Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Yes I did see that screen. I just understood his last comment in a way that made it necessary to ask the question;)

Thats said - I like the screen!

This should clear things up a bit. Note that that's an old version with a mock-up reticle.

This should clear things up a bit. Note that that's an old version with a mock-up reticle.

Great stuff Taosenai.I was never a fan of the new 3D sights and now I have exactly what I wanted!!:yay:

What should i do with user addons? I mean the users addon weapons have bipod in visually at game but didn't work.. only arma 3 official weapons work with bipod :(

New magnified scopes look awesome Tao, was reluctant about them at first but I think they have huge potential to be a great addon to the game.

Very nice work Taosenai and i agree with zoomed 3D scopes - they do more problems than old 2D , even the ranges in 3D scopes are very hard to do

Sorry Tao, I'm a bit confused as to what the changes are to suppressors? Apart from the damage/velocity alterations what is this about needing the right thread etc? What implications does that have in game?

I played a Vehicle showcase with this mod last night and I didn't spawn with the suppressor on the Katiba you normally start with...

What should i do with user addons? I mean the users addon weapons have bipod in visually at game but didn't work.. only arma 3 official weapons work with bipod :(

Support for the bipod has to be added to the weapon class -- it's as simple as one line. If you can tell me what weapon packs you'd like compatibility with, I will make a compatibility addon for them (and send it to the pack devs as well).

Sorry Tao, I'm a bit confused as to what the changes are to suppressors? Apart from the damage/velocity alterations what is this about needing the right thread etc? What implications does that have in game?

I played a Vehicle showcase with this mod last night and I didn't spawn with the suppressor on the Katiba you normally start with...

The main implication is that you can't unscrew the suppressor from the Katiba and then screw it onto your MX, as there's very little chance this would work out in 'real life' since suppressors have different threadings. E.g., you can't just pull a suppressor from an AK and screw it onto an M4, even if both were in the same caliber.

This may be an 'unfun' overreach and I'm willing to reconsider it. But something I don't particularly like is the 'weapon scavenging' that goes on now. "Oh, that dead bad guy has a magnified sight and a suppressor, I'll just take 'em and slap them on my rifle." In reality the suppressor isn't going to screw on and the sight is going to be totally inaccurate until you re-zero it for your rifle. Upgrading your weapon by killing bad guys is something that belongs in other games.

As you've observed my current implementation will cause an issue in missions where the suppressor is not part of your unit's loadout but is added in a script after the mission start. I find that very problematic and it's not a behavior I want. I will think carefully about this.

Could you attach light to tracers please ?

It's possible but the performance implications could be severe in large firefights. I'll look into it as a per-mission option, perhaps.

I like your thoughts regarding equipment savaging.

Would it be possible to have different zeroings for unique scopes so that you pull on a savaged scope your scope really is not zeroed right?

Greetz!

Thanks

I don't know if you were playing arma 2, it had BD tracers addon

If it can give you an idea.

Hello folks

I'm having some problems here. The mod seems to be working fine apart from not being able to rest the weapons or deploy bipods. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? MY tab key is assigned to the deploy feature.

Thanks

Edited by Kye

Try to press T with LMG

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

I really concern your kindness, but as my short experience in this forum, it seems that this forum doesn't like random anonymous to ask modder to do something.

of course my intention was there any kind of do something by do my self, not to make you bother

It's really cool that if you work for all for the users addon weapon that i request to you, but as i first said It's looks rude to ask you to do this.

But I really really concern your kindness :)

Does anyone know what real optic is represented by the MRCO? Removing the actual branding slipped past the texture guys at BI (or they had permission), so you can clearly see that is meant to be made by IOR Valdada and is a 1x/4x32 sight.

Valdada makes the 1/4x32 Pitbull sight: http://www.valdada.com/scopes/tactical-scopes/1-4x32-qr-ts-35mm-pitbull-compact-scope-w-cqb-illuminated-reticle

However, the knob configuration on it is somewhat different in Arma 3. Perhaps this was some artistic license. The Elcan isn't bit-for-bit right, either.

Just wanted to run this by people who might be more familiar with European optics before I do the tedious reticle work for it.

The main implication is that you can't unscrew the suppressor from the Katiba and then screw it onto your MX, as there's very little chance this would work out in 'real life' since suppressors have different threadings. E.g., you can't just pull a suppressor from an AK and screw it onto an M4, even if both were in the same caliber.

Tao, just something to consider... You can actually do this in real life, but each weapon has to have the same manufacturer's suppressor mount. For example, you can take a Surefire 7.62 can and put it on an AK-47, AK-74, SR-25, or M4 and it will work on all of them, but each weapon has to have the mount. The threading and pitch don't have anything to do with the suppressor itself, just the mount, which is already attached to the barrel.

