Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Another bug - when you respawn,you can't autorest weapon,as well as use of bipod.

I will look into this.

Well, Tao, to be fair, the default Zahir recoil is the lowest of the MGs anyway. The Mk 200 has a whole lot of recoil, and actually is pretty useless at ranges greater than 200m. I love this addon though. It's great. Weapons are much more controlled, yet there still is recoil on the weapons.

Incidentally, the Zafir and the Mk200 use the exact same recoil profile internally in default Arma 3. I think my Zafir actually recoils more than the default one.

Uploaded your server key to our server. Still getting kicked. Are you sure your sigs are v2?

No, they are not. 0.2.2 will fix this.

Well,I'll work with RPG's ballistics.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119427776429802953/8CE1FED9AB7826269E5AC54BECD72E6BA1A33CE4/

Real RPG32 have 160m direct fly range.Look into like this ballistics.Well,I can share it,but it won't work with new RPGs in Dev patch.

Also your RPGs are too slow IMO.They falling like that,thats they have a parachute :)

Another tweak I was created is separated Gunner and Pilot weapons for Mi48.Pretty easy to do.

Edited by samogon

I have not tested it on the dev branch, but I know the TMR RPG-42 is messed up. Based on BI's roadmap, when they release the final patch to stable, I will make a TMR release that supports it, then all subsequent releases will track the dev build only. The autorest and recoil system should work though. I can't imagine why it wouldn't. (I am tracking only the stable for now because I am focused on developing critical features, not chasing transient bugs. Can't wait for Arma 3 final!)

CBA is required. Truly, who can do anything without its great Extended Event Handlers?

Real names: I really wanted to, and I still may. But I'm deeply frustrated by the distribution of weapons, which is made even worse when they have their real names. The bad guys use the IMI Negev (Zafir), while the good guys have the Namer and the Tavor TAR-21 (TRG-21) (Did Israel get split in half?) OPFOR using an American M14 variant (Mk18 ABR)? Both sides using the Kel-tec RFB? Any actual military organization using the Kel-tec RFB, ever? Some weapons are also just made up versions, like the caseless KAC LMG (Mk200). So I think I prefer the fictional names, plus it reduces confusion between the names in TMR and the names in BI's documentation. I do want to hear more feedback on this.

Thank you for the answers!

I asked about CBA because I keep a thread about Mod Compatibilities and one think I keep track of is what mods require CBA and what mods do not... :D

About the real names: my hope is that the existing distribution si simply because of a lot of weapons being used as placeholders... The ideal solution would be to wait for official release, and then redestribute the weapons correctly, correctly naming them at the same time: I'm not sure such a redestribution is possible though...

Another bug - when you respawn,you can't autorest weapon,as well as use of bipod.
I will look into this.
Could this be connected to the known bug that prevents user interface elements to laod with savegames and reverts? See this post and following for example: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153884-loadable-permanent-GUI&p=2385416&viewfull=1#post2385416

Yay!

EDIT: May I also suggest something? I really like the modularity of your Mod: a great feauture would be to have a .txt with the list of .pbo modules, and about each module the exact changes it makes to the game, from the larger to the smaller... This would help both debugging (because we know what is a wanted change and what is not) and ease of use (since it would be easier to understand what modules I want active and what I do not)...

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Ok, I have another couple of things to add, bear (bare?) with me for another couple of lines... :D

First, I wanted to give you my personal feedback about weapon names, since you asked for general feedback... I personally would prefer correct names with incorrect factions; actually, i thought about making a Mod myslef, changing all names of all the equipment to their real life names: problem is, I do not have the modding skills to do that...

Second question is: would a wind calculation (in the specific, the one provided by this Mod) mess up with your launchers guided trajectories and such?

Edited by Gliptal

0.2.2 is released today.

Changelog

- Fixed: Correct v2 signatures for all files.

- Fixed: Resting and bipods will work after you respawn. No message when you switch units.

- Fixed: Dependency to CBA properly added.

- Fixed: New sounds for bipod deployment recorded from my Harris S-BRM bipod on a rifle. Remove tmr_nlaw stealth dependency.

- Fixed: Mk200 now has recoil in single-fire mode.

Release Notes

Have fun! New signatures verified with DSCheckSignatures. Make sure to update your public key in Arma 3\Keys.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Well,I'll work with RPG's ballistics.

