I think all of the major item stats are in dbexport.bin, does anyone know how to edit this file yet? Anything in the SDK?

In recent patches there are xml files in scripts\base but at the moment changing them doesn't seem to have any effect. Hopefully in a future patch we will be able to edit and use these files to change the stats.

It looks like the xml files are actually an export of dbexport.bin's table structure... database.xml contains a list of all of the table names. All of the other xml files contain a table definition along with all of the data they should contain. Going through dbexport.bin with a hex editor it seems to match up, at least as close as I can tell without knowing the format. Wonder if it is proprietary or something off the shelf... Since we know what the entries should be it might possible to reverse engineer the format for all the different data types.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 ----------

I did a little experiment after I wrote that. I made some changes to the xml files (increase number of walrus lasers on carriers) and tried to get them to show up, but got no result (similar to others posting). The same edit done to dbexport.bin and it showed up in the game as expected. Also noticed that some of the values in the xml files don't match with dbexport.bin. This seems to indicate the xml files are not generated every time and are just packaged up with the other files.

Do you think it would be worth the time to write a quick editor for this file? I figured out what most of the storage types are, so it should be pretty simple. It would not take too long to put something together using .net to do it. Just a thought...

Hmm interesting. I wonder if it uses an override system that uses the XML files if the bin is missing or corrupted? I think modding CC is still in early stages so maybe we will figure out how its working.

If you can make a bin editor that correctly modifies without corrupting I would definitely like to see that. Go for it.

Got it reading in all the table data. Now I just need to make it pretty to edit and get it written back out again.

Took a little longer than expected but I think I have something passable. You can load/edit/save the dbexport.bin file. I don't have it setup to allow adding new entires yet, but plan to. You also need to be careful editing table cross references (columns marked with 'R') since I don't have anything checking they are set right. Also planning to add that along with better errors when you try and put the wrong data type into a field.

You first need to point it at the database.xml file in scripts/base of the unpacked directory so it can load the table column names from the xml files. After that you are good to go :) This is built with .NET 4.0, let me know if you want it built against one of the older versions.

http://newton-avila.com/CCG_files/CCGDatabaseEditor_0.1.0.0.exe

Great job bro. Just an idea though, you should probably put it inside a zip file to not trip out browsers or anti-viruses thinking it is a malicious program. Will test it and let you know what happens.

Nice job on the tool. I experimented with slowing the barque and carrier speeds and it worked, although the carriers manual drive doesn't seem to obey the same settings.

Thanks for producing this, I've used it to make a change for my next mod update.

Took a little longer than expected but I think I have something passable. You can load/edit/save the dbexport.bin file. I don't have it setup to allow adding new entires yet, but plan to. You also need to be careful editing table cross references (columns marked with 'R') since I don't have anything checking they are set right. Also planning to add that along with better errors when you try and put the wrong data type into a field.

You first need to point it at the database.xml file in scripts/base of the unpacked directory so it can load the table column names from the xml files. After that you are good to go :) This is built with .NET 4.0, let me know if you want it built against one of the older versions.

http://newton-avila.com/CCG_files/CCGDatabaseEditor_0.1.0.0.exe

Any chance for you to disclose your findings on the binary format? With the release of your tool, everybody is using it to mod those values and now I cannot release my modmixer without adding the capability of merging several of these binary files together. :)