Hi,

I'm trying to use de skyhook but it's only works in preview on editor. When i'm export to MP game and launching on server the action "Launch skyhook" do not show on roll the scroll.

Then a tried to export the example mission that comes with de script and that mission works! I try to reproduce the same mission on Altis map but without success.

It's a very nice idea, some help it will be useful.

The way it works with MP is horrible I have a new version but it has soo many MP bugs its not worth doing Mainly Addaction In MP is terrible. I couldn't tell you why it doesn't work on any other map. My advice is to check you logs for errors.

Think we could get a look at the "NEW" version, maybe we can help with the mp issues.

Think we could get a look at the "NEW" version, maybe we can help with the mp issues.

I've put it on the list of things to do, but IRL work and clan stuff takes precedence.

I'll give it a look over to see what I can do then Ill post it.

Put it in the init.sqf

execVM "Skyhook.sqf";

It works fine

People must be 5-10 meters or u die

Put it in the init.sqf

It works fine

People must be 5-10 meters or u die

Yeah its not that its how the action buttons work using the init.sqf is far to basic

Thanks, I dont mind trying to lend a hand because I have always liked this script, I just wish I could get it working with Sabers C130s, but the issue Is on his end as far as I can tell.

I attempted to add another playable unit in the flight path of the helo, put the script in the init block, activated the script on both units, and then changed to a third unit to observe what happened and the helo did not pick up either unit. Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

I would like to use this script as the extraction option at the end of a mission I am making.

I attempted to add another playable unit in the flight path of the helo, put the script in the init block, activated the script on both units, and then changed to a third unit to observe what happened and the helo did not pick up either unit. Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

I would like to use this script as the extraction option at the end of a mission I am making.

You may have to adjust the catch zone, yeah go for it :D , usual as long as i'm credited for the script.

Thanks John Ill test it out soon.

Update:

in your mission only the heli can pick you up, the modified wipeout dosent seem to lift.

Tested it out a bit, still messing around with some of the code to make it universal to plane/heli type, easier for missions where a named plane/helicopter needs to respawn.

I would add _link hideObjectGlobal true; It looks better without seeing the skeet.

Edited by Tonys

Noted. This was based of something that was written for A2 updated for A3 and was last worked on just after helo DLC launch.

Thanks John Ill test it out soon.

Update:

in your mission only the heli can pick you up, the modified wipeout dosent seem to lift.

Tested it out a bit, still messing around with some of the code to make it universal to plane/heli type, easier for missions where a named plane/helicopter needs to respawn.

I would add _link hideObjectGlobal true; It looks better without seeing the skeet.

I'm messing around with the script too because I wan't my mission to end with a Fulton Recovery extraction for the entire group. I've tried increasing the hitz radius and its hit or miss, the balloons knock into eachother and push eachother far away and some people don't get picked up, and if you increase the hitz radius the helicopter will lift you up earlier, way earlier depending on how much you increase the radius. Have you tried it yet Tony? And if so what kind of results did you get?

I have been in class all night and havent had a chance to mess with it more, Im not concerned with the radius, I just have my guys spread out 20-50m granted I have not tryed with the new system for multiple pick ups, I do like the new rope, I wonder if we could make a proper balloon for this, if I was any good at modeling I would make one that inflates, and make something like http://www.diverescueintl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Light_Salvage_and_Recovery.jpg for underwater aplications.

I have been in class all night and havent had a chance to mess with it more, Im not concerned with the radius, I just have my guys spread out 20-50m granted I have not tryed with the new system for multiple pick ups, I do like the new rope, I wonder if we could make a proper balloon for this, if I was any good at modeling I would make one that inflates, and make something like http://www.diverescueintl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Light_Salvage_and_Recovery.jpg for underwater aplications.

Its using the two cargo parachutes because i didn't want to use any mods. But if you can make a balloon model that can float upwards to the sky then the script for that would be relatively simple.

--Notes:

-Make Link invisible.

-Look into a re-texture of parachutes to make a more convincing balloon. (white or white + orange?)

-Test multi pick ups (IRL this would be far too dangerous)

-Test Plane pick-up.

-See if its possible to allow the balloon to drift a bit.

Edited by john681611

http://www.slugsite.com/archives/875 its got some good information on it about the skyhook, mainly the comments from pilots and crew if you havent read it before. As far as multi pickups are you saying group or staggered single pickup? In all honesty if I can find a balloon model for this, air dropping a crate with said harness and balloon would be cool along with maybe a enviro suit, Ill try and dig around this weekend, I doubt I can find one that will simulate inflation but in the long run if it become a mod having an attachment for various C130s ingame with the front hook and wires needed for a realish recovery. I wonder if its even possible to have the line actually wrap under a C130 ingame and have said person(s) dangling from it.

http://www.slugsite.com/archives/875 its got some good information on it about the skyhook, mainly the comments from pilots and crew if you havent read it before. As far as multi pickups are you saying group or staggered single pickup? In all honesty if I can find a balloon model for this, air dropping a crate with said harness and balloon would be cool along with maybe a enviro suit, Ill try and dig around this weekend, I doubt I can find one that will simulate inflation but in the long run if it become a mod having an attachment for various C130s ingame with the front hook and wires needed for a realish recovery. I wonder if its even possible to have the line actually wrap under a C130 ingame and have said person(s) dangling from it.

