Sign in to follow this  
zephyrsouza

Warhammer 40,000 Arma 3 Conversion Mod

From the creators of OFPWH40K we are presenting our plans for moving to ArmA 3.

For several years we have debated transferring the mod from OFP (ArmA) to ArmA 2. The timing and game never felt right for this mod. With the recent release of ArmA 3 Beta and the coming Official release we have decided to continue developing the mod. Below this post is a series of videos, and pictures of current work, or work already completed.

How can you help?

We are looking for likeminded individuals to assist in the development of this mod:

Modelers

Scripters

Animators

Map developers

How to get in contact?

Simply leave me a PM here on the forums and we can discuss things further.

What's it going to include?

This mod will be doing its best include all ranges of races and weaponry from warhammer 40,000.

Races - Races will be released in stages

Imperial Guard (Regiments/Chapter/Warbands/Worlds etc. will vary)

Space Marines

Sister Of battle

Chaos Space Marines

Legions of Chaos

Orks

Tau

Eldar

Dark Eldar

Necrons

Tyranids

Weapons - This is just a short list, more will be added ingame as we get them done

Las Cannon

Las Rifle

Multi Melta

Melta

Autocannon

Bolter

Heavy Bolter

Plasma weapons

Missile Launcher

Etc.

Vehicles - This is just a short list, more will be added ingame as we get them done

Leman Russ (All different variants)

Hellhounds

Chimera

Basilisks

Dreadnoughts

Hellfires

Thunderhawks

Baneblade

Titans - hopefully

Tau Battlesuits

and many more

Media and video *Note all models and images are in alpha form still*

http://i.imgur.com/UXLEBnoh.jpg (123 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/eCI0wOB.jpg (142 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/QZIHoofh.png (106 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/Bs64lER.jpg (113 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/FRHexr2.jpg (113 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/1Mna5m3.jpg (237 kB)

Rest of Album

Edited by zephyrsouza
Added Images and Video

Just awesome! Can't wait for you guys to get the first beta out!

Just one request: Please do some Space Hulk missions! Would love to see CQB / VBSS type missions in Space!

Just awesome! Can't wait for you guys to get the first beta out!

Just one request: Please do some Space Hulk missions! Would love to see CQB / VBSS type missions in Space!

We will keep that request in mind, right now getting some basic stuff in first is our main priority. We would like to have a playable version of the mod soon.

Glorious. Do you know that there is some other group that wants to do WH40K ?

Edited by frostwyrm333

Glorious. Do you know that there is some other group that wants to do WH40K ?

We are aware of this. We are hopping to be able to collaborate our efforts. We have sent a message to the other team so lets hope we can speed this process up with some good old ArmA teamwork.

I would be Honoured to help with this project , it inspired me from OFP days Ladie in Hell etc , the videos were beyon there time .

Good to see an Arma 3 Warhammer mod going, huge Warhammer fan here - I actually run a Warhammer 40k gaming clan (www.battle-brothers.net).

I don't have any experience in modding but if I can help I will do my best :)

Are the guys from ofp still here, like ladyinhell ?

Lady is around, though he can't access this forum due to him being banned...

Shame, he's a nice fella.

Are you working together with these guys?

But already two topics about 40K so this sounds like 40K in Arma 3 is going to happen :yay:

Are the guys from ofp still here, like ladyinhell ?

Yes they currently are.

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Are you working together with these guys?

But already two topics about 40K so this sounds like 40K in Arma 3 is going to happen :yay:

We are hoping to combine our efforts.

Has there been any progress on getting something into A3? I saw the pic of the guardsmen with armor + weaponry from A2.

What is the starting point here? Guardsmen first? Or just very basic content from a faction or two?

Has there been any progress on getting something into A3? I saw the pic of the guardsmen with armor + weaponry from A2.

What is the starting point here? Guardsmen first? Or just very basic content from a faction or two?

We are focusing purely on Imperial guard. All items will have to be made from scratch to avoid any copyright issues. Nothing will be ported cause itll look terrible.

Ahh so no plans for Greater Good?

We plan to add tau at a later date. We are releasing content in packs. Imperial guard packs, tau packs, chaos etc.

We are releasing content in packs. Imperial guard packs, tau packs, chaos etc.

Sorry to say, but it sounds quite like a rush job.

If i look at this boy's detail level and that of the tabletop model, with keeping in mind that the tabletop model is not bigger then a shoebox but the ingame model will be ~6.3m high and 8.4m wide to the observer, and yet the 3D model has way less details ... that's going to look very bland and detailless. If the Arma 3 default ground texture will be more detailed then your multi-story building vehicle, there is something wrong imo. Additionally the proportions of many of the shown models are off.

