Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Added back. Something weird happened with my host which kept me from finishing the FTP transfer.

Will try it out with latest dev branch and report back to you

---------- Post added at 03:34 ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 ----------

With the new 2D MRCO and RCO optics the rounds are hitting about 2 1/2 mils to the right.

Can't duplicate -- I'm using the latest dev build and verified the bullet flight path to be dead on with a bullet cam. What weapon system are you using? Do you have any other mods enabled?

Can't duplicate -- I'm using the latest dev build and verified the bullet flight path to be dead on with a bullet cam. What weapon system are you using? Do you have any other mods enabled?

JSRS with the TMR compatibility pack, Bad Bensons mid range texture and CBA, That's it.

Screenshot of what I'm getting.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1119430942880158348/D3FC49270E8BC874094F67112A29C777606B0425/

Okay, got it. Definitely a problem with how the overlay is being drawn. What is your resolution, interface size, and aspect ratio? Thanks!

I can confirm this behavior with the HAMR, ARCO and MRCO, on the Katiba, MX and Mk20. The sight appears to be misaligned in such a way that it is point a few mils to the left.

I included an album to better explain

http://imgur.com/a/Sj9mf

I'm running TMR, CBA, JSRS, Your folding map and a few reskins: Nothing that should effect your mod.

EDIT:

1920x1080 Resolution,

16:9 - Wide resolution,

small interface size.

I have found the problem and am resolving it. Thanks for the reports.

I have found the problem and am resolving it. Thanks for the reports.

np, I like to help out when I can.

Also if it helps, 1920x1080, Small interface size and 16:9 aspect ratio.

I'm having the same problem with regard to the rounds hitting right of the prescribed hit point indicated on the your new overlay optics. Here is a photo for you convenience.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173835933

As you can see the whole graphic is off center.

Resolution 1920x1080

interface size small

aspect ratio 16:9

my 3d sampling is also at 100%

Though I will say I was skeptical about the optics, this preview is great. I am loving the optics!

Awesome, great to see this update. Unfortunately, I'm getting an issue where its possible to rest any weapon on a bipod, regardless of whether it has one in the weapon, or has one attached (tested without any other addons).

Also, would it be possible to add an optional pbo that adds the bipod to the default list of attachable items? Not sure if it already is and it was a mod conflict, but doing so would allow it to be usable on any weapons that might be added by a different mod, without any need for separate compatibility configs.

Awesome, great to see this update. Unfortunately, I'm getting an issue where its possible to rest any weapon on a bipod, regardless of whether it has one in the weapon, or has one attached (tested without any other addons).

Also, would it be possible to add an optional pbo that adds the bipod to the default list of attachable items? Not sure if it already is and it was a mod conflict, but doing so would allow it to be usable on any weapons that might be added by a different mod, without any need for separate compatibility configs.

Thanks for the report. First issue confirmed and fixed. (Not hotfixed, it'll be in the final 0.3.)

As for the bipod item -- TMR does add it to the default list for rifles inheriting from Rifle_Base_F and to all the base Arma 3 rifle classes. However, due to the mod-unfriendly way in which the attachment system is implemented at the engine level, any other mod which adds something to the list for a slot on a weapon (or simply defines it rather than inheriting it) will cause TMR's config to be ignored or wiped out for that weapon. (Or, if TMR is loaded last, it will wipe out the mod's config for the base weapons.) So basically:

1) If you are using any mods that add attachments to the default weapons, they will overwrite the TMR config (or TMR will overwrite theirs) and only one will work.

and

2) If you are using mod-only weapons, TMR's bipod will not be an option for attachment on them.

As it stands the only solution to this is to create compatibility modules for TMR and each weapon pack and accessory pack. I can support some of them but not all of them, so it's always going to give the user an inconsistent experience, and I really hate that... I'll try to integrate some support without making a dedicated config module, but I don't know if it'll work out right.

There is a standing ticket for this situation with 629 votes: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766

It's one of the top tickets in the Feedback Tracker.

Edited by Taosenai
I've got simulation fever

I can confirm this behavior with the HAMR, ARCO and MRCO, on the Katiba, MX and Mk20. The sight appears to be misaligned in such a way that it is point a few mils to the left.

I included an album to better explain

http://imgur.com/a/Sj9mf

I'm running TMR, CBA, JSRS, Your folding map and a few reskins: Nothing that should effect your mod.

EDIT:

1920x1080 Resolution,

16:9 - Wide resolution,

small interface size.

Interesting ... could this have also affected the manual fire on a comanche? I noticed cannon rounds landing right of crosshairs.

Interesting ... could this have also affected the manual fire on a comanche? I noticed cannon rounds landing right of crosshairs.
From what I know, this has been a known bug for some weeks.

Anyway, great work Tao, downloading now! I'm also asking for permission to rename the @ folder and slightly edit the .cpp (to change the displayed name in the Extensions menu): I use a lot of Mods and keeping the original names makes quite a mess!

Oh, and just for the sake of curiosity: what is "Optics Non-free Module"?

