Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

Bought my dream handgun

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean one part of you wants to run off and buy the biggest baddest gun there is while the other part is terrified of giving somebody with german ancestry a weapon <span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

In Colorado there is no wait, no tests, only need a permit if you want to carry concealed (not allowed in Denver/Metro area).

What were on the screens in the office, it looks like you were watching the matrix or something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What were on the screens in the office, it looks like you were watching the matrix or something.

<span id='postcolor'>

No, just a Matrix code screensaver.

look at his office: in the right screen you see he is watching the fitness-videos with nice chicks! smile.gif

That is in fact a nice topic. Unfortunately I have no damm clue about handguns and their performance sad.gif . But I like design and I am sure many of you fall in love with a gun especially because of it appearance and sound. (I know USB and Denoir will insist that this is not the case, but hey, we are all the same). tounge.gif I will look up a few guns and tonight I will post my prefered handgun (and it must be a normal handgun available on the market, not some futuristic secret stuff!wink.gif. So keep this thread open will ya.

Ralph, you cracked me up with the "only one gun per month" biggrin.gif . What is the average consumption of handguns in your district?

I bet you are following the Lost Brothers mod very close then, since they are making some cool HK packs.

Here s one that should interest you dunno if it s the same since i m totaly not into weapons ( IRL that is, except paintball markers which i have 3 of now  tounge.gif  )

socom1.jpg

Some other, just links

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

This mod is just so cool, also some really cool soldier models.

Good choice USSoldier11B looks nice.

I've wanted a Linda pistol for long as I can remember. I got to start hunting for one again sad.gifLINDA PISTOL

Walther P-99's aren't German made, they're made by Smith & Wesson. HK, Sig, and Glock make far more reliable and accurate guns than Walther... but I guess whatever suits you suits you. I like the Walther PPK, it's pretty fun to shoot.

handgun of my dreams is a .50 desert eagle w/ a TNC finish that won't jam or break after you empty the first clip. but thats not possible. so i kinda want my uncles authentic WWI German Luger that even has the origonal holster w/ the signature of the officiers name written under the leather flap.

i just hope he hasn't given it away already.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 05 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Coinciding with my 21st birthday was my eligibilty to become a field agent for my company, therefor requiring to purchase a duty weapon. Sorry, I don't have an actually picture of my pistol, but this will do.

HK USP 40. biggrin.gif

usp40utl_lg.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Congratulations on the birthday present you bought yourself, you've made an excellent choice (IMHO).

I have two H&K USPs in .40S&W myself, one full-size with pre-ban magazines, and one compact with 10-rounders. Both are Variant 1 (Controls on left side, Double Action with SAFE position and Decocking Lever) -- which one did you get?

how easy is it to take the gun apart, clean it, and than put it back together again? is it as simple as the Sig Sauger is? that gun comes apart in like 6 peices.

All you have to do is push the slide back about a quarter of an inch, and push out the slide release that locks the slide back on an empty magazine.

Once that is done, the slide slides off to the front, and the barrel and recoil springs (or single spring, in the case of the USP Compact) can be removed.

Field stripping is really easy and quick, and as with any good handgun, no tools are required.

wspud.jpg

and this is what ur lookin at gettin if u come from where i live.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (billytran @ Aug. 06 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Walther P-99's aren't German made, they're made by Smith & Wesson.  HK, Sig, and Glock make far more reliable and accurate guns than Walther... but I guess whatever suits you suits you.  I like the Walther PPK, it's pretty fun to shoot.<span id='postcolor'>

I am always wonder if people dig up such information from some dubious source or if they simply make it up.

This is what my Walther has to say about it:

p99ger.jpg

If you need me to read it for you it says:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Carl Walther Arnsberg

Made in Germany

<span id='postcolor'>

From http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/2188/new.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Walther/Smith&Wesson Joint Venture

Published in the July issue of HANDGUNS magazine is the introduction of the SW99. A joint effort between S&W and Walther GmßH to produce an "Americanized" P99. The frames for this SW99 are produced by Walther in Ulm, and the barrel and slide are produced by S&W. Design of the frame has been cosmetically changed, though functions the same as the original German product. The trigger gaurd has been rounded, and the stippling, and frontstrap grooving has been altered. The slide release is now surrounded by a small molding of polymer to keep the dreaded slide-lock from occuring during recoil. Walther has also modified the accesory rails to a Weaver-like configuration to accept a wider variety of clamp on accesories.

