Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

I'm really having trouble using the PCML properly. My missile always flies too high and lands further away from my target.

Weird thing is, it was fine when I first tried it in the PCML training. But after that, the missiles were just not hitting. What am I doing wrong..? :(

To close to the target for that mode?

I'm really having trouble using the PCML properly. My missile always flies too high and lands further away from my target.

Weird thing is, it was fine when I first tried it in the PCML training. But after that, the missiles were just not hitting. What am I doing wrong..? :(

I've had that problem before too. I found that the behavior was sporadic. Just a few questions:

1. What range were you using the PCML at?

2. Did it work fine in the training mission?

3. Does it function the same when looking down the scope vs using the on screen reticle?

The triple monitor issue is just a problem with how the scaling is being done. It should be resolved by using safeZoneXAbs and safeZoneWAbs in place of safeZoneX and safeZoneW.

In triple monitor setups the non "Abs" versions of these functions return the size of the middle monitor, not the entire display. This is useful for placing UI elements in the correct place, but will not scale "whole display" items (like the 2D scopes) correctly.

Is this something I can modify, or does the mod itself have to be fixed?

Is this something I can modify, or does the mod itself have to be fixed?

This needs to be corrected in the mod.

Great mod. Only problem is when I load it up you say click the enable button. That button is greyed out and also when I load it in the game I get nothing on my scope its just blank. Also what is the default binding to bipod your gun. It says undefined in the tutorial

Thanks

The triple monitor issue is just a problem with how the scaling is being done. It should be resolved by using safeZoneXAbs and safeZoneWAbs in place of safeZoneX and safeZoneW.

In triple monitor setups the non "Abs" versions of these functions return the size of the middle monitor, not the entire display. This is useful for placing UI elements in the correct place, but will not scale "whole display" items (like the 2D scopes) correctly.

The normal SafeZoneX and SafeZoneW commands return only the values for the center monitor, ignoring any side monitors, and so using them should be consistent across all setups for graphics only meant to draw on the center screen. TMR's current approach is correct.

Rather, the problem is that I use (getResolution select 4) to determine the aspect ratio of the screen in order to divide it into center, left, and right areas. This has to do with my (perhaps overcomplicated) system for drawing the scope. I can't remember why I took this approach, actually.

A workaround would be to detect if SafeZoneW is different from SafeZoneWAbs, divide SafeZoneWAbs by SafeZoneW to get the number of monitors (maybe?) and correct the aspect ratio based on that.

But, I want to see if I can simplify the drawing method before I do that.

I dunno much about all this mod stuff, but The mod "VTS simple weapon resting" seems to have the bipod sway issues sorted out pretty well. I actually have the weapon sway module for TMR disabled and just use VTS for my bipod needs
I dunno much about all this mod stuff, but The mod "VTS simple weapon resting" seems to have the bipod sway issues sorted out pretty well. I actually have the weapon sway module for TMR disabled and just use VTS for my bipod needs

TMR uses the exact same method to reduce sway as VTS and as ACE 2. In fact, TMR's prone bipod deployed sway is more stable than VTS (simply because I chose a lower number than they did).

I've had that problem before too. I found that the behavior was sporadic. Just a few questions:

1. What range were you using the PCML at?

2. Did it work fine in the training mission?

3. Does it function the same when looking down the scope vs using the on screen reticle?

I have tested the PCML until the ends of the earth and I think its behavior is pretty consistent, but here are some possibilities and clarifications.

1) The PCML (NLAW) missile is always supposed to fly over the target and hitting the target is considered a bad attack. It is an overflight top attack profile missile.

2) Is your frame rate very low? The top-attack sensor checks roughly each frame to see if it has a target. There is special code in it to compensate for script lag and for low frame rates by projecting all future possible interceptions based on vectors and stuff, but if your FPS is really abominable, it's possible that the missle will harmlessly fly over without firing its warhead.

Great mod. Only problem is when I load it up you say click the enable button. That button is greyed out and also when I load it in the game I get nothing on my scope its just blank. Also what is the default binding to bipod your gun. It says undefined in the tutorial

Thanks

If you're specifying mods via command line switch, you can't use the in-game Expansions interface and the buttons will be grayed out.

Need more details about the optics not showing. Are other TMR features working?

Default binding is your "Next Target" key. It used to be Tab, but I think BI randomly decided to make it "T" now.

I've disabled the optics module and still have the squashed sights. Is there another module as well?

Hello Taosenai.