Real RPG32 have 160m direct fly range.Look into like this ballistics.Well,I can share it,but it won't work with new RPGs in Dev patch.

Also your RPGs are too slow IMO.They falling like that,thats they have a parachute :)

Another tweak I was created is separated Gunner and Pilot weapons for Mi48.Pretty easy to do.

Could you send me your config values and the reticle files? I will check them out. I'm somewhat confused though. Without control fins, nothing can fly in a straight line if gravity is in play. The RPG-32 rounds just have stabilizing fins (maybe?). So a 160m direct range must still involve some drop, right?

Regarding the speed, Wikipedia lists a 140 m/s muzzle velocity for the RPG-32, and I think that is what I used. The engine handles the ballistic drop and flight performance entirely. If you have a data sheet for RPG-32, would love to see it.

In any case, I have to take another look at the RPG-42 anyway, since BI redid theirs. Maybe this module will not be necessary (other than adding the smoke and thermobaric warheads).

That is a planned fix for helicopters, but I'm not touching aircraft until after Arma 3 is released.

About the real names: my hope is that the existing distribution si simply because of a lot of weapons being used as placeholders... The ideal solution would be to wait for official release, and then redestribute the weapons correctly, correctly naming them at the same time: I'm not sure such a redestribution is possible though...

Could this be connected to the known bug that prevents user interface elements to laod with savegames and reverts? See this post and following for example: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153884-loadable-permanent-GUI&p=2385416&viewfull=1#post2385416

Yay!

EDIT: May I also suggest something? I really like the modularity of your Mod: a great feauture would be to have a .txt with the list of .pbo modules, and about each module the exact changes it makes to the game, from the larger to the smaller... This would help both debugging (because we know what is a wanted change and what is not) and ease of use (since it would be easier to understand what modules I want active and what I do not)...

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Ok, I have another couple of things to add, bear (bare?) with me for another couple of lines... :D

First, I wanted to give you my personal feedback about weapon names, since you asked for general feedback... I personally would prefer correct names with incorrect factions; actually, i thought about making a Mod myslef, changing all names of all the equipment to their real life names: problem is, I do not have the modding skills to do that...

Second question is: would a wind calculation (in the specific, the one provided by this Mod) mess up with your launchers guided trajectories and such?

On names: my current plan is to have two modules, one with 'fantasy names' that fit the Arma 3 universe and reflect BI's naming choices but with my changes, and one with real names for the real weapons. One or the other will be default -- I haven't decided. Both will be optional. Communities and players can choose what they like.

On weapon distribution: I don't like how it is, and would like to change it. For example, BLUFOR should clearly use the Mk200 as an LMG, and INDFOR should probably have something in 5.56mm instead, like a SAW. The Mk18 should not be the DMR for OPFOR; it should just be a long-barrel Katiba. Stuff like that. Such a module is planned, but I'm waiting to see how BI does it in the end. And I want to know about the universe first! I hope they release some info on the story soon. What does CSAF even stand for? Is OPFOR actually an unholy alliance of a divided Israel and Iran!? NO ONE KNOWS

On the bug: no, it was just me forgetting to account for respawning.

On modularity: Check the wiki for now: https://github.com/Taosenai/tmr/wiki/About-TMR

I plan to make a better version of this later, but for now the contents of modules is in flux as I add stuff.

Awesome ! I really appreciate your recoil's work. You know, I made my own recoil mod and I wasn't fully happy with the result, it needed recoil per weapon.

You made quite a good job to modelize the recoil I used to love in Arma 2.

One thing I learned from my work, however, is that you will hear a bunch of users telling you your recoil model is not realistic (bf3, quake, etc.) even tho it's admitted its broken (Zafir is good instance).

I think something is really wrong with the Arma 3 vanilla recoil, and I'm glad to see I'm not alone to seek a way to FIX it :)

Keep it up, I see only good stuff coming ! ;)

Just to make sure, is anyone else using the Dev Branch? Because it looks like all Small Arms module do not work (weapon resting and bipods do though)... I didn't test the launchers because I know they are broken in the Dev Branch...

On modularity: Check the wiki for now: https://github.com/Taosenai/tmr/wiki/About-TMR

I plan to make a better version of this later, but for now the contents of modules is in flux as I add stuff.

Thanks for the link!

Yay!

This is awesome. I don't really like the sound effect for deploying the bipod (VTS Weaponresting's sound was perfect) but aside from that, gameplay-wise, it's a huge improvement!

