requirment

4) Take TMR ideas and implementate in our mod, so its "stand alone".. this is what I would prefer.

In theory, i guess nr 3 is awesome, since we could focus on swedish stuff and someone else focus on adding more realism, adjusting bis stuff.. but sooner or later it becomes like the alpha/beta phase in which you need to release updates and hot fixes not because you done anything wrong but the "background" (classnames, functions, variables) have changed.. so i prefer 4 or 2.

If I understand you correctly, you are ok with nr 4? In other words we might "steal" your guidance for the NLAW (with credits) without our models becomes GPL?

I'll PM you and we can talk about this. I encourage anyone looking at making mods compatible with TMR talk to me directly. I'm happy to support the effort.

This is awesome, I wonder if I could use this in conjunction with King of the Hill multiplayer? Or would it conflict and I get booted lol.

SOS is reconfigured. Because it's a fictional scope (AFAICT), I've given it the properties of the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x, which is one of the real options for mounting on the M200 Intervention .408 ("M320 LRR"). It has a Nightforce MLR illuminated SFP reticle.

FFP reticles will come later, but they're a low priority for me right now.

0.3.4 release soon.

aewhGH7.jpg

Are you doing something about the new Scopes (TWS etc.).

As of now the Weapons are not configured to use them (at least the MX).

Cheers loving what you're doing!

Any word on my question on the previous page?

Regarding how these mods don't seem to "stick" after loading a savegame. (bipods on machine guns don't work after loading a save, can't attach the bipod on weapons from the NATO & Spetsnaz pack)

Regarding how these mods don't seem to "stick" after loading a savegame. (bipods on machine guns don't work after loading a save, can't attach the bipod on weapons from the NATO & Spetsnaz pack)

Funny you should mention that pack, because through some magic (collaboration?) You don't need to attach a bipod to the LMGs (and the snipers, checked w/ M40) for them to have one. How is this? Are they part of a "class" or something that allows them to automatically have bipods?

The new recoil system is exactly what I was preaching in the Issue tracker and you nailed it pretty much. Some jittering seem to happen on the return to battery animation, might be an issue with how the animations work.

What I noticed was the sway pattern with bipod/solid support in the prone position. There should be no horizontal movement, only vertical is possible (with a proper stance). On a solid surface/support, horizontal movement is possible, but reduced.

I notice that the HAMR 4x scope reticle image takes a moment to load every time.

Could it be that the image needs to be optimized.

This mod is great, a must have for Arma 3.

Are you doing something about the new Scopes (TWS etc.).

As of now the Weapons are not configured to use them (at least the MX).

Cheers loving what you're doing!

I may eventually, but they're a low priority since they already have 2D reticles. They all seem to be fictional, too, so meh. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Seems like the key handler isn't being remembered for some reason. (I've heard that this is a problem for other mods as well.) Boy, it would be great if there were some documentation on how the save system works. (Maybe there is? Show me?) Anyway, this will be resolved in TMR 0.4 when custom keybinds are added.

Because of the engine's... implementation... of weapon attachment interfaces, mods have to explicitly add compatibility with TMR's accessory bipods on their weapons.

Funny you should mention that pack, because through some magic (collaboration?) You don't need to attach a bipod to the LMGs (and the snipers, checked w/ M40) for them to have one. How is this? Are they part of a "class" or something that allows them to automatically have bipods?

Default weapons which have bipods physically visible on them do not have to have a bipod attached. Other mods' weapons which inherit from those weapon classes will automatically have bipods attached to them. It's probably bad practice if they are inheriting from an unlike weapon, perhaps, but I'm glad it's working out!

The new recoil system is exactly what I was preaching in the Issue tracker and you nailed it pretty much. Some jittering seem to happen on the return to battery animation, might be an issue with how the animations work.

What I noticed was the sway pattern with bipod/solid support in the prone position. There should be no horizontal movement, only vertical is possible (with a proper stance). On a solid surface/support, horizontal movement is possible, but reduced.

The jitter is an engine issue. The entire recoil sequence becomes bizarre and jerky if your framerate is less than 60 fps. This is also quite visible with the default recoils, but less so since they just go up. I don't really have any insight into why, unfortunately, or I'd see if I could work around it.

The unusual sway in prone is because of the soldier's idle animations, which affect point of aim even though they definitely shouldn't. Due to ants in the pants of whoever BI motion-captured for the prone animations, he constantly wobbles around and shifts his point of aim. Even with the engine aim sway values set to 0, in prone you will still have a lot of erratic movement. I don't think I can fix this, though I'm still trying to determine if the idle animations can be turned off so the guy just lays there.

