Sign in to follow this  
sofianebilal

Night is too bright after 0.55 dev

Hello ! :)

it's been 3 months that the situation did not change for those who attend on the alpha version and more precisely before DEV version 0.55, it will be noticed that the night is spent of realistic night sky is black, has too bright where

night you can see at long distance!

I do not know why it was not changed all this time , which is , I think it's just a matter of adjustment and tweaking

i put a screen for shown to:

July 6th, 2035 at 23.59 night with moon

http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-1374698482-arma3-2013-07-24-20-58-19-87-bmp.jpg

you can see on this screen we have no difficulty to see at a great distance , and the sky seems too bright

July 27th, 2035 at 23.59 moonless night

http://www.noelshack.com/2013-30-1374698462-arma3-2013-07-24-20-57-55-06-bmp.jpg

on this picture you can see a clear differnce between the sky and the ground

Note: if you superimposed the two screen or if you made ​​defilé fast enough you will notice the sky of night without the moon is the same as that with moon , and that is too bright

moonless night version before 0.55 DEV :

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/3420/pleiadesd.jpg

real night with moon :

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-jZVIRamknA/TMh6Q2-GpgI/AAAAAAAAAXw/5jCkAI4xiKM/s1600/007.JPG

we can clearly see that the night before the DEV 0.55 was very close to reality

Here is a ticket about it

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7612

please DEV fix this issue !

thank you :)

Edited by sofianebilal

Agree, that blue light all around is too "Hollywood filters", it should be more desaturated. The night atmosphere was much creepier in ArmA 1 where everything was black and grey. Also closer to real.

Well for me it's the opposite, I think the nights are too dark. Can't please them all, huh. :)

Correct your brightness and gamma settings.

yes!

it there's been a very clear change between 0.54 and 0.55

the sky change from black to blue bright (no moon)

Except the version number is 0.74 currently... Maybe +.0* on the dev version. Where did you take your version number?

He means that after 0.55 and beyond we've seen this issue... as in, it's been present since then and it's not just from the beta.

I see. You prefer when the moon and stars have no effects and everything is pitch black and unrealistic? I remember how it was then and it was unplayable without NVGs. I prefer how it is now. But then that's just me.

sorry , but this is really not realistic that is played in a too bright environment where night looks like twilight !

I think it's pretty accurate. The photo you posted of the moon at night is a terrible example. That picture was taken with presumably a fast shutter speed, which would quickly "blind" the sensor and darken everything except the bright moon and reflection. The human eye is much better than a camera sensor at picking up variations in light much faster. To get a realistic example, you'd need a night shot with a slow shutter speed.

Edited by Nicholas

I think it's pretty accurate. The photo you posted of the moon at night is a terrible example. That picture was taken with presumably a fast shutter speed, which would quickly "blind" the sensor and darken everything except the bright moon and reflection. The human eye is much better than a camera sensor at picking up variations in light much faster. To get a realistic example, you'd need a night shot with a slow shutter speed.

yes I agree , I know the night with moon is dark blue rather than completely dark .

and I gives this photo (from internet) like a small simple example for demonstrates that the real night is not as bright as in the game .

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Perhaps he is using a 'non legit' version!

I have paid for my game and it's the same as the one you have

This was taken by a friend of mine a couple of nights ago. There was nothing like a blue light, the blue light only occurs sometimes when the sky is very clear, in the moon direction at horizont.

th_moon2_zps4e3a6dc2.jpg

(click to enlarge)

The problem is that in ArmA EVERYTHING is blue, if any of you guys see the night like bellow most likely you have some color vision deficiency issue.

th_1374698482-arma3-2013-07-24-20-58-19-87-bmp_zps0725d415.jpg

ArmA 1 Night, far more realistic:

th_arma1night_zpsb4329102.jpg

Edited by afp

I can say that full moon nights here are very similar to A3.

There won't be a blue light if you look directly at the moon. -_- The same way everything turns darker around you if you look directly at something bright. Please leave lighting stuff to people who have a clue how it works. The devs have a habit of asking relevant people how stuff works so don't you worry, they'll make changes if there is need for change.

The devs have a habit of asking relevant people how stuff works so don't you worry, they'll make changes if there is need for change.

Oh, I wonder who they asked about the ability to carry a cow on your back, or that an SMG handles the same as a 50cal sniper in CQB, or even that the sun doesnt blind you..

Oh, I wonder who they asked about the ability to carry a cow on your back, or that an SMG handles the same as a 50cal sniper in CQB, or even that the sun doesnt blind you..

I personally haven't been able to carry that kind of weight in-game. Do you have an example for me?

For the CQB stuff: Any suggestions on how to make it more realistic? Personally i'd add some weight effect by putting a dead zone for the mouse for the snipers. Maybe it's planned.

The sun does blind you in first person if you look at it. Not as much as in Arma 2 but then in A2 it was a bit abusive. All about tweaking.

It's all off topic though since we're on lighting but i agree that not everything in A3 is ultra realistic. But then BI keeps repeating that they don't want a full on simulator.

For the light stuff... at least bring real valid examples of SIMILAR situations. A picture looking directly at the moon versus one where there is no moon... not a proper comparison.

Excuse me sir, you see everything blue if not looking at the moon?

A very dark blue depending on the hours yes. A lighter blue on the horizon where the sun is too.

Edit: You do understand that i'm talking in the setting of an island like stratis that is in the middle on the sea and that has no big city with a bunch of big lights in it.

If you compare the sky of a city like New-York with the sky of a small town or even the sky you'd see in a dark forest... not the same. Get out of the big towns and you'll see the sky change color. Go in a big city and then the sky will be pitch black with barely a few stars.

Edited by Kemeros