Just a quick note from my milsim community. We played few missions with your Addon and we like it, we like it alot. One complain that I heard was about not enough strong recoil for MK200 6.5mm LMGs - standing pose, crouch. I know that your addon is open source and we're going to adjust that. I just want to let you know.

So interesting fact. For some reason if you enable and disable mods through the expansion menu, when you disable the mod it still is running for some reason. I had to physically delete the optics module to have it stop running.

Oh really? That explains why both the optics mod, and the disposable launcher mod continue to be functional despite having disabled them.

So interesting fact. For some reason if you enable and disable mods through the expansion menu, when you disable the mod it still is running for some reason. I had to physically delete the optics module to have it stop running.

I just tried it and works fine for me. I assume you restarted the game when it said to?

if you launch a mod "IN GAME", threw the menu, it gets put into your arma3.cfg in your documents folder... you have to do and delete the entry for the mod at the bottom of the file..

Does that mean that every time i run the game with no mods it is actually running any mod i have ever run previously? If so that is a MAJOR issue, even more so for those that haven't read this thread and don't know

Initial testing was good, will test more as my day progresses and my Yankee-friends manage to drag them out of their beds for more fun&games.

I never had this issue... I'll test as soon as i get my gaming rig back on the Internet, but still.

Yay!

Options are still greyed out for me no matter what. I extract @TMR to my main directory of arma 3 and it doesnt even show up under expansions. I even deleted arma3.cfg and it doesnt matter. WHat do?

Options are still greyed out for me no matter what. I extract @TMR to my main directory of arma 3 and it doesnt even show up under expansions. I even deleted arma3.cfg and it doesnt matter. WHat do?

Are you using a launcher? Using a overrides the expansions menu so the mods need to be setup in the launcher.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

if you launch a mod "IN GAME", threw the menu, it gets put into your arma3.cfg in your documents folder... you have to do and delete the entry for the mod at the bottom of the file..

Just checked it again. Using the in-game expansion menu it enables and disables my mods and associated functionality just fine. My arma3.cfg reflects what I add or remove without any manual intervention.

thx glad you dont have that problem , i wouldnt have said it if i didnt experience it myself........

I don't know what to do then. I got it to work through launching it per steam launcher, but I have other mods I use and steam does not allow lots of characters so I have to use a launcher. This won't work for me then :(

EDIT: Well I did get it to work with all my mods. I have to set them up in the arma3.cfg though. All in all great mod!

Are you using a launcher? Using a overrides the expansions menu so the mods need to be setup in the launcher.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Just checked it again. Using the in-game expansion menu it enables and disables my mods and associated functionality just fine. My arma3.cfg reflects what I add or remove without any manual intervention.[/

Edited by natethegreat

thx glad you dont have that problem , i wouldnt have said it if i didnt experience it myself........

I know. Just pointing out that it isn't everyone :-) For troubleshooting I would check:

1. Armas RPT file for errors. (if ARMA is having a problem it should go in here)

2. The Windows System and Application event logs. (if Windows is having some problem a msgs should go in here)

If there is an error writing to the file it should be in one of those. Theoretically.

If you change a profile setting does that save ok?

I can't find a ticket for it so if you can't find a problem at your end it might be worth creating one!

Well I thought it was working. I got the enable options for all the TMR mods. Enabled them and it asked for a restart. Restarted the game and nothing works it seems, but the bipod. I get blank optics when this is enabled. Even disabling the optics still gives me blank optics. UGGHH!!!!

I just tried it and works fine for me. I assume you restarted the game when it said to?

Multiple restarts

Hello Taosenai.

Just a quick note from my milsim community. We played few missions with your Addon and we like it, we like it alot. One complain that I heard was about not enough strong recoil for MK200 6.5mm LMGs - standing pose, crouch. I know that your addon is open source and we're going to adjust that. I just want to let you know.

All recoils are due for another pass. I'm still determining exactly what 'feels' right, but right now they are too low. I have some ideas.

However, presuppositions about the Mk200 are not perhaps right. The Mk200 is a 6.5mm version of the KAC LMG, itself a derivative of the Stoner LMG. You can see exactly how little muzzle climb there is: Stoner himself can control it on full auto without shouldering it. 6.5x39mm has more recoil than 5.56mm, but not much -- I have personally fired it. It just feels like snappy 5.56mm. About the same as Mk262-type loads, actually. But, anyway, the climb is too low right now in TMR.

A note for everyone having weird issues with TMR living forever; when I say 'disable a module,' I mean to literally move the PBO out of @TMR\Addons. I'm not sure that using the in-game menu will work except for turning the whole thing on and off.

Edited by Taosenai