The slide by Smith looks nothing like the original German P99. Though I do like the front slide serrations. I couldn't describe the look of this slide, you'll have to find a copy of the review and see for yourself. The controls and indicators function as the original and are in the original locations. The article states that Smith wanted something that would appeal to the American sense of asthetics when the slide was re-designed. The jury is still out on that one. The article is quite in-depth, so if you are interested in this new pistol, I would try and locate a copy to read yourself. Suggested retail is 735.00. This pistol is a long time in coming, I just didn't think it would look like this.

<span id='postcolor'>

There clearly is a connection between Walther and Smith & Wesson, but the original P99 is made entirely in Germany.

I didnt even know you where allowed to own a handgun in sweden, what did it cost you Denoir?

Does any danes in here know anything about danish gunlaws? Cause i havent got a clue confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Aug. 06 2002,23:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didnt even know you where allowed to own a handgun in sweden, what did it cost you Denoir?<span id='postcolor'>

Too much sad.gif

I bought a new one in Sweden for about 8000 kr = 800 € = $800 approx.

Originally I got one in Kosovo on the black market for under 100 € but I didn't want to smuggle it into Sweden. A 100 mm tank shell casing was enough weapons trafficing for me smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Aug. 06 2002,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/2188/new.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Walther/Smith&Wesson Joint Venture

Published in the July issue of HANDGUNS magazine is the introduction of the SW99. A joint effort between S&W and Walther GmßH to produce an "Americanized" P99. The frames for this SW99 are produced by Walther in Ulm, and the barrel and slide are produced by S&W. Design of the frame has been cosmetically changed, though functions the same as the original German product. The trigger gaurd has been rounded, and the stippling, and frontstrap grooving has been altered. The slide release is now surrounded by a small molding of polymer to keep the dreaded slide-lock from occuring during recoil. Walther has also modified the accesory rails to a Weaver-like configuration to accept a wider variety of clamp on accesories.

The slide by Smith looks nothing like the original German P99. Though I do like the front slide serrations. I couldn't describe the look of this slide, you'll have to find a copy of the review and see for yourself. The controls and indicators function as the original and are in the original locations. The article states that Smith wanted something that would appeal to the American sense of asthetics when the slide was re-designed. The jury is still out on that one. The article is quite in-depth, so if you are interested in this new pistol, I would try and locate a copy to read yourself. Suggested retail is 735.00. This pistol is a long time in coming, I just didn't think it would look like this.

<span id='postcolor'>

There clearly is a connection between Walther and Smith & Wesson, but the original P99 is made entirely in Germany.<span id='postcolor'>

SW99:

sw99.jpg

Oh dear. What have they done to the poor gun ?? confused.gif

I mean...compared to the original:

waltherp99.jpg

Actually, I must admit that I like the idea of having serrations on the front of the slide -- I grip the front of the slide from underneath when checking the status of the chamber on pistols (by pinching the slide between the thumb and index finger). I've even considered having serrations added to the front of my USPs, and then having them refinished.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Aug. 06 2002,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, I must admit that I like the idea of having serrations on the front of the slide -- I grip the front of the slide from underneath when checking the status of the chamber on pistols (by pinching the slide between the thumb and index finger). I've even considered having serrations added to the front of my USPs, and then having them refinished.<span id='postcolor'>

Aha, a true weapon connoisseur. I grab the top of the slide with my hand and pull it back to check the chamber smile.gif

Edit: Nope, I don't. I thought I did but I tested it now and I use the thumb and the index finger on the serrations on the back of the slide to pull it back.

I use the thumb and index finger of the supporting hand to pinch the sides of the slide from below. It requires the least amount of hand movement, keeps the firing hand completely in control, and lets you keep the gun at a low ready from where you can bring it back on target very quickly. It doesn't require you to tilt the gun up (unsafe) or twist it sideways (slow) to look into the chamber.

Try it sometime, I think you'll appreciate the advantages.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 06 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear. What have they done to the poor gun ?? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

simple. Re-made in USA tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 07 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 06 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear. What have they done to the poor gun ?? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

simple. Re-made in USA  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which means it should self destruct about 3 weeks after it's warranty runs out biggrin.gif

At least it doesnt have pin stripes biggrin.gif