Sign in to follow this  
tsmhicks

context menus need to be fixed

So i have been playing bohemia games since operation flashpoint cold war crisis and the one thing that has not noticably changed is the action / context menu. To me and many long time players of both operation flashpoint and now arma are wanting the context menu to be drastically worked on before gold release.

Dyslexi just did a perfect video that is 30min long describing and showing all the critical flaws with the action / context menu and i really want bohemia to look at it.

Definitely needs to be improved. +1

Easy to say 'fix' though. Believe several other threads/feedback somewhere on this.

Maybe setup a STICKY with Brainstorm Ideas and Forum Voting? Most don't use Feedback.

Dslyecxi has some solid ideas. Love the passion I see in the community. Hard not to be

when you're so close to the ultimate military/combat sim/game.

Dslyecxi: http://dslyecxi.com/arma-3-fixing-the-action-menu/

(I believe BIS can expand even more than this)

At the very least (if not mod/script), allow more options by the average user (preferred) to customize the Menu/Options/Actions futher. I use a Power A Gaming Pad, which works awesome, and see there is some Custom Options but do not know how to use or setup. Maybe they're working in this direction? Who knows?

Would like to see Options, for example as: Hold, Tap, Tap2x, Tap3x, Hold + D-Pad Scroll, Hold + Stick (compass wheel), etc... This is a CORE issue that effects the very heart of the experience. More than ready to take it to the next level by now.

WAY TOO MANY times now I have died because of the mysterious fluctuating menu/action. Touch Off Bombs should never be that easy to detonate. Tap2x. Bigger ones (satchel) Tap3x. Using the Mouse Scroll & Button; too easy to roll while clicking: KABOOM!

Like the idea of setting something up in the Inventory Screen: Setup each Item & Weapon needed to use Shift+Choice (THEN option of course to bind that to whatever Gaming Pad Button Setup). Maybe yo want SHIFT+S for Smoke, SHIFT+C for Chemlight, SHIFT+G for Grenade, SHIFT+L for Launcher, SHIFT+F for First Aid Kit, SHIFT+You decide. You Setup. You customize. Customize. Customize.

Continuing to brainstorm here: The Adjust button (stance) is amazing! Keep it going...

Holding ADJUST (call it SHIFT now) opens MORE options. ADJUST STANCE is just one.

Holding ADJUST -- Tap with Trigger = Claymore Clacker. Tap2x = C4. Tap3x = Satchel.

Holding ADJUST -- [Option with Button] = Action of YOUR CHOICE

Leave as Default or Customize. Keyboard or Gaming Pad. And so on.

While Holding the ADJUST you would get a pop-up display on side of screen (able to turn on/off of course) showing the SETUP you did in the Inventory Screen to ASSIGN what-to-what so you do not have to memorize.

Sorry for the ramble. Off the top of my head just now. My 3 cents.

Edited by Goblin
Too much time on my hands