chops

Arleigh Burke class destroyer

If your full plan for the ship goes through (walk able interiors and a hangar for soldiers to prepare) I could turn this into a mini campaign in which the player could ready up on board the ship. A fair way off I know but an interesting idea, eh?

And those helicopters don't actually look that bad ;)

Edited by SidanHeath
Added sentence

Hey Chops,

TFMamba would love to have access to this. We would log bugs and put it through testing if you'd like. PM me if your interested.

DDG-1000 is a gimmick that costs twice as much as a Burke. Whatever has been appropriated so far is all they will make, while they're planning on 40+ new Burke builds.

Ticonderoga's will still be around during the timeframe the A3 story takes place in. All VLS CG-47s have been upgraded to add another 35 years of service life.

Just sayin'...

Yes you are correct. But do to the structure of my project being based upon a Carrier Strike Force, it is vitally important that I have a set of Naval Gun fire support to cover 59 +/- nmi for my Marines.

Do you mean an Iowa?

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Does an 80 pound, 5 inch HE round qualify as 'light artillery'?

Compared to proper naval artillery, such as the Mk.VII 16"/50, which fires a 1,900 pound, 16" HE round, or a 2,750 pound 16" AP round, no. Compared to stuff that the USN has in active service at the moment, yes. Sadly.

Iowa FTW

My clan is in progress of planing our next campaign. And we would very much like to be based on a ship. Whats the status on this ship, and when can we see a playable release?

Like so many people before you that have asked I'll reply. If there is news he will post it. If not don't ask.

Bump?
YESPLEASE!!! What happened to this!?

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

Source: Forum rules

Thank you.

Here is somethnig that you may be interested in.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170227-AttachToWithMovement-Walkable-Vehicle-Interriors-and-Exterirors

Entails the ability to walk on ship WHILE in motion. Combine this with the helicopter being able to land while moving, and you got yourself one hell of a Naval ship. Not sure what the status of the script for this is, but it's worth getting in contact with ProGamer if your really wanting to blow people's minds with what you got here. Great work, keep it up. Regards.

where is the DL for this? is it finished?

You dug up a 2.5 year old thread?? That could be a record.

AFAIK this mod was never released. The closest thing available is probably the frigate in CUP.

• Like 5