I didn't test the launchers because I know they are broken in the Dev Branch...

The PCML works in the dev-Branch, it's just the RPG-42 that craps out (because BIS have changed it to function pretty similar to what TMR does anyway); so I'm just not running that .pbo and enjoying the PCML on its own. Seriously; hooray for modularity in gameplay addons!

The updated guidance for the PCML is sheer brilliance - I'm pretty sure I'll have that one running all the time. Glad my preliminary work was of some help: I did it specifically to see if I could work out how someone might script an NLAW properly, but actually scripting things for Arma has always been a subject that has gone way above my head, so I bottled ever trying to make something practical from it myself. :D

Weapon resting and bipods is nice work too. I use [Tab] for my stance adjust key currently, so that means I set off the bipod function a lot when I'm bedding myself into a cover-spot and I don't mean to, but I shall adapt and overcome.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Weapon resting and bipods is nice work too. I use [Tab] for my stance adjust key currently, so that means I set off the bipod function a lot when I'm bedding myself into a cover-spot and I don't mean to, but I shall adapt and overcome.

You can go into your Controls and rebind the "Lock Targets" key. That is what is referenced to deploy the bipod (and also to depress the tracking plunger on the PCML).

This looks excellent - one thing; is it going to be on the play with six network? It would make it easier for folks to update.

Great work Tao. Loving the longer range PMCL. Not so easy to do, so it's really satisfying when you nail a fast moving target at 800m. :)

A request though. Can you please fix (greatly reduce) the ambient light cast from suppressors, I've been wanting this for so long now and it's still there, through both a lighting pass and a suppressor re-config from BIS. :( See my ticket for what I mean.

Somehow with 0.2.2 "Tab" for bipod doesn't work anymore (tried with mk200, mx lsw, kafir). It worked with the 0.2.1 version and i just exchanged the files in the Addons folder..

Edit:

Strange, i switched back to 0.2.1 and now Tab doesn't work anymore.. I haven't changed my controls at all and/but neither have a "lock targets" control. Tab is assigned to "next target".

Edited by Predator.v2

do the bipods only work for stock rifles ?

Somehow with 0.2.2 "Tab" for bipod doesn't work anymore (tried with mk200, mx lsw, kafir). It worked with the 0.2.1 version and i just exchanged the files in the Addons folder..

Edit:

Strange, i switched back to 0.2.1 and now Tab doesn't work anymore.. I haven't changed my controls at all and/but neither have a "lock targets" control. Tab is assigned to "next target".

the redid the lock targets in a recent patch, check to make sure that not screwing it (if you haven't already :D)

Can't get the bipod control to work. Is there a way to change the keybinding for this? That would be extremely helpful, as TAB is my key for raise/lower weapon and "Lock Target/Zoom" is hold Second Mouse Button, not changing that haha.

Can't get the bipod control to work. Is there a way to change the keybinding for this? That would be extremely helpful, as TAB is my key for raise/lower weapon and "Lock Target/Zoom" is hold Second Mouse Button, not changing that haha.

try your vehicle next target button

I've send RPG files,you're asking about tech sheet - well they are restricted.

Russian language sourses tells only some thing.

This is multicaliber system,they may fit 105mm or 72mm HEAT or Thermobaric rounds(Nothing about smoke,but such launchers exist - they called RPO-D).

But on another vids I heard that many other types of round are in developement,even PLOS guidance round.But this info isn't official.

They have 160-200 meters range,200 meters effective range and 700 - maximal.Mass is 3kg,mass of rockets is 7kg(105mm) and 3kg(72mm).

Also another fact - any round for RPG32 have absolutely same ballistic.No needs to create sub-reticles as it was on RPG7.

Edit.Also well another suggestion.NLAW and RPG pretty strong weapon to become light weapon,in real life they are purposed to tank destrutcion.In ArmA2 this thing was easier - there was 3 types of AT - Light(Disposable AT4 or RPG18),Medium(SMAW/RPG) and Heavy(Javelin/Kornet).

Current LAT is an medium if it was ArmA2.Would be great to increase their power,and create LAT class as well.With RPG - this isn't problem,but with NATO and AAF need new weapon for this role.Well I like MATADOR for this role.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATADOR

Edited by samogon

72GurD2.jpg

This is the correct key. It seems like setting it to Left Shift+Space doesn't work -- I have a hunch why. I'll see about separate keybindings in the next version. Better handle it before I overload too many keys with new functions. Maybe try setting it to Left Windows in the meantime?

