Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

I would like a system that did/provided both ;)

Indeed. I'll see what I can do.

@Taosenai,

After updating to the 0.3 version, the save and scope lost bug indeed has gone, but the scopshadow lost effect.

Can you show me what you mean?

Hi Taosenai ! :)

Gr8 job on 0.3 release :) Loving it, however the problem with optics texture appearing a little later than shadowed area around optic is still there. Have You tried to fix it? :)

It is drawing essentially as fast as possible with the method I'm using. After the scope comes up there's a little bit of time before the engine tells scripts that it's in the gunner view, then a little bit more time before the graphics are drawn. I've thought of some tricks but... they're tricks. It's still being thought about.

Cannot get the bipod to deploy at all... the 'tab' key doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me what key I need to bind it to? and where it is located.. I can't find a 'Lock target' command anywhere.

Also keep getting an error sign every time I start the game that addon 'JSRS2_200' is missing?

I've downloaded the mod plus CBA and the JSRS requirement and installed and activated all components, but still keep getting this error... any ideas chaps?

The mod by the way is a great idea, and I hope these small problems get ironed out :)

@Taosenai,

What I mean is there should be a async anims of shaking between inner scope and outer scope with each firing due to recoil, such feature could make 2D scope looks like a 3D scope. But the 0.3 version does't work it well, just occasionally does, not each fire.

This is unfortunately due to an engine limitation. The 'resting' icon only lowers recoil. The reason is that sway is a property of your animation stance, so the only way to adjust it is to change the player's animation. This results in a screen jerk and interrupted movement -- clearly not acceptable for something that dynamically applies like the resting. (Such a system is used with the bipod.) I'm tentatively considering adding the ability to deploy weapons on objects even without a bipod, though the sway and recoil control would not be as rock solid as it is with a bipod.

This sounds like a reasonable compromise. Even without a bipod, you can still jam a VFG/AFG or hand stop into a barrier and use it as a stabilizing resting point. You can even do this with a bipod.

Downloading your latest to go mess around...

Would be great if we actually got some feedback from BIS as to why they haven't incorporated any kind of weapon resting/bipod in the game and, especially, when they'll implement it (or if).

This is unfortunately due to an engine limitation. The 'resting' icon only lowers recoil. The reason is that sway is a property of your animation stance, so the only way to adjust it is to change the player's animation. This results in a screen jerk and interrupted movement -- clearly not acceptable for something that dynamically applies like the resting. (Such a system is used with the bipod.) I'm tentatively considering adding the ability to deploy weapons on objects even without a bipod, though the sway and recoil control would not be as rock solid as it is with a bipod.

You can stop the 'jerk' by using playmove instead of switchmove, but from my testing playmove will stop the player from moving - usually because the transitions are removed. I've been working on this issue myself.

Great release Tao congrats. As a feature request, can u add the same blur effect that is on scopes, on NVG? I just hate that black borders they have on now.

Great release Tao congrats. As a feature request, can u add the same blur effect that is on scopes, on NVG? I just hate that black borders they have on now.

But that's pretty much how it works. You could make it so that there's a vague darker area around the borders to simulate binocular vision, but the 2.5D-style isn't really realistic.

My plan to is to replace the default AT loadout with a MAAWS-style reloadable weapon for BLUFOR. This will resolve most of these situations. It's going to take some time though. In the meantime, simply disable the tmr_disposable module if you are playing missions designed around having 3 PCML launches available.

Also, on trademarks, in the United States the Supreme Court has ruled that video games are protected as free speech and like other forms of media can use trademarked names and product depictions without licensing so long as it does not suggest that the game was made by the trademark owner. Copyright does not apply to so-called useful inventions, like rifles, tanks, and airplanes (patents serve for that).

Personally I think the companies can go pound salt, but BI's position is wisely careful. EA can afford to fight a battle with Textron/Bell over this issue (EA v Textron, District Court of Northern California). BI just can't.

Thank you for the explanation: I really hope to see real weapon and vehicles names in ArmA III sooner or later, then, since BI would have nothing to do with Mods content.

Yay!

@Taosenai,

What I mean is there should be a async anims of shaking between inner scope and outer scope with each firing due to recoil, such feature could make 2D scope looks like a 3D scope. But the 0.3 version does't work it well, just occasionally does, not each fire.

