Its been a while since I looked at this code. It should work but I can't say that actions always work.

Cheers. And much appreciation for responding to us newer users! I will try it with my dedicated server this weekend. Stay tuned..

I tried it like couple months ago on our decicated server, I am pretty sure it didnt hook. Took a while to find the action, after the ballon was deployed I am pretty sure it didnt hook

On 9/27/2015 at 12:38 AM, bolbies said:

Is there a way to get this to grab multiple soldiers at once? Like a quick grab-n-go taxi?

I use the SPIE "vehicle" from the Unsung mod, it works great.

And does anyone know if there is a way to get past the 130m line limit? I can't tell if that limit is from the script or just ArmA's rope length limit. If so, if there anyway to bypass it, such as increasing rope stretch or linking one rope to another?

Hi everyone I'm just here because I love this script but the addAction's always irk me as you can trigger them from a good 20-30m away, so in the sqf for my mission I just changed line 39 to this

ls = (_this select 0) addAction ["Launch Skyhook", {[(_this select 0)] Call SKM_Action},nil, 1.5, true, true, "", "true", 2, false, "", ""];

This way, the range to trigger the action is 1.5m, where you really are up close. All the nil and true stuff are the default parameters that have to be put in order to change one of them (or at least that's how I've always done).
Since the 1.5m are from the center of whatever object you're interacting with, vehicles can be a hassle to deal with, so if you're planning on doing that I'd suggest increasing the range to at least 3m.
Cheers and thanks again for this great script !

5 hours ago, Balthy said:

This way, the range to trigger the action is 1.5m

It's 2m. The "1.5" element in the array is the action's priority.

this addAction
[
	"title",	// title
	{
		params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"]; // script
	},
	nil,		// arguments
	1.5,		// priority
	true,		// showWindow
	true,		// hideOnUse
	"",		// shortcut
	"true", 	// condition
	50,		// radius
	false,		// unconscious
	"",		// selection
	""		// memoryPoint
];

15 hours ago, Harzach said:

It's 2m. The "1.5" element in the array is the action's priority.

this addAction
[
	"title",	// title
	{
		params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"]; // script
	},
	nil,		// arguments
	1.5,		// priority
	true,		// showWindow
	true,		// hideOnUse
	"",		// shortcut
	"true", 	// condition
	50,		// radius
	false,		// unconscious
	"",		// selection
	""		// memoryPoint
];

Ah right, the way I've been pasting this everywhere I lost the actual meaning of things, thanks for the correction.

On 12/11/2022 at 8:44 AM, Balthy said:

Hi everyone I'm just here because I love this script but the addAction's always irk me as you can trigger them from a good 20-30m away, so in the sqf for my mission I just changed line 39 to this

This way, the range to trigger the action is 1.5m, where you really are up close. All the nil and true stuff are the default parameters that have to be put in order to change one of them (or at least that's how I've always done).
Since the 1.5m are from the center of whatever object you're interacting with, vehicles can be a hassle to deal with, so if you're planning on doing that I'd suggest increasing the range to at least 3m.
Cheers and thanks again for this great script !

Have you finished/published the mission on steam yet? I'd love to play it. I'm currently working on a mission that uses Unsung redux and I had to modify the script to set the person being extracted's velocity up when they got hooked both to replicate the fact that IRL you would be pulled straight upwards at first and also because they kept getting stuck in the trees lol.

On 12/20/2022 at 7:15 PM, ColonelJacobs said:

Have you finished/published the mission on steam yet? I'd love to play it. I'm currently working on a mission that uses Unsung redux and I had to modify the script to set the person being extracted's velocity up when they got hooked both to replicate the fact that IRL you would be pulled straight upwards at first and also because they kept getting stuck in the trees lol.

I haven't, as a matter of fact I don't think I ever will, I tried to get it working in multiplayer and kind of gave up haha.