Sign in to follow this  
domcho

How to spawn a satchel and detonate it with a trigger????

How do I spawn a satchel charge and then detonate it with a radio trigger?

As far as I know the satchel bomb is nothing more than an object which on touchoff disappears and create a bomb on the same location.

So if you want to do it dynamically, you'd have to use createVehicle and create the satchel charge and use any explosive in combination with createVehicle to fake the "touchoff".

Another way would be using the action "TouchOff", but you need an AI player to do it within a range of 300m of the satchel charge.

Here's a thread with a similar topic which a short search for "Satchel" yielded: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?123412-Can-you-put-a-satchel-down-from-the-editor-and-set-it-to-go-off

If you use any object within the game (me being me, I don't know how to put a satchel down in the editor :(), you can use this little trick I use to make Trigger-activated IED's:

1. Put in the object you want to explode, name it 'ied' or 'bomb' or whatever you want.

2. put a trigger next to it, and give it any conditions you want etc.

3. In the Activation field, put this:

bomb="BO_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle getPos ied;

Where "BO_GBU12_LGB" is the munitions classname (pipebomb does not work I think, it just spawns a satchel) and the 'ied' is the name of the object you want to explode. This could be 'bomb' 'bomber' or anything you want.

Here are some example classnames that you can try:

Huge Explosion: BO_GBU12_LGB

Large Explosion: M_Sidewinder_AA

Medium Explosion: R_SMAW_HEDP

Small Explosion: R_57mm_HE

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you both. You helped me. :bounce3: