Hey, i was testing this out earlier and i have a problem. 

When I deploy the balloon, the parachutes appear for a split second then disappear, the rope and chemlight then float up without the "balloon" attached.

Any idea why this is happening?

Hey, i was testing this out earlier and i have a problem. 

When I deploy the balloon, the parachutes appear for a split second then disappear, the rope and chemlight then float up without the "balloon" attached.

Any idea why this is happening?

No are you getting anything in the RTP? Any errors Did you make sure to copy the texture files too?

Is there a way to get this to grab multiple soldiers at once? Like a quick grab-n-go taxi?

You can either line them up and all give them skyhook or you can find a vehicle capable of being lifted and fill the vehicle and give sky hook to that.  Its not been written to deal with daisy chaining yet.

First version with little my work, minimum changes, now working for AI too.

https://yadi.sk/d/zkXuGRGqkVzFn

('Because: the version is more realistic then 2-nd).

This is certainly the older version, my newer version should be usable by AI with a bit of scripting.

John, 

I stumbled across this script while working on a new modpack for our unit. What an awesome idea! I would love to get this working in MP so that we could apply it to some cool HVT extractions and such. I can see so many possibilities. Seems like your on the brink of getting MP ready after reading this thread. Some of the things that are happening when I run it with others in the unit: The Deploy Skyhook menu option doesn't appear for anyone but me (the host) even though it initiated for all, I see the full animation "balloon" and all, but others only see a flying rope, when someone attempts to pick me up the rope connects and then breaks on my end and stays attached to the vehicle. They're moving pretty slow as well. Works perfectly with AI just not with players. 

Any solutions for these problems? 

This must be made into a mod for most to try it,if done,it is going to be very much used in MP End Game . 

John, 

I stumbled across this script while working on a new modpack for our unit. What an awesome idea! I would love to get this working in MP so that we could apply it to some cool HVT extractions and such. I can see so many possibilities. Seems like your on the brink of getting MP ready after reading this thread. Some of the things that are happening when I run it with others in the unit: The Deploy Skyhook menu option doesn't appear for anyone but me (the host) even though it initiated for all, I see the full animation "balloon" and all, but others only see a flying rope, when someone attempts to pick me up the rope connects and then breaks on my end and stays attached to the vehicle. They're moving pretty slow as well. Works perfectly with AI just not with players. 

Any solutions for these problems? 

Hey thanks,

MP is a pain in the arse mostly down the the action menu system being so unnecessarily complex for MP, I spent weeks trying to figure it out with a old script and as a 3rd year uni student I've not got the time nor patience to figure it out, maybe once uni is over or BI make a major update to addaction I'll give it a rewrite. For now you are you are welcome to try yourself.

This must be made into a mod for most to try it,if done,it is going to be very much used in MP End Game . 

All praise the original John :D

As said no time atm also no idea how to do that would it help with MP stuff?

Hey,

i rent a arma 3 server on a webside, and i installed the mission with the skyhook buuuuuttttt

only one guy has the "launch skyhook" option and one off the two parachutes is laying on the "ground"(air),

and if i fly with a helicopter in the parachute it hooks him only in the air but he isn't go hight ward?!

pls help

and for the multiplayer ?: can you do that you can do the skyhook more than one time 

Thanks  ;)

Greeting Ben aka DerGustav

(yes I'm german :D and my english is not the best sorry for any spelling mistakes)

Hey,

yeah i can but i must go offline for a few hours

after that i send a video in this topic 

Greetings Ben aka DerGustav

Since you made this skyhook work can't you make a simple workable helicopter hoist script? Where players will be able to hoist other players? Really needed for SAR missions

And if we could hoist injured people via a basket of some sort that would be really awesome. Just like this one:

Can you upload a video? 

Here is one but sorry my mic wasn't recordet and my server is in only first person and my friend is saying:

he was hooked for a sec and then he was laying on the ground 

Here is one but sorry my mic wasn't recordet and my server is in only first person and my friend is saying:

he was hooked for a sec and then he was laying on the ground 

It would be better If I saw it from his perspective. I've not updated the script in a while so a BI change may have killed this script a bit.

Since you made this skyhook work can't you make a simple workable helicopter hoist script? Where players will be able to hoist other players? Really needed for SAR missions

And if we could hoist injured people via a basket of some sort that would be really awesome. Just like this one:

Well, I'll see if I have time to fix the current issue then maybe. I've just started a new grad job in a new city and Arma time has taken a big hit so far.

Well, I'll see if I have time to fix the current issue then maybe. I've just started a new grad job in a new city and Arma time has taken a big hit so far.

Many thanks man. It would be a blast!

Here is the video from his perspectiv:

https://youtu.be/_WOtDR6EW4Q

Ok tested it in SP and it works fine what mods are you using?  It will take a few days to get a MP test going as my MP testing buddy is a bit busy at the moment. In the mean time can you test it with no mods running at all I want to see if there is a mod issue.

I am aware the MP setup isn't great for this I may look at this in the future.

I'm using:

Ace

CBA

Cup_units

Cup_weapons

cup_Vehicles

enhancend Movement

Advanced UrbanRappling

Advanced Rappling

Bornholm, Denmark

Murshun Cigs

Ares