No I ll take a look at lunch. I think they mean staggered singles. There are already crates in game with netting for sling loading we can use them, pilots outfits probably do the enviro suit. What we would need is a backpack or box to store the balloon and line in. Arma doesn't simulate lifting bodies and other effects that need to be taken into account to IRL have the cargo at a shallow angle behind the aircraft the best I've seen is 70 degrees back from vertical down. I have not tried using a C130 because I wanted to have a no mod script. I think the way forward is to have a no mods required script and then a better mod variant. maybe we can talk to someone who has made a C130 or similar aircraft if they would like to help.

If we can get a C-27J that would be perfect as its not too large for armas scale and it is the SF plane of choice for NATO.

http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_C-27J_lg.jpg (316 kB)

Hey!

Awesome script, i messed around with it and got it working in MP. The action is given by an object.

However, every time i spawn, i spawn with a "balloon" already attached to me, i even have the option to dismantle it.

Any ideas?

Thanks ^^

Hey!

Awesome script, i messed around with it and got it working in MP. The action is given by an object.

However, every time i spawn, i spawn with a "balloon" already attached to me, i even have the option to dismantle it.

Any ideas?

Thanks ^^

Getting it working basicly in MP is fine but there is loads of localisation issues. If you try with a friend you will see while you can dismantle it he still sees launch. Its not really a problem using it personally but its a major issue if you try to use it on a vehicle.

You need to change the parameters so that its not selecting you as the lifting object.

Download

Dev Changelog -

-Made link invisible

-added selection of baloon textures new parameter after lights, array selection as so:

1. 0-Default
  2. 1-White
  3. 2-White + Orange stripes

Its rather easy to add a new texture to the list.

-Updated modelto to render version;

-basic break out when rope breaks.

-Probably broke script.

Sorry im kinda tired but i thought you should have it for fun.

63CF1CA7137EE6996DC204F0A4E11BB15B3B2A0B

Im glad to see you messing around with this, It has and will probably always be one of my favorite ARMA scripts, Thanks for the time and effort you have put into this!:drinking2:

I am so pleased to have found this script today by chance.

Have wanted to simulate this in ARMA 3 and never realised you had this working until now.

Thank you so much for your efforts

Update Incoming.

I've finished work and Clan work is low too so I got back into this. Sorry I can only do this when I have time and interest.

I have Left any MP stuff out for now so I don't know how well it works but Download is on front page at the top. Enjoy.

V1.7

-Complete Re-Write

-Variable based now

-Better Looking Balloon

-Any baloon can be interacted catched by any catcher vehicle

-Rope Technology

-Slingloads compatible vehicles  / objects

-Attach for non compatible  vehicles / objects

-Mass Simulated for unit (90KG + gear) and vehicle (tanks work as land anchors)

-Range of balloon textures

-NOT MP tested (yet)

-15 second refresh for any new Skyhooks

- Clear Sky check

- Animation for man.

-Probably a load more

Skyhook

by

john681611 (INF_Mike64)

Description:

Simple script to simulate the Fulton surface-to-air recovery system for infantry. Now working with Arma 3 and any aircraft with cargo space.

Features:

- A balloon visual represented by a parachute.

- Realistic catch system where the player is moved into the sky then put in the aircraft.

- 130M catch line (aircraft must hit top of line for a catch)

- Modifiable line length

- Usable with any aircraft.

- Dismantle skyhook

- NV Beacons along rope.

-A3 compatable.

Installation:

To initalise execVM "Skyhook.sqf"; init.sqf (NOT MP tested yet)

Any object wanting to have a skyhook add this to init : this setVariable ["SKM",["P",(Baloon height NUM),(hit range NUM),(Lights BOOL),(texture NUM {0,1,3}),""],true]; EG this setVariable ["SKM",["P",30,50,true,1,""],true];

Any vehicles wanting to catch add this to init: _catcher setVariable ["SKM_Catcher",1,true];

- Modifiable for ACE/A3 balloon type.

- Modifiable for AI to use.

Media:

63CF1CA7137EE6996DC204F0A4E11BB15B3B2A0B

Change log:

V1.7

-Complete Re-Write

-Variable based now

-Better Looking Balloon

-Any baloon can be interacted catched by any catcher vehicle

-Rope Technology

-Slingloads compatible vehicles  / objects

-Attach for non compatible  vehicles / objects

-Mass Simulated for unit (90KG + gear) and vehicle (tanks work as land anchors)

-Range of balloon textures

-NOT MP tested (yet)

-15 second refresh for any new Skyhooks

- Clear Sky check

- Animation for man.

-Probably a load more

V1.6

-Moved to .SQF

-removed blinking light

-Added Arma 3 compatibility

-Balloon now rises from peoples back

-Added HALO animation

-Fix no more moving underground.

Download:Skyhook [bETA] v1.6

Link is broked, plus gues thete is a virus, link to armaholic http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21763