Samogon, very interesting info. Thanks. What do you think of BI's new RPG-42 in the dev branch? Does it perform more like what you expect? Also, I like the idea of a new light AT for NATO. Help me think here. Why would our NATO faction choose to equip soldiers with that over the PCML (i.e. future NLAW). Is a 3.5 kg weight savings worth the loss of tank killing capability and PLOS guidance? Remember that the wall breaching functionality is engine-limited in Arma 3 (and every game other than Frostbite stuff, really).

A request though. Can you please fix (greatly reduce) the ambient light cast from suppressors, I've been wanting this for so long now and it's still there, through both a lighting pass and a suppressor re-config from BIS. :( See my ticket for what I mean.

I checked this out, and it looks like BI will have to fix it. If they don't it, it could sort of be kludged around by creating the flash lights in a fired EH script manually, but yuck.

Great job Tao ! ;)

Would be great to increase their power,and create LAT class as well.With RPG - this isn't problem,but with NATO and AAF need new weapon for this role.Well I like MATADOR for this role.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATADOR

Same opinion here. However I prefer the carl gustav or the LRAC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustav_recoilless_rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRAC_F1

Is a 3.5 kg weight savings worth the loss of tank killing capability and PLOS guidance? Remember that the wall breaching functionality is engine-limited in Arma 3 (and every game other than Frostbite stuff, really).

RPG rocket is much more cheaper than NLAW missile. Moreover you can take into account so many more situation with the RPG class. it's like mini-artillery for platoon commander.

@Tao.

I think Dev patch RPG42 works a bit not proprely.They have ballistic,similar to RPG7.But I also thank BIS that they're does that.

Well,even in Russian Language sources we have to weak info about this launcher.

Well this video should be helpful.Look at trajectories at close distances,they're almost doesn't have drop.

Also about MATADOR and also other ATs.

Well Titan may destroy targets at distances AFAIK up to 4800meters.To compare - from Killfarm to Airfield stip around 3km,and I can't even renderer it.This is Heavy AT.

NLAW - 600 meters with PLOS,RPG42 - 700m with traditional ballistic.Both of this weapon are created for penetrate Real Time tanks,like T72,Abrams etc.Well make they enough powerful(a bit weaker that Titan),but on small range.This will be Medium AT.They Are pretty heavy - NLAW is ~12.5kg,RPG is 3kg + 2x7kg 105mm AT rounds + 1x3kg 105mm thermobaric(Around 20kg).Thats one of reasons,why I request it.

Well I'll check MATADOR's characteristics - well they're heavier that I expect.10-11KG is very much for this class.But we have much realistic variants for US - M136 AT4 and/or M72(Modern variants).

Both have HE and AT variants.But M136 are much powerful,that M72.I think good variant is M136,but will be great to add something like detachable Night Scope for them,like this:

m136-AT4-1.jpg

CSAT would keep RPG32,but with 72mm rounds.

This system will have some advantages and disadvantages.

NATO and AAF have only diposable launchers,they may even give it for every soldier if nessesary,but in combat if you have only one launcher - you may shoot once.While CSAT may change profile from LAT to MAT easy,also may combine it.

I checked this out, and it looks like BI will have to fix it. If they don't it, it could sort of be kludged around by creating the flash lights in a fired EH script manually, but yuck.

k, thx for taking a look.

Great job, Tao.

You have the same attitude towards realism as I once had with my ArmA mod. I am glad I don't have to mod stuff myself since ACE and hopefully with your influence in ArmA 3.

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the recoil vertical climb or some sort of return to battery at almost the same spot as before the shot?

There is a huge discussion going on in the ArmA 3 bug tracker and, being part of that discussion, I'd like to see what it would feel like in ArmA 3 to have proper recoil mechanics. As you know the weapon returns to its former point of aim (almost) without a vertical climb as it is now (and still is with your mod).

Since I don't know the current recoil configs and parameters, maybe you could look into that matter?

As you wrote earlier it is not the recoil that makes it difficult to hit at longer distances, there should be a "cone of fire" that increases with fully automatic/fast firing instead of the old school "sky shooter" recoil which is unparalleled in the real world.

Thanks for your mod, a silver lining on the horizon that the realism community is not dead (yet)!