Now, would the Bug People's Republic have Surefire (or AAC) mounts on all their weapons, just like NATO? Eh, probably not, so in that sense, you could have a point. Maybe ITAR is no longer in existence in 2035 and everyone is sporting SOCOM mounts.

Tao I must say: great work mate.

Any chance to see it on PwS?

Here's a teaser of what's planned for 0.3, the Reticle Update.

0.3 will include:

- Reworked ballistics values for 6.5mm and 5.56mm weapons, along with the real (yet made-up) load data

- Really nice, animated, illuminated, 2D reticles to replace the awful, inaccurate, weirdly-swaying sorta-3D reticles we have now

0.4, the Marksman Update, will include (planned):

- Wind affects bullets

- Adjustable elevation and windage on your optics (where appropriate) -- which is saved. Zero your optics exactly how you like them and TMR will remember across sessions

- Configurable keybindings for all TMR keys

And here's a little screenshot for those who, like me, can't stand the 3D scope view added to Arma 3.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/arco_reticle_ss.png (2208 kB)

That's a fully-calibrated reticle very, very carefully based on the SpecterDR 1-4x reticle.

Wow,very impressive! The wind inclussion is great.

I'm glad you are removing de 3D scopes. I don't like them, especially because of the dirt on them and difficulty to range the targets. I don't think is reallistic that the sights obscure the vision, and gameplay wise is more annoying than compelling.

Your 2D scope feels more convicing:

Go to 1:00

Edited by Down8

The JSRS Compatiblitly addon could use an explaination in its txt file.

Its hard to see wether this is a JSRS version which is altered to be used with TMR or its an addon for TMR that enables all versions of JSRS to run with TMR.

This kind of stuff is very important for accessibility.

Best regards!

Tao, just something to consider... You can actually do this in real life, but each weapon has to have the same manufacturer's suppressor mount. For example, you can take a Surefire 7.62 can and put it on an AK-47, AK-74, SR-25, or M4 and it will work on all of them, but each weapon has to have the mount. The threading and pitch don't have anything to do with the suppressor itself, just the mount, which is already attached to the barrel.

Now, would the Bug People's Republic have Surefire (or AAC) mounts on all their weapons, just like NATO? Eh, probably not, so in that sense, you could have a point. Maybe ITAR is no longer in existence in 2035 and everyone is sporting SOCOM mounts.

Definitely true. It's the thread/pitch of the mount I'm referring to, which as far as A3 is concerned is all part of one package. Certainly everyone could have had a big conference in 2025 and decided to standardize barrel/mount threadings and 6.5x39mm caseless chamberings (but not magazines, heh).

But here's the big problem from a technical Arma perspective that originally justified the separation of suppressors. What I found, and I'll double check this soon, is that the cyclic rate of any weapon with a suppressor attached is taken from the suppressor configs, NOT the weapon configs. That means that when you put a 6.5mm suppressor on your Katiba, its higher cylic rate is reduced to the level of the MX. We could say, well, your guy is also adjusting the gas system, and incidentally he lowers it to that same position, or something. (On a real rifle your cyclic rate is increased slightly by the added backpressure from the suppressor, unless you have adjustable gas.)

But the bigger problem comes if you want to add other weapons and use the built-in suppressors. Modding in an MP5? Well, when you slap on that default 9mm suppressor it's going to run at the same cyclic as the CZ Scorpion Evo. That's a difference of almost 300 round/min. That's a lot of extra pressure from your suppressor, heh.

So it's a difficult technical problem because of config limitations and the really rather odd decision to have suppressors have their own weapon configs internally, rather than simply using a quieter version of the base weapon. (You may recall that in early betas the suppressors would change the available fire modes of certain weapons. This is why.)

@Tao - yes that sight is Valdada Pitbull and this is true reticle http://usarmorment.com/images/14AD_MED_01.jpg

also BIS created the same reticle but is not used (it should be still in weapons_f_beta) - they use acog style like hamr/arco

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

The JSRS Compatiblitly addon could use an explaination in its txt file.

Its hard to see wether this is a JSRS version which is altered to be used with TMR or its an addon for TMR that enables all versions of JSRS to run with TMR.

This kind of stuff is very important for accessibility.

Best regards!

It is of course an addon for TMR -- I have no rights to modify or redistribute JSRS. You're right that the naming is confusing. I will change it to "JSRS Support for TMR."