Yay!

EDIT: Found a pretty serious bug: all new scopes do not work with savegames, both done before activating TMR 0.3 and after activating it. This is what you get:

http://i.imgur.com/qBu8o1K.jpg (235 kB)

Edited by Gliptal

It seems that I lose my reticle everytime I save then load a mission. The blurred effect is there, but then I lose the cross hair and all the info inside. This has happened to me using RCO and in mission Dynamic war. I am not sure if it exists for everything else or not.

It seems that I lose my reticle everytime I save then load a mission. The blurred effect is there, but then I lose the cross hair and all the info inside. This has happened to me using RCO and in mission Dynamic war. I am not sure if it exists for everything else or not.
Same problem I'm having. I hope it's not related to the savegames not storing custom GUI information, because if that is the issue, no solution was found yet and BIS doesn't seem interested in finding a fix.

Yay!

Also there seems to be a delay between the blurred/darkened background and the aiming sight texture appearing, they do not load at the same time after pressing the RMB button. Obviously a milisecond delay, however pretty hurts :P

Same problem I'm having. I hope it's not related to the savegames not storing custom GUI information, because if that is the issue, no solution was found yet and BIS doesn't seem interested in finding a fix.

Yay!

Ok you got me worried there. I love the new reticles, and I do hope Tao can fix it.

Try to erase temporary files in user/???/appdata/local/Arma 3

It worked for someone i know.

Negative, this was simply a graphical issue in tmr_optics.

From what I know, this has been a known bug for some weeks.

Anyway, great work Tao, downloading now! I'm also asking for permission to rename the @ folder and slightly edit the .cpp (to change the displayed name in the Extensions menu): I use a lot of Mods and keeping the original names makes quite a mess!

Oh, and just for the sake of curiosity: what is "Optics Non-free Module"?

Yay!

EDIT: Found a pretty serious bug: all new scopes do not work with savegames, both done before activating TMR 0.3 and after activating it. This is what you get:

http://i.imgur.com/qBu8o1K.jpg (235 kB)

You are free to edit (and even redistribute edited versions) any part of TMR not marked as 'nonfree.' It is GPL licensed. Rename and edit away!

Speaking of nonfree, the tmr_optics_nonfree module contains color-edited BIS textures, like the red dot on the ARCO. I can't include those under TMR's license since they are BI's, of course. That module is non-essential and can be removed. (For what it's worth, I'm not some 'open source crazy' who thinks all of A3 should be free software or something. I just think that scripters should be more open with their work on a complex and difficult to learn game engine like Arma 3, so that others can benefit and the modding community can expand. After all, anyone can de-PBO the addon and read your scripts. I'm happy to protect art assets other, more restrictive licenses.)

Yay!

Thanks to all who reported this issue with savegames and the optics. I have resolved it by properly checking if the display has been initialized even after the PVEH is running in the mission. Here's a hotfix for the test:

0.3test3 Changelog

- Fixed: Optics will now display across save game reloads.

- Fixed: Bipods can only be deployed if you have the bipod accessory equipped or the weapon has a built-in bipod.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/@tmr-0.3test3.zip

Could you link me the relevant feedback tracker bug? I think ensuring that the display is available before trying to draw to it is the responsibility of the script, not the engine. (Is the problem with mission-specific displays rather than mod-level displays?)

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Also there seems to be a delay between the blurred/darkened background and the aiming sight texture appearing, they do not load at the same time after pressing the RMB button. Obviously a milisecond delay, however pretty hurts :P

I'll work on this; after a second look I think my approach for detecting if the optics are up is unnecessarily inefficient.

It seems that now bipods aren't working at all. Looked at the script in tmr_autorest, on line 37 changing

if (_canDeployCfg != 1 || !_canDeployItem) exitwith {false};

to

if (_canDeployCfg != 1 && !_canDeployItem) exitwith {false};

seems to make it work perfectly. Love the new scopes, by the way!

@Taosenai,

I really like your new 2D optics, much better than original one.

I've found a bug about the MRCO optic, when use it as aimpoint, no matter what rifle, the barrel sight tower looks always white through it.

And by the way, could you make the effect: when tilt body(press Q or E), the optic cross lines should tilt too, but BIS never did this effect since OFP, the cross lines are always vertical no matter if your body is leaning or not.

Thanks Kaelies, I'll fix it for the release.

@Taosenai,

I really like your new 2D optics, much better than original one.

I've found a bug about the MRCO optic, when use it as aimpoint, no matter what rifle, the barrel sight tower looks always white through it.

And by the way, could you make the effect: when tilt body(press Q or E), the optic cross lines should tilt too, but BIS never did this effect since OFP, the cross lines are always vertical no matter if your body is leaning or not.

Can you post a screenshot of the issue you are having with the MRCO?

Also, no, I don't think it's possible to adjust 2D the sights based on the player's tilt. Would be nice though!

I still have the reticle disappearing on loading in bug with the last update. I thought the problem was solved?