Sign in to follow this  
EliteSniper

A.I Sight

So yesterday I was having fun creating a new mission till I previewed it. I put a vehicle about 400/500m away from the hill I was on. Long story short, I was in the forest covered by trees and didn't fire a shot at all. All of a sudden the MK-82 vehicle starts lighting me up from 500meters away and I'm in a forest and can't see it, but it can see me? Does line of sight not have a say in this game?

Another thing. Why is it that when I fire a sniper rifle from a far distance of like 700meters away, while prone, how does the A.I know where I am after 1 shot? Then it turns around and aims it's AR with iron sights on me, and 2 hit kills me. (yes, I was in a ghillie suit.)

I think these could do with a nice fix before the game is released.

Found a post over 3 years ago with the same name, but the last reply was 3 years ago.

Sounds to me like you need to lower the ai skill settings. Or try a mod that does that, like Zeus or the likes...

Sounds to me like you need to lower the ai skill settings. Or try a mod that does that, like Zeus or the likes...

They are usually at 50% or 75%, and I shouldn't need a mod to make the A.I work. Isn't this what I'm paying for? A game that works? If I wanted to use mod, I would've waiting a year before buying so I didn't spend $45 on a broken A.I.

They are usually at 50% or 75%, and I shouldn't need a mod to make the A.I work. Isn't this what I'm paying for? A game that works? If I wanted to use mod, I would've waiting a year before buying so I didn't spend $45 on a broken A.I.

You don't need a mod buddy. Use the difficulty settings in game.

Tyl3r99 above is right. They are working hard on AI atm, so put your observations to good use in that thread. And i agree, this is what a mod-free game should provide, ideally.

Arma AI has always been a bit weird when it comes to spotting you. Sometimes you'll be right up under their noses and they'll just stare ahead, other times you'll be behind several trees and they'll gun you down before you even expose yourself visibly. I'm grown accustomed to it by trying to make missions that don't rely so much on stealth or anything. You could try lowering the AI difficulty a bit, but even then, it's pretty much up to chance a lot of the time.