----

Here's another look: the HAMR with a 6.5mm version of the Leupold CM-RW reticle.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/cmrw.png (1723 kB)

Should be just about mil-for-mil accurate, to the extent possible when dealing with pixels. I changed a few minor things. And of course the BDC and windage marks are for 6.5mm caseless (Grendel). The zero is at 300m on both the ARCO and the HAMR, per the usual for Grendel. To my knowledge no one has checked to see what is the ideal combat zero for the cartridge, but it's pretty flat out to 300... I think the max ris between 0 and 300 with a 300m zero is something like 1.2mil? Anyway that's the zero that Alexander Arms uses and what BI used, so it works for me. Grendel is quite flat-shooting anyway.

I have a pretty sophisticated system going for making accurate BDC/ranging reticles now (and I'm starting to enjoy it), so you may see the eventual inclusion of a few scopes with variant reticles. For example, the simpler CM-R2 reticle for the HAMR, or some of the various Specter reticles for the ARCO/SpecterDR. Or 5.56x45 reticles with appropriate BDCs. Long range scopes may eventually have a classic mildot style available as well as say, a Horus reticle (for frightening elite public server snipers into choosing another role, heh :cool:).

Edited by Taosenai

I like the new scopes, but I am concerned about the animation: will a sort of gradual zooming to the scope be played, or will the 2D scope instantly pop up?

Yay!

Definitely true. It's the thread/pitch of the mount I'm referring to, which as far as A3 is concerned is all part of one package. Certainly everyone could have had a big conference in 2025 and decided to standardize barrel/mount threadings and 6.5x39mm caseless chamberings (but not magazines, heh).

But here's the big problem from a technical Arma perspective that originally justified the separation of suppressors. What I found, and I'll double check this soon, is that the cyclic rate of any weapon with a suppressor attached is taken from the suppressor configs, NOT the weapon configs. That means that when you put a 6.5mm suppressor on your Katiba, its higher cylic rate is reduced to the level of the MX. We could say, well, your guy is also adjusting the gas system, and incidentally he lowers it to that same position, or something. (On a real rifle your cyclic rate is increased slightly by the added backpressure from the suppressor, unless you have adjustable gas.)

But the bigger problem comes if you want to add other weapons and use the built-in suppressors. Modding in an MP5? Well, when you slap on that default 9mm suppressor it's going to run at the same cyclic as the CZ Scorpion Evo. That's a difference of almost 300 round/min. That's a lot of extra pressure from your suppressor, heh.

So it's a difficult technical problem because of config limitations and the really rather odd decision to have suppressors have their own weapon configs internally, rather than simply using a quieter version of the base weapon. (You may recall that in early betas the suppressors would change the available fire modes of certain weapons. This is why.)

Interesting. Then I agree, that's definitely a reason to not have them interchange. Then again, I'm more interested in more contemporary weapons and not the weirdo named "future" weapons that seemed to be randomly issued to either side. "Hey, all of your team mates are shooting x caliber, so here's something in a completely different caliber from a different region of the world!" But I digress...

Should be just about mil-for-mil accurate, to the extent possible when dealing with pixels. I changed a few minor things. And of course the BDC and windage marks are for 6.5mm caseless (Grendel). The zero is at 300m on both the ARCO and the HAMR, per the usual for Grendel. To my knowledge no one has checked to see what is the ideal combat zero for the cartridge, but it's pretty flat out to 300... I think the max ris between 0 and 300 with a 300m zero is something like 1.2mil? Anyway that's the zero that Alexander Arms uses and what BI used, so it works for me. Grendel is quite flat-shooting anyway.

I have ZERO experience with the Grendel, but the little I've learned about the .260 and 6.5 Creedmoore, I believe the danger area goes out pretty far with a 300m zero. Somewhere out to ~500-ish meters maybe? I'm too lazy to go generate a profile on my phone in Shooter. Regardless, a 300m for the 6.5 should be plenty for fixed optics. 100m makes sense for adjustable ones (though if the game engine makes that difficult, 300m would work just fine).

Looking forward to your new reticules.

One thing I love about Arma 3's 3d scopes is the way sway works with them. It's very nice that it works the same with 3D and 2D scopes.

That said... who on earth thought making the 3D scope so dim, dirty and shit looking was a good idea. It ruins an otherwise brilliant idea.

One thing I love about Arma 3's 3d scopes is the way sway works with them. It's very nice that it works the same with 3D and 2D scopes.

That said... who on earth thought making the 3D scope so dim, dirty and shit looking was a good idea. It ruins an otherwise brilliant idea.

Wow,totally disagree with you on the sway as that made me the weapon feel of A3 off for me.Arma3 3D scopes have the scope swaying around on the screen but in real life the body sways while the scope stays pretty centered to the eye looking thru it.Then the dirty view making certain light conditions horrible to shoot in,shrunken reticule making using the reticule almost like a spray and pray and the lessened zoom all lead me to start using the SOS sniper scope everywhere.

New scopes are magical to me now.:yay::yay: