Sign in to follow this  
Mansen

Weapon and attachment overview?

For those of us who haven't served in the forces, or have intimate knowledge of each weapon and attachment type possible - is there an overview of a guide?

Why should I pick rifle A instead of rifle B? Why won't the SMG's zero in properly? What different does it make if I am using the Rifle40AFM or the ...40FKM.

You have the ingame Field Manual to check some informations on weapons, vehicles and so. Very nice I may add, general information about game machanics and tips. Worth spend some time reading there.

Right now the main difference between rifles\SMGs is damage and max range, which are determinated by ammo configs, and recoil. No difference in turn rate, CQB use (clipping), going ADS or anything. Sadly, simples as that.

Edited by Smurf

hmm I may have misunderstood :D

Edited by Masharra

There isn't a cone of fire, just recoil which points your barrel in another direction. (maybe for GMG and likes, but the diff downrange is so little that it is insignificant)

Sounds and muzzleflashes can be managed with supressors and yet to come muzzle brakes (if those are not axed :j:). Rate of fire, reload, ammo count are just weapons\magazines characteristics; no point in taking of weapon as "the best".

What I'm trying to say is: There is no reason to pick an SMG over a rifle in CQB, for example.