Oh, good idea. I think I implemented this in the past but it got bumped out due to some changes in how I animated the recoil. I'll see about adding it back in.

You can stop the 'jerk' by using playmove instead of switchmove, but from my testing playmove will stop the player from moving - usually because the transitions are removed. I've been working on this issue myself.

Oh, that's interesting to know. I'll see what kind of effect I can get.

But that's pretty much how it works. You could make it so that there's a vague darker area around the borders to simulate binocular vision, but the 2.5D-style isn't really realistic.

My understanding, having no personal experience, is that looking through binocular NVGs is quite similar to looking through regular binoculars -- i.e., what you get is a nice round image, not two circles of vision overlapping (which is how it is currently drawn in the game). I'd like to fix that.

Thank you for the explanation: I really hope to see real weapon and vehicles names in ArmA III sooner or later, then, since BI would have nothing to do with Mods content.

Yay!

Companies wishing to take legal action will certainly have to send me the weapons and vehicles in question, so that I can examine them for comparability... :cool:

Companies wishing to take legal action will certainly have to send me the weapons and vehicles in question, so that I can examine them for comparability...

Lol, indeed. And those would be non-returnable, as the comparability testing may be destructive in nature.

Been a short bit since I tested this out. Was a great experience today though. Also very nice to see the interaction here in the thread and the direction things are going general. The naming of vehicles currently in-game is well..

FPDR (for me personally anyway..) So that will be a very welcome feature.

Excellent work so far, looking forward to utilizing this on a daily basis. And will certainly be looking a lot closer at things going forward.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/

Tao, I´ve got this bug to show you (TMR .3) -> while using the TITAN, the 2D scope overlays the TITAN aim interface (as you can see on the ss, the RCO I had attached to my rifle is interfering with the TITAN sight), hasn´t tested with RPG-42, but it seems all TMR 2D scopes may interfere like this...

If I detach the scope, the TITAN screen is just clean, but everytime I grab a gun with RCO, MRCO etc, this happens!

;2496053']http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/

Tao' date=' I´ve got this bug to show you (TMR .3) -> while using the TITAN, the 2D scope overlays the TITAN aim interface (as you can see on the ss, the RCO I had attached to my rifle is interfering with the TITAN sight), hasn´t tested with RPG-42, but it seems all TMR 2D scopes may interfere like this...

If I detach the scope, the TITAN screen is just clean, but everytime I grab a gun with RCO, MRCO etc, this happens![/quote']

----I met the same bug. So I switch back to 0.2 version optics, though there is a save and miss bug, but it doesn't interfer with other optics, and keeps the scope shade effect. Let's wait Mr.Tao's next update to fix all the problem.

I am getting a weird bug were I have the RCO scope graphics on Titan launcher scope. This happened only after loading a save game after restarting the game. Any ideas why?

Edit: didn't notice that others reported the same but.

Having tried monocular NVGs and played Black Shark, I'll admit that I guessed that one, sorry.

Here's a video I found kinda demonstrating what I meant, though I don't know how well this resembles real life.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Having tried monocular NVGs and played Black Shark, I'll admit that I guessed that one, sorry.

Here's a video I found kinda demonstrating what I meant, though I don't know how well this resembles real life.

An effect like this is perfect. The way it is in the game is just too restrictive.

;2496053']http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/screenshots/

Tao' date=' I´ve got this bug to show you (TMR .3) -> while using the TITAN, the 2D scope overlays the TITAN aim interface (as you can see on the ss, the RCO I had attached to my rifle is interfering with the TITAN sight), hasn´t tested with RPG-42, but it seems all TMR 2D scopes may interfere like this...

If I detach the scope, the TITAN screen is just clean, but everytime I grab a gun with RCO, MRCO etc, this happens![/quote']

Sorry I missed these posts. Confirmed. I will fix this bug and release 0.3.1 soon.

Regarding the NVG's, it would be awesome to have a different (much less restricted) version for use in aircraft. I remember hanging around the guys at the 160th and looking through their goggles (decade plus ago), and they were infinitely better than what we had as the grunts. Which makes sense. The overall major difference was indeed the field of view though. While we had the mono tunnel of doom, those guys had amazing peripheral view. In a very oval shaped viewing area. Which is pretty well represented in DCS stuff. So I would say it is a fair reference. At least from my experiences.

