Sign in to follow this  
magnum482

I ran the Steam server updater. Why won't our server show up in the browser?

I help with administrating a friend's server and I am trying to get it to show up again in the browser after the patch. We use 'Art of War' servers and in the control panel there is a button called 'Run Steam Update.' I ran it and started the server, but it's not showing up in the browser (not a filters problem, I checked). Is there something else I have to do to make it show up after the patch?

Just check your filters?

I updated both my servers -which enable battle eye,but my servers would'nt show? when i checked my filter ,it was set to show servers without battle eye.

I help with administrating a friend's server and I am trying to get it to show up again in the browser after the patch. We use 'Art of War' servers and in the control panel there is a button called 'Run Steam Update.' I ran it and started the server, but it's not showing up in the browser (not a filters problem, I checked). Is there something else I have to do to make it show up after the patch?

Please read the first post next time.

I did read the 1st post, i was just suggesting from my slight issue that such a simple thing 'could' of been over looked?

Remind me not to bother next time! :rolleyes:

after a server restart check the following

.rpt for mission errors,

1) newly uploaded missions prior to a restart may stop the server from loading

2) BIS patches have been excellent at breaking missions especially from classname changes

Easist way to check this is REMOVE all missions from the MPMissions folder and stop loading any 3rd party addons, then try restarting the server

If that doesnt work, then you need to start looking at configs, firewall rules etc

Terox, it looks like he only has access to a control panel, so I doubt there is much that can be done other than contacting the host. There are so many things that can happen - Game crashing due to various errors (which you can't see without proper access to the server), game not reading your server.cfg to get the correct server name, and maybe other stuff I didn't think about off the top of my head.