Sign in to follow this  
pawelkpl

So it is year 2035 and no Exoskeleton (Human Universal Load Carrier) yet ?

Where can I buy this? I need it for hiking in the austrian mountains in two weeks. :D

Voted up!

Add a model for that + A2 movement\animation + A3 current weight limits. Done!

This probably wont because it would require too many resources, mostly, a lot of animation, and it's kinda too futuristic for the tastes of many players

This probably wont because it would require too many resources, mostly, a lot of animation, and it's kinda too futuristic for the tastes of many players

:D The last one makes me chuckle.

I would like to see lots of things in A3, and this would be cool, however I would leave this for a DLC.

I would like to see lots of things in A3, and this would be cool, however I would leave this for a DLC.

Agreed.

Great idea for a DLC. This and a big dog equivalent carrying robot (

) would be great features on such a huge terrain.

Great idea for a DLC. This and a big dog equivalent carrying robot (
) would be great features on such a huge terrain.

Great idea? you dont know how it is to be a soldier behind enemy lines right? i mean Exoskelets are EXTREMLY expensive,and even in the year 2035 i guess only Sergeant Major or Captain in the ARMY of the different countrys would get there hands on this kind of equipment.

*snip*

Also only a few regiments would get this kind of a equipment like Mountain Division of the US army,cause there you could need Exoskelets or a mule to bring the gear up the mountain.But behind enemy lines equipment like the one in the video would be way to dangerous to use.

Edited by Deadfast
Removed off-topic and inflammatory part of the post

Don't forget jetpacks and nuclear grenades. To be serious...just look at how much experimental stuff was developed and scrapped after WW2. Western Armies today basically use the same stuff as back in the 80's, the only real difference is the wider spread of NVGs and heavier body armour and the use of 5.56x45. The rest is just fancy BDU cuts, fancy camo pattern and MOLLE that might let you look more modern but technically is nothing but a fashion trend.

Great idea? you dont know how it is to be a soldier behind enemy lines right? i mean Exoskelets are EXTREMLY expensive,and even in the year 2035 i guess only Sergeant Major or Captain in the ARMY of the different countrys would get there hands on this kind of equipment.

Also this robot aka carrrier mule is the biggest shit i have EVER seen,seriously only americans can be so smart to build up a carrier system,that makes sounds so LOUD like a chainsaw.Telling the enemy hey guys here we are just hear and kill us.

This is also just a little example,why we Germans nearly allways win training battles against the US and French army.In on of our trainings the US soldiers seriously used head/weapon flashlights on there Patrol,in no time dead through fire from a MG-3.

Or also an example the french troops,on there boots they have a little metal bucket,if you dont wear the boots right you can easily whipe out your squad cause the enemy can hear the metal bucket from there boots.All of these little things must be calculated

in the development progress of the equipment.

Also only a few regiments would get this kind of a equipment like Mountain Division of the US army,cause there you could need Exoskelets or a mule to bring the gear up the mountain.But behind enemy lines equipment like the one in the video would be way to dangerous to use.

I don't you are right. But I know about engineering and how fast technology evolves. Big dog is still an ongoing project and as battery capacity increases, one may expect these robots to be driven by electrical motors in the near future. This is just one method to make them more silent. Another thing is how the price of technology decreases as we learn how to produce it smaller, faster and cheaper. I don't see any obstacles in the US or any other army utilizing this kind of technology in the near future, even before 2035.

I would assume most missions in A3 dont last for weeks/months . Why would you need so much heavy gear that you need a exoskeleton ?

And while there has been many exoskeleton programs befor and other super futeristic programs , the soldier is pretty close to WW2 like somebody ells mentioned . Seems to

be going in the droid path more then super soldier

Lets not start an argument on how 'futuristic' ARMA3 is or should be. I agree with the comment re nothing has changed much in the last 20-30 years for infantry ie. similar rifles, NVGs, maybe scopes/attachments, new camo patterns for the US army/USMC but what else has changed? I for one would've hoped they kept everything in 2013 but eh thats just me.

exo is not the future gentlemen.....this is ;)

Ah the days when you could make a dodgy movie and phone Gary Busey to be the lead bad guy... ;)

Looks awesome! I just worry it would not be able to be implemented properly given ArmA's terrain.

Ah the days when you could make a dodgy movie and phone Gary Busey to be the lead bad guy... ;)

very true mate ;) perhaps i need tobe more realistic ;) good news..after were dead will be brought back....perfect! with an accent as well :)

I would assume most missions in A3 dont last for weeks/months . Why would you need so much heavy gear that you need a exoskeleton ?

And while there has been many exoskeleton programs befor and other super futeristic programs , the soldier is pretty close to WW2 like somebody ells mentioned . Seems to

be going in the droid path more then super soldier

Youre right. soldiers can carry 200+kg of gear. No need for exoskeletons when we are already supersoldiers.

Yeah, then watch this thing take a bullet. That's like 2million dollars down the drain. To expensive for the military, chances are they'll never use it. Plus this isn't Halo or Xcom, this is Arma, a realistic military simulator. BTW do you see how much that thing cover the body? It would mean carrying less stuff + sacrificing your flak/bulletproof vest for something that makes you lift more stuff.

So this is how mech suits start... first it starts as a sturdy frame and by 2080 theyll fully enclose you like a suit of armor except bullet proof

in japan, they are already using exoes, for warehouse and other heavy weight work, so yeah, exos kinda got out of my mind, but true is, in year 2035, i can imagine, a much wider usage of them by armies.

>Implying SGM's ever go outside the wire...

But behind enemy lines equipment like the one in the video would be way to dangerous to use.

How so? the AI is already pretty good, it can follow individuals and could be made to be near silent.

It's a nice idea, although little bit too futuristic for my tastes. I can definitely see the applications for such a system though, and I'm not saying it'll never be adopted, but I guess it all comes down to personal taste at the end of the day.

This thread is silly and full of self indulgence.

could make thousand of these...

"So it is year 2035 and no" + randomfeature + "yet?";

like people owe you something.

/innuendohatred

Edited by defk0n_NL