Also as an FO, I used a few different optics over the years, and while in theory you should see a fairly round image. This was often not the case. At least for me, but then again I have a fairly narrow head. So adjusting the optical device to give me that clean round picture was usually a 'meh' kind of thing. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, Hatchet. I'll keep this in mind. It does make sense to have differing overlays for aircraft NVGs vs. infantry.

Also:

0.3.1 is released, adding a requested feature and fixing a big bad bug.

<h4>0.3.1 Changelog</h4>

- Fixed: tmr_optics - Optics no longer display when using a launcher or pistol.

- Fixed: Resolve some rpt errors.

- Added: tmr_autorest - You can now 'hard rest' weapons by pressing the bipod key (Next Target) when the rested icon is displayed, even without a bipod. This is not as stable as using a bipod, nor does it provide as much recoil control.

With the addition of this, I'll be taking another look at muzzle climb values --they're feeling a bit too low with so many ways to mitigate it. I have a few ideas.

Hello again, Thanks for the new update, loving the hard rest feature!

Unfortunately the conflict with WW AI menu still exists, TMR does not function with WWAI enabled.

Also if I may ask a question with regards to the sway reduction.

In Arma 2, ACE's resting implementation stabilized aiming substantially, removing sway almost entirely. This was far more in line with my experiences of used bipods on long arms.

In TMR once tge bipod is placed the sway is momentarily reduced and than the reticle shakes violently and becomes very jittery. Then after a few seconds the wide sway starts again. Is this the desired behaviour?

It also seems there is some mod conflict whereupon the resting icon works, but the sway mitigation is completely removed. I tested the above described behaviour with no other mods installed too.

Looking forward to the next updates and thanks again!

Hello again, Thanks for the new update, loving the hard rest feature!

Unfortunately the conflict with WW AI menu still exists, TMR does not function with WWAI enabled.

Also if I may ask a question with regards to the sway reduction.

In Arma 2, ACE's resting implementation stabilized aiming substantially, removing sway almost entirely. This was far more in line with my experiences of used bipods on long arms.

In TMR once tge bipod is placed the sway is momentarily reduced and than the reticle shakes violently and becomes very jittery. Then after a few seconds the wide sway starts again. Is this the desired behaviour?

It also seems there is some mod conflict whereupon the resting icon works, but the sway mitigation is completely removed. I tested the above described behaviour with no other mods installed too.

Looking forward to the next updates and thanks again!

Are you sure about that? I fixed the bug in the latest release. It should be playing nice with other mods from what I have tested.

Regarding the NVG's, it would be awesome to have a different (much less restricted) version for use in aircraft. I remember hanging around the guys at the 160th and looking through their goggles (decade plus ago), and they were infinitely better than what we had as the grunts. Which makes sense. The overall major difference was indeed the field of view though. While we had the mono tunnel of doom, those guys had amazing peripheral view. In a very oval shaped viewing area. Which is pretty well represented in DCS stuff. So I would say it is a fair reference. At least from my experiences.

Also as an FO, I used a few different optics over the years, and while in theory you should see a fairly round image. This was often not the case. At least for me, but then again I have a fairly narrow head. So adjusting the optical device to give me that clean round picture was usually a 'meh' kind of thing. :rolleyes:

Are you sure the 160th's goggles were adjusted properly for you? 10 years ago they were using the same stuff I was using 10 years ago and use now (AN/AVS-9), and they're designed to be worn so that you see a circle with a FOV of 40 degrees. You can adjust them so that you get an oblong FOV, but you will have a monsterous headache within an hour due to eyestrain. One reason it may have seemed like it gave you more SA is because the -9s are Gen 3 and much clearer in any given light than the -6s, which reacted much slower.

Other than the oblong FOV (which I can deal with due to the constraints of how we see games on monitors), the DCS videos that always get posted are about as close to how it really is. Something either Tao or I bring up and then agree it hasn't been feasible in the Arma/OFP game engines.

Are you sure about that? I fixed the bug in the latest release. It should be playing nice with other mods from what I have tested.

I am afraid so, just tested with only CBA, TMR and WW AImenu (latest versions) and while the rest icon appears the key for the bipod does not work.

Thanks for the menu by the way, it's a must have:D