Sign in to follow this  
comp_uter15776

[MP][TVT 8/Side][DEV] 5 Sector Control Mission

6r03.png

Hey all,

I bring you my second public mission in the form of a new Sector Control mode. I've slogged away for the whole of a day, and although taking less time than I did on GHD, I can assure you it has been no less challenging, or pleasurable. This mission features 5 locations, BLUFOR holding the airbase and OPFOR at Kamino. Each team has 200 tickets, this will count down automatically upon gaining or losing sectors. The maximum tick is 5/minute (that's 1 ticket every minute if you held each base), and there are a few units at the bases to aid your travels.

These are; for BLUFOR:

2x CH-49 Mohawk (no GH's for balancing purposes, I didn't want to have to put in Orcas with DAGRs)

2x Hunter (no wep)

1x Quadbike

OPFOR:

2x PO-30 Orca (Black version)

2x Ifrit (no wep)

1x Quadbike

I would just like to take the time now to say this was a requested mission and these were the units and locations stated. If you would like your own flavour of this mission, I encourage you to do one of two things:

a) Open up the PBOs for yourself (I never encrypt them) and take a look at how I've set mine up, or:

b) Ask politely in PM for me to tweak it for you.

Again, this is distributed under CC License with Attributing and Share-Alike. If you do wish to modify my mission(s), I am perfectly fine for you to do so, but please just PM me first, I will probably say yes anyway though. If you would leave in the original author and other identifying information that would be perfect too. IF you have any doubts, just PM and I shall be happy to talk