Sign in to follow this  
jamie721

Java Support in arma 3 has any one tryed it?

Hi All,

I am wondering if any one has tried following the take on helicopters tutorial and applied it to an arma 3 mission. by getting the required jniscripting.jar from take on helicopter missions and putting it in the correct place in arma 3 mission. Then following the setup info to from take on helicopters on your arma 3 mission?

I only asking this because I remember reading some one say that it would not be removed from vanilla arma 3 alpha if it was already there in the code base.

So maybe the functionality is there but just not the creating the required files in mission file ie jniscripting.jar .

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Jamie

Edited by jamie721
Miss leading title.

i am interested in Java in Arma 3 too.

the jniscripting.jar is not located in the arma 3 directory. as i do not own the TOH version, i cannot test it (unless someone provides me the jar file)

it would be awesome to get the jar (best would be officially from dev team) to test, even if its still beta!

i am interested in Java in Arma 3 too.

the jniscripting.jar is not located in the arma 3 directory. as i do not own the TOH version, i cannot test it (unless someone provides me the jar file)

it would be awesome to get the jar (best would be officially from dev team) to test, even if its still beta!

yes I don't have TOH either but would be great to get hold of the jar for testing. Its not garunted to work but its worth the try.

i found the jar on the web. (old one though)

i had a look on the api. looks prety much like static functions.

lots of work to do to get this more programmer friendly (guess the current sqf is not that friendly as java too)

i'd do it but i need way more information about variables on each object then...

Well that's a step in the right direction. What do you need and I will do my best to help.

For any one else who owns TOH and wouldn't mind privately posting the .jar file to either me or bullet. I'm very interested in doing my own research.

Jamie, send me your email and I can mail you the (old) jar file. It would be great if we clould team up in creating nice OO Java api, which offers programmer-friendly style (I can provide samples with what I mean...)