Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

ZGM Visitor Objects for ArmA 3 BETA

Great! Thanks. Cant wait to dig in.

The documentation (.pdf) in your download has things linked to outdated stuff:

this is the ArmA 3 BETA edition of my ZGM comprehensive ArmA 2 object library. It serves as a kind of interface between Visitor 3,

and Shezan74’s World Tools. Once you have installed the library and understood the necessary conversion processes, you will be able to speed up terrain editing (actually be finally able to create maps for ArmA 3) and enjoy your creativity with far less frustration.

This is the .pdf from 27 July 2013.

1. If you click on Visitor 3 Link, goes to >> wiki >> BI Tools >> Arma 1 (dead download link). **Change to: BI Tools 2.5 (or soon to be 3?)

2. If you click on The Arma 3 3D Editor Link, goes >> Arma 2 3D Editor YouTube page. **Change to: Arma 3 3D Editor (your updated thread)

Really ? Well, the objects I placed to create the pictures in the first post where ingame at the spot they were supposed to be by placement in 3DE - except few standing on slopes. Hmmmm...maybe the recent update changed the models' ground levels a bit? Anyone else having these issues ?

Mea culpa for that youtube video :-) Seems I just copied that one from the A2 manual. Regarding Visitor 3 however, I wasnt about to post a direct download link in the first place but just that wiki site. But I will update the template package anyway after the release of the the full version after September 12th...

Well i just flattened all the ground where i placed them , and that seems to solve the issue for now.

Anyhow a big thanks for your work , it saves a lot of time !

@ZeroG

despite all my efforts I still have the problem arma.exe

"S: \ SteamLibrary_Arma3 \ SteamApps \ common \ Arma 3 \ arma3.exe" C: \ Users \ YourNameHere \ Documents \ arma3 \ Gamma \ tasks \ Testmap2.TestMap \ mission.biedi "nosplash

I invalid erreure post!

will you release an update with altis objects? :)

This is very powerful and I think I already thanked you in this thread but never hurts to point out. Its awesome :)

Really cuts the developing time of islands with like half when it comes to object placements.

I have some trouble with Arma 3 objects in Visitor. I can't see some of them in buldozer, most rocks are invisible (except wall rock or little rocks) and most of the wall (except concrete wall).

@Gamma: try this addon. Also, there are several instructions to gain access to the 3DE on Youtube. Again, heres my shortcut:

"F:\GAMES\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "C:\Users\ZeroG\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\EDITOR\missions\editor.zgm_test4_a3\mission.biedi" -nosplash

Make sure you have an empty file called "mission.biedi"...

@GranQ: Yes, I plan to do so, as I am creating a map myself atm and am sure that we wont get new tools too soon (but hopefully Im not right with that feeling)

@Azroul: Do you use A3 Buldozer? If so, then yes, you cant see some of the objects I guess. I havent really tried my template addon with A3 Buldozer because I felt that the A2 version was sufficient.

Yes, I use Arma3 buldozer.

But thanks for the answer.

I try to add manualy the buildings, I can see the object on buldozer and visitor but with black texture. Any idea why ?

Visitor seems 3 to have some trouble with the new models...core problem is their height..therefore I created this addon. I recommend switching to A2 Buldozer until we get new tools.

Contents of message removed.

Edited by Tombguy5
Found the Soultion Myself

Change the shortcut properties by rightclicking it. At the TARGET line, you gotta add these lines (adapt your user, island, mission and directory names ofc):

"F:\GAMES\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "C:\Users\ZeroG\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\EDITOR\missions\editor.zgm_test4_a3\mission.biedi" -nosplash

And yes, you need an empty file (can create it with Windows editor) named mission.biedi. in that directory.

If that doesnt help, try the other instructions on YT or the addon from ARMAHOLIC I mentioned before...

Now that it's working, I open it all up and everything, but is it normal for it to start on Stratis by default? and not some other island like shown in your pictures? ... Or do I use other programs like World Tool and Visitor 3 to get the island started? (complete noob when it comes to making new maps)

Well, you need a raw island and enter its name behind the the dot missions\editor.zgm_test4_a3\mission.biedi

If you dont have another island (which I assume), you start on stratis.

Well, you need a raw island and enter its name behind the the dot missions\editor.zgm_test4_a3\mission.biedi

If you dont have another island (which I assume), you start on stratis.

Here's the thing, I made a mission with missions\Somalia.Somalia\mission.biedi

That's it.

So regardless of the name at the end of the mission file whether it be .Somalia or .random it's always loading Stratis.

I just want a flat piece of land that I can edit to my needs :)

Edited by Tombguy5

Yeah I still haven't figured it out, Think you can help me?

I just want to get a flat piece of land so I can edit on. I've looked at tutorials but none showing how to get a raw, flat island.

You want a flat piece of land to place stuff on and thus you need to create an island like everyone else has to. Follow this tutorial and simply skip the heightmap import - you will have that kind of island in 30 minutes.

Edited by ZeroG

As I got some RL effort atm, I will only be able to add an updated template after the full release. But maybe we get tools right away anyway :)

Ok need some advice, When I place my objects in the 3d Editor and sink them slightly to make them look nice , when i Import them into V3 using REL Height , they are no longer sunk into the ground they are at their highest point , and if i try ABS height they are under the ground completely ?

Any idea how I can import them at the set height value i am using in 3d Editor ?

Thanks

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

Try import via Visitor import script then Export again and then re-import using REL thats what i do , only difference i use GID to place them not the 3d editor , however that shoudnt matter

ah Hbarrier or something

well visitor not accept rotation of that angle and probably the model configged to stay straight so wont be imported any sloping

could be BIS have set it slopeandcontact in geo lod or not , i would suggest you make own model in o2 as placeholder and experiment but i fear its gonna require maybe more work to expect that rotation from export impot script

Edited by Sealife

Normally, everything should be exported, also orientation. Are all objects of that kind elevated? If so, then simply reduce the value in your import script for that object.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

only difference i use GID to place them not the 3d editor

Sealife, could you open up a thread, explaining how you do that? I feel some guys have problems installing inbuilt 3DE with the shortcut, it is a bit unhandy and What-you-see-is-what-you-get-placement is the way map editing should be in the first place...THANKS