Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Bandit

MenuInventory vehicle usage

Using the fantastic MenuInventory respawn template, I can easily define a "vehicle" that I wish to steal some gear from to use as my respawned player's load-out.

What would be ideal, though, is if using this option actually changed the player's vehicle. At the moment, players could be kitted out like a sniper but still, upon another friendly player looking at them, be marked as a "Rifleman".

Would this be a planned feature or is there a reason it isn't already implemented? I'm sure I could fiddle around and get it working this way for myself, but, as Moricky said somewhere, it's not a great idea to create "custom" versions of these functions seeing as they're updated in most patches.

The inventory menu isn't supposed to change the object of the player though. The "vehicle" thing you're talking about is just using the preset equipment for a specific cfgVehicle defined unit, not turning someone into a sniper or whatever. Just lets you have a sniper loadout without typing all the equipment out by hand.

Also shouldn't a 14ft long sniper rifle (and the pilot helmet and AT launcher on the back of course) be enough of a hint that someone is a "sniper" regardless of what a momentary tooltip says?

The inventory menu isn't supposed to change the object of the player though.

I know that; I'm suggesting it might be a good idea if it did. The issue isn't necessarily appearances. In my particular case, I was wanting to use conditionals based on player models ("B_soldier_F", "B_medic_F" etc), though to do so I have to use setVariable/getVariable to assign player "roles".

I'm aware of the current functionality of the function and the "vehicle" parameter; I'm suggesting it might be a good idea to extend it. :)