Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

I tested in several single player missions -- load the mission, run around, shoot some stuff, save, exit, resume from menu -- and it always reappeared for me in 0.3test3. I am using the dev build, though I'm not sure that's relevant. Can you describe exactly what you are doing?

All I can say is that I love every detail of TMR .Mostly for me though its the recoils,sway,look of the scopes and the feel of them are excellent and what I really appreciate!Some things I find are

Cant get the bipod to deploy when using the MXSW etc.I press TAB and nothing happens.

The binocular sway mod was much needed but I feel standing needs a touch more stability as it sways a bit much still.

Pls check the image in my steam screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173941738

I'm not sure what could be causing that at all... I checked with a dev at BI however and currently they don't want the community to hex-edit their models, which is how I changed the reticle when in 1x mode. So it will use the normal MRCO model in 0.3, which should resolve this issue.

It's too bad but on the other hand I'm glad they won't let me get away with flagrant copyright violation~ :cool:

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

All I can say is that I love every detail of TMR .Mostly for me though its the recoils,sway,look of the scopes and the feel of them are excellent and what I really appreciate!Some things I find are

Cant get the bipod to deploy when using the MXSW etc.I press TAB and nothing happens.

The binocular sway mod was much needed but I feel standing needs a touch more stability as it sways a bit much still.

Thanks! I fixed the bipod issue internally and it will be in the final release. I'll take another look at the binoculars. Using high-magnification binoculars while standing is pretty wobbly in real life and I tried to reflect that, but I think kneeling and prone are pretty good in TMR 0.3test3.

I tested in several single player missions -- load the mission, run around, shoot some stuff, save, exit, resume from menu -- and it always reappeared for me in 0.3test3. I am using the dev build, though I'm not sure that's relevant. Can you describe exactly what you are doing?

I tested it again and it works. I am not sure if it was a bug or simply a fluke. I will let you know if it happened again and will try to observe how it happens.

Perhaps it was a save game from a mission before you updated TMR? You know, I wonder how the saving process works regarding scripts works... that's pretty arcane.

Perhaps it was a save game from a mission before you updated TMR? You know, I wonder how the saving process works regarding scripts works... that's pretty arcane.

No it was a restarted mission. Should have been fine.

Scripts saving works on anything that doesn't have disableSerialization on it. As long as the mod is loaded, it will run from the saved scripts regardless of the changed files unless it depended on an asset. That caused me a lot of grieving before I discovered that lol. It's not how you would expect a script to run at all.

Loving the mod so far.

I am experiencing 1 issue though. Perhaps the mod is not intended to work with AI but I use the mod for weapon resting in SP. Basically any AI with a PCML will have no ammo on mission start. I can't remember but I think I also tried getting the AI to add a missile from an ammo box for the PCML and it wouldn't go into their inventory.

Makes it hard when you rely on AI having AT for your fireteam!!

I tested this by enabling only this mod with the same mission. Without mod, PCML works fine for AI and they have ammo for it and able to use it.

Loving the mod so far.

I am experiencing 1 issue though. Perhaps the mod is not intended to work with AI but I use the mod for weapon resting in SP. Basically any AI with a PCML will have no ammo on mission start. I can't remember but I think I also tried getting the AI to add a missile from an ammo box for the PCML and it wouldn't go into their inventory.

Makes it hard when you rely on AI having AT for your fireteam!!

I tested this by enabling only this mod with the same mission. Without mod, PCML works fine for AI and they have ammo for it and able to use it.

TMR is meant to work in all environments. Have you checked if they actually have no ammo for their PCML? The AI will report to you "No ammo," but in fact the missile is already loaded in the tube, and they will engage armor with it. Since the PCML (NLAW) is a single-shot weapon, they can't reload. I will have them drop the tube after firing in a later release.

TMR is meant to work in all environments. Have you checked if they actually have no ammo for their PCML? The AI will report to you "No ammo," but in fact the missile is already loaded in the tube, and they will engage armor with it. Since the PCML (NLAW) is a single-shot weapon, they can't reload. I will have them drop the tube after firing in a later release.

Yes, looked at their inventory and no ammo. I wasn't able to make them take ammo either. They don't engage any armor targets. From what I remembered this happened in 3 different missions.

If I have time I will try creating a simple mission in the editor and see if I can reproduce it.

As for reporting no ammo I think that occurs in Vanilla Arma3 so must be a general bug.

Hi, Taosenai. I tested last 0.3 but unfortunatly I have the blank 2D reticle some other users has too... only shade with clear center circle :/

Can't wait for final release, keep up the magic :)

So I decided to test out your 0.3test3 version. It's really good: the optics work really well (I like how the MRCO and HAMR light up at night) and the weapon resting and recoil is very well made. However, I did notice two major (actually the only) issues:

-Bipods don't work (I notice that you say you've fixed it, that's great)

-The PLOS system also doesn't work (it could be related, seeing as they're both mapped on TAB)

I hope that you find a fix for this and continue to improve this mod. It really enhances the experience.

-Bipods don't work (I notice that you say you've fixed it, that's great)

-The PLOS system also doesn't work (it could be related, seeing as they're both mapped on TAB)

Have you bound the Next Target/'lock on' action to a different key? The scripts use whatever is bound as the Next Target key rather than [TAB] specifically.

Hi, Taosenai. I tested last 0.3 but unfortunatly I have the blank 2D reticle some other users has too... only shade with clear center circle :/

Can't wait for final release, keep up the magic :)

Me too. But thank you so much,I think your mod concept and execution is great!

PD: Development build.

Edited by Down8

They worked pretty well for me, attacked with the PCML any armour. Obviously they onle have one shot now (which is correct), but it does break up some missions where there are only missiles and not enough tubes to go with them (and the mission maker placed too much armour). I don't know if tmr_u_loadouts.pbo could add more tubes to AT crates and vehicles in a way ASR_Appendix did ACE compatibility for non-ACE missions, although that would probably introduce other problems. So now I just play with tmr_disposable.pbo disabled. I can't think of a foolproof way of ensuring full compatibility with some missions, unless BIS gives us real disposable launchers (which sadly is not the case).

One way could be to look how ACE did disposables internally in A2/OA - you only have the tube, with no missile/rocket in inventory, but you still have to "reload" the tube before firing - this simply prepares the launcher for use (and is quite realistic - folding out the sights, charging the batteries, cooling the sensor in Javelin, etc). That way some future tmr_u_loadouts_disposables.pbo could possibly replace all PCML missiles with single-use tubes and the total amount wouldn't change (apart from increased loadout of the soldier if the mission maker was foolish enough to put 3-4 missiles in the unit's backpack).

Anyway, enjoying your mod a lot!

I have a question about the reticles though - which are compatible with which weapons? Last night seemed to me that ABR with the 4x sight the ranges were pretty off. Didn't test enough though.

Isn't the last build 0.3test3 supposed to work with dev builds, by the way ?

Because I'm on dev build, if that helps... :) (I've tested with no addons, only TMR and no luck)

I definitely still lose my reticle on loading from save. It happens randomly. Sometimes it loads fine, sometimes it just doesn't. I am guessing it has to do with it detecting load?

0.3test3 is made for dev build.

I am away from my development computer for the long weekend, but for those of you who do not see a scope, only a dark circle, please give me information: dev build or not, screen resolution, which optic, what mission, have you tried it in the editor? I will try to figure out what is causing the problem.

I will continue working on the save game issue. What mission is it happening in?

I am using the dev build. 1080i resolution. It usually happens when I play dynamic war mission, mostly because its long I think. It works on the editor as far as I can tell.

I am away from my development computer for the long weekend, but for those of you who do not see a scope, only a dark circle, please give me information: dev build or not, screen resolution, which optic, what mission, have you tried it in the editor? I will try to figure out what is causing the problem.

I will continue working on the save game issue. What mission is it happening in?

Dev build, 1080p, all optics :(, all missions :(, editor NOK :(

I tried with only your mod and CBA (I wonder if CBA released a more up to date version that could be the cause like in the past...)

Have you bound the Next Target/'lock on' action to a different key? The scripts use whatever is bound as the Next Target key rather than [TAB] specifically.

TAB is my Next Target key. Lock on is T but I've tried that one too.

Hi, someone i play with thought it might be FOV related, could it be the case ?

Hi, someone i play with thought it might be FOV related, could it be the case ?

Oh how interesting, I use a custom FOV !

This is the only possible way to explain why it doesn't work with my "vanilla" settings.

I will try later today to confirm.

Thank you:)

Yes, looked at their inventory and no ammo. I wasn't able to make them take ammo either. They don't engage any armor targets. From what I remembered this happened in 3 different missions.

If I have time I will try creating a simple mission in the editor and see if I can reproduce it.

Ok, so I've tried this in Vanilla Arma3 in the editor and all looks GOOD. That is, I could not reproduce my problem. Must be something mission related or something conflicting.

Could it be that the AI fired the launcher once and because it is single use I can't get them to pickup another missile and load it? That MIGHT have happened in the one mission I was thinking of. If this is the case perhaps the AI should discard the tube once fired if that is easy enough to do.

I can also confirm this issue; latest dev build, scope reticules disappear after load. 1920x1080 HD, ARCO Optics missing (No custom FOV add-ons used) - SOS Optics still functioned normally, Kibot's Dynamic War, seems to happen mainly during load games.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Edit