Sign in to follow this  
hardscript

Headless client + battleye

Since 0.74 my headless clients are no longer able to connect to my battleye servers on my dedicated box. They can however connect to a battleye dedicated server hosted on my own pc.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to fix it?

Could you please be more specific? What kind of error do you get?

When Battleye is enabled the client window does not say anything and the server window shows the client connecting but never approves its battleye or shows the connected message, it also disconnects after a time.

If i place battleye =0; it connects and works as normal. Also when i attempt to run it with battleye =1; on my own pc it works.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Ok here is some more detail with screenshots.

These are the params i used for all tests.

Server params -port=5302 -config=CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg -world=empty

Client params -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=5302 nosound

This screenshot is with battleye disabled on the server, on my rented dedicated box.

http://puu.sh/3N4Sn.png

This screenshot is with battleye enabled on the same server.

http://puu.sh/3N4WL.png

This screenshot is running the same on my own pc using the same params and the same steam account.

http://puu.sh/3N4ZN.png

All above were done on a fresh install of A3.

Thank you for that idea but unfortunately they are already different.

After more investigation it seems to be directly related to the character profile it loads as using the -name= param causes the same issue on my pc as i get on the dedicated server.

Perhaps the character profile is not being created correctly when using -client, and you actually need to make the profile in the real game which is not possible on a dedicated box.

Is it possible to put a intact copy of the profile on my pc onto my dedicated box and have it use that.

SOLVED IT.

To connect to a Battleye server you must accept the battleye licence, A headless client that has not had a player manually accept this will not work.

Solution, Create a Profile for your HC, load a game and accept the Battleye licence. Then copy the profile to your server and it will work.

thanks for telling us and glad to hear You solved it ...

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

note: there is a way easier , Your Server profile file - add

battleyeLicense=1;

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

Excellent - Works for me :)

Nice work on finding that workaround/resolution hardscript, and for the additional information Dwarden

thanks for telling us and glad to hear You solved it ...

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

note: there is a way easier , Your Server profile file - add

battleyeLicense=1;

Hi,

battleyeLicense=1; Not in the server profile but in the HC profile...

And the battleye client dll in the game directory of the HC...

Hi,

battleyeLicense=1; Not in the server profile but in the HC profile...

And the battleye client dll in the game directory of the HC...

actually both HC profile and sever config ;)

actually both HC profile and sever config ;)

No,

I have an HC profile and a server profile with two files...

Headless client Could not connect to BE Master i put battleyeLicense=1; in the HC profile and a server profile but i still get Could not connect to BE Master

My .BAT

start /W arma3.exe -client -name=HC -nosound -localhost=127.0.0.1 -connect=localhost -port=2342 -profiles=server  -mod=@CBA_A3

Edited by hellstorm77

Headless client Could not connect to BE Master i put battleyeLicense=1; in the HC profile and a server profile but i still get Could not connect to BE Master

My .BAT

start /W arma3.exe -client -name=HC -nosound -localhost=127.0.0.1 -connect=localhost -port=2342 -profiles=server  -mod=@CBA_A3

Try it without '-localhost=127.0.0.1' as I don't think its needed anymore (I don't use it in my startup line for the HC)

Also ensure your '-port=<number>' is the same as the port assigned to the Server port.

Ok..

Download the battleye client dll from battleye and put it in the main directory battleye of the game. Normally it will work...

Ok..

Download the battleye client dll from battleye and put it in the main directory battleye of the game. Normally it will work...

Ah yes, that too :)

I have downloaded battleye client dll from battleye and placed it in the battleye folder in my main directory. The HC still gets kicked (server: player HC kicked off steam ticket check failed [null]

Edited by hellstorm77

I make a profile y accept the terms of battleye, but battleye kick the HC for inactivity. I try all the solutions in this post, any idea?

HAHAHA, I'm a meat-head for trusting other player's typo infested typing in this forum. It is NOT "-name=HC -profiles=HC"! It should read "-name=HC -profile=HC". It seems to be connecting now... The problem below is bogus, but left for posterity.

I can't get a headless client to work with Battleye.

I connected from a PC via the GUI using the HC profile. Even though I had battleyeLicense=1; in the HC.Arma3Profile, I was still asked to accept the Battleye License terms. After that, I connected to my dedicated server, no problem. I exited and ran the headless client command line to join the same server using the same profile:

arma3.exe -connect=10.2.2.16 -port=2400 -client -nosound  -password=xxxxxxxxxxxxx -name=HC -profiles=HC -mod=@blah;@blah;@blah....

Here is the log from the server (GUI first, then exit and ran the command line):

16:00:57 BattlEye Server: Player #0 HC (10.2.2.214:2304) connected
16:00:57 Player HC connecting.
16:00:58 BattlEye Server: Player #0 HC - GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9 (unverified)
16:00:58 Player HC connected (id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4).
16:00:58 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9) of player #0 HC
16:01:05 Player HC disconnected.
16:01:05 BattlEye Server: Player #0 HC disconnected
16:02:03 HC uses modified data file
16:02:03 BattlEye Server: Player #0 HC (10.2.2.214:2402) connected
16:02:03 Player HC connecting.
16:02:35 Player  kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding
16:02:35 Player HC disconnected.

One thing I noticed in the log is that the message for the kick says "Player kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding" rather than "Player HC kicked off by BattlEye: Client not responding". I don't know if that means anything or not.

This is all that the client displays:

16:02:05 Dedicated client created.

There is something missing from what is generally known about setting up a headless client. So far I've checked the following:

• battleyeLicense=1; in the server's config as well as the HC.Arma3Profile
  • Battleye client and server dlls are in every conceivable place they could be read
  • The client and server are two different machines in this case, but I changed the steamports in the server's config anyway

Edited by Jacmac