Sign in to follow this  
isemii

ARMA: CWA Buldozer error: Bad serial key given in setup

Hello. Today I decided to install Oxygen and, by extension, Buldozer/the Oxygen viewer. After a few installation niggles, I managed to get to the stage I'm at now- upon running Objektiv2Light, Oxygen itself loads fine, but Buldozer loads for about a second and then closes with the error message "Bad serial number given in setup". I only have the Steam digital download version of ARMA: CWA, and have tried every possible fix that I could find, both on these forums and abroad. Any help that can be given on the subject, if any, is greatly appreciated; thank you.

You need to have a working installation of the original Operation Flashpoint (not CWA) for Buldozer to work.

Ah. Well that's a kick in the teeth. I guess there are no alternatives? Thanks for clearing things up, anyway.

I had a similar issue yesterday, I bought OFP back in 2001 when it was released but have lost my original CD (having version 1.00 installed seemed to make buldozer work fine)

Now I only had Arma CWC 1.99 on my system yesterday, when 1.99 was first released standalone I downloaded it and my original OFP CD-Key worked for it, I actually memorised it years ago because i'm sad.

I downloaded a torrent for OFP game of the year edition and installed it with my original genuine CD key, (If you have an ARMA:CWA one from Steam (right click view CD Key) I believe this will work too) this made Buldozer launch perfectly with no issues at all.  I believe this is because it adds OperationFlashpoint to your system registry.

Now before anyone tells me off for using a torrent site i'd like to point out that IF you have a genuine CD-Key I consider this to be perfectly legal as you have already paid for the product, and that it is to fix an issue inherent with the current version of o2 & buldozer available for anyone who wants to edit or create models for this game, not letting people do so should be considered a crime!. Also there is nothing to gain from an antiquated version of the same software. I'm also fairly certain that since it's released as a standalone download and the original license states that back-ups can be made. I don't see any difference from burning a backup CD of the game way back in 2001 to downloading a back up and installing it. 

People who pirate it though deserve to FADE ;)

sorry for the waffle I work in Law.