I notice that the HAMR 4x scope reticle image takes a moment to load every time.

Could it be that the image needs to be optimized.

This mod is great, a must have for Arma 3.

New optics system (unreleased) resolves this by greatly accelerating the detection of optics.

Taosenai,

Here's some feedback after a weekend of play :)

Extensive testings make me say I have the impression there's a tad too much vertical recoil with the MX rifles IMO. That's especially visible when engaging between 300 and 400 meters, succession of shots becomes a real challenge for the caliber I think.

In the same idea, is that a feature that the MX LSW's recoil with bipod deployed is only a bit less than when rested, and the vertical muzzle climb is unmanageable after 5 continuous shots ?

I don't have that issue with the 2 others belt-fed LMGs, as the muzzle climb is pretty much under control with the bipod...

Again, just my two cents :)

P.S : I tried to modelize my point of view with the following config :

tmr_smallarms_recoil_single_mx[] = {0, 0.014, 0.021+TMR_MC, 0.048+TMR_RSD, 0, 0, 0.079+TMR_RSD, 0, -0.0069+TMR_RCT, 0.135+TMR_RSD, 0, 0};

tmr_smallarms_recoil_auto_mx[] = {0, 0.014, 0.021+TMR_MC, 0.048+TMR_RSD, 0, 0, 0.079+TMR_RSD, 0, -0.0072+TMR_RCT, 0.135+TMR_RSD, 0, 0};

tmr_smallarms_recoil_single_prone_mx[] = {0, 0.014, 0.011+TMR_MC, 0.048+TMR_RSD, 0, 0, 0.079+TMR_RSD, 0, -0.0036+TMR_RCT, 0.135+TMR_RSD, 0, 0};

tmr_smallarms_recoil_auto_prone_mx[] = {0, 0.014, 0.011+TMR_MC, 0.048+TMR_RSD, 0, 0, 0.079+TMR_RSD, 0, -0.0038+TMR_RCT, 0.135+TMR_RSD, 0, 0};

I think that keeps the spirit of your setting, and it allows efficient group shots at nominal range :)

Edited by NikoTeen

Yeah that's true, it does work when first starting a mission or whatever.

For example i'm using the MK249 from the NATO / Russian pack. The bipod works great! This mod is a godsend in combination with those awesome machine guns.

However it's when loading the savegame that the bipod stops functioning.

Nice to hear it will be fixed in 0.4

We just gotta be patient :)

Tao, would you be kind enough to explain to me some basics abou modding, maybe by MP? When you have time and if you want to, obviously. I am particularly intereste in editing equipment names and a cuople of air HUD elements.

Thank you anyways! :D

Yay!

I cant deploy bipod with the WW AImenu mod :(
Are you sure you're not referring to the savegame bug?

If not, can anyone else confirm the issue?

Yay!

Are you sure you're not referring to the savegame bug?

If not, can anyone else confirm the issue?

Yay!

It is the save bug :)

Ok great, so it is not your mod conflicting. Need to know for the Mod Compatibility thread.

Yay!

SOS is reconfigured. Because it's a fictional scope (AFAICT), I've given it the properties of the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x, which is one of the real options for mounting on the M200 Intervention .408 ("M320 LRR"). It has a Nightforce MLR illuminated SFP reticle.

Sweet. NXS reticules make more sense. Nice job.

FFP reticles will come later, but they're a low priority for me right now.

0.3.4 release soon.

Sweet. I'm a FFP snob, so hopefully it comes "sooner" rather than later. Looking forward to the update.

Thank you very much for this great mod. It's certainly a must have, and I'll be using it constantly from now on.

It seems like the command bar is blocked by the 2D sight overlay, is it something you can fix and intend to?

So im guessing the save bug is when I load a game that I started before I installed a mod? If so I wasnt trying to load a saved game, I was trying out the TMR tutorial and it said press "undefined" to deploy bipod :(

I've found that most people who I have introduced to this mod didn't have their tab key bound to 'next target' which this mod uses to deploy bipod.

go to configure, controls, and filter for weapons. Find 'next target' and bind it to the tab key. Ensure to press ok twice, and that should fix it.

I've found that most people who I have introduced to this mod didn't have their tab key bound to 'next target' which this mod uses to deploy bipod.

go to configure, controls, and filter for weapons. Find 'next target' and bind it to the tab key. Ensure to press ok twice, and that should fix it.

OK thank you. Will try that now :D

EDIT: It worked :D Thank you.

Edited by ru55lee