I would like to see a little bit more emphasis on detail level, rather then raw numbers of models and races. Because quite frankly - this is Arma 3 and not OFP, unless you replace all game assetts this will look very bad when paired because of the lower quality. I'm interested in working on a w40k mod as a modeller, but only if the quality can remotely match up to Arma 3...

If you are looking for additional help you could check out these guy's serpentthegreen and ld810103 models. Not sure what motivated them to make the models, but maybe they could be interested in helping, or allowing you to take models. If that fails you can still use them as inspiration source.

Also, just because you make your own models doesn't protect you from copyright issues. Gamesworkshop has the right to shut down your mod at any time, and if you are doing low quality job, it is more likely -because they don't want bad quality representing their IP. They did shut down an fanmade space marine film because of that.

Edited by Fennek

Sorry to say, but it sounds quite like a rush job.

If i look at this boy's detail level and that of the tabletop model, with keeping in mind that the tabletop model is not bigger then a shoebox but the ingame model will be ~6.3m high and 8.4m wide to the observer, and yet the 3D model has way less details ... that's going to look very bland and detailless. If the Arma 3 default ground texture will be more detailed then your multi-story building vehicle, there is something wrong imo. Additionally the proportions of many of the shown models are off.

I would like to see a little bit more emphasis on detail level, rather then raw numbers of models and races. Because quite frankly - this is Arma 3 and not OFP, unless you replace all game assetts this will look very bad when paired because of the lower quality. I'm interested in working on a w40k mod as a modeller, but only if the quality can remotely match up to Arma 3...

If you are looking for additional help you could check out these guy's serpentthegreen and ld810103 models. Not sure what motivated them to make the models, but maybe they could be interested in helping, or allowing you to take models. If that fails you can still use them as inspiration source.

Also, just because you make your own models doesn't protect you from copyright issues. Gamesworkshop has the right to shut down your mod at any time, and if you are doing low quality job, it is more likely -because they don't want bad quality representing their IP. They did shut down an fanmade space marine film because of that.

We have already been in contact with GW and are aware they can yank the plug at anytime. All models are in alpha stages and are not complete. Some are a little bit dated as being made in ArmA 2 which has lower poly count. If any other concerns are so pressing please feel free to PM me.

Hej, there are some guys looking on that mod, it looks nice, are there some new pictures or screenshots to show? A new status?

What we can see now from OFP looks really nice. Hope you port this completely to ArmA III.

Greets

this is going to be so sick. hit me upif you need any modelling work done ;) be glad to help, wanted this to happen for a long long time^^

Well, no answer for nearly half a year and still a lot of people would like to know whats up with the mod.

Again "lot of talking, doing nothing" or something else? Unofrtunately it looks like that... to bad.

I mean, here is also someone who offered to help and he got no answer (well, not in the forum and so we don't know...)

Also, talked to GW already and then there is no homepage, or is it that forum ( http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/index/ ) ?

Where you started in Juny 2013 with the Mod for ArmA 2? (Videos pointing to Ladie from Hell)

And whats about the other mod? Was it possible to merge?

You should consider entering the Make Arma Not War total conversion competition. Look at how well it is doing for Iron Front :)

Well, no answer for nearly half a year and still a lot of people would like to know whats up with the mod.

Again "lot of talking, doing nothing" or something else? Unofrtunately it looks like that... to bad.

I mean, here is also someone who offered to help and he got no answer (well, not in the forum and so we don't know...)

Also, talked to GW already and then there is no homepage, or is it that forum ( http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/index/ ) ?

Where you started in Juny 2013 with the Mod for ArmA 2? (Videos pointing to Ladie from Hell)

And whats about the other mod? Was it possible to merge?

Well it's quite simple actually, people have RL and stuff to do. LFH and the other dudes are still around, they'd just need more help (which is also said in the opening post). Especially important would be somebody with experience in O2 and infantry / vehicle rigging / modelling.

I was part of the A2/A3 Wh40k team (retired / on leave) and managed to create an allright alpha for Imperial Guardsman + Bloodpact Infantry units based on some of LFH models.

I'd have loved to do more, but RL can be a royal pain in the arse.

• Like 1

For the record: this mod team has ceased to exist. Mostly because of RL stuff.

anyone doing wh40k for a2/3 then? Fenneck can you help me, im doing a simalar project. but probably not such a huge ambitious scale as this team had :)

anyone doing wh40k for a2/3 then? Fenneck can you help me, im doing a simalar project. but probably not such a huge ambitious scale as this team had :)

This mod is sadly dead for now, knowing the dev team they all got hit hard with RL problems. Here is a link to the ArmA 2 version thats still in alpha. http://s1.zetaboards.com/OFPWH40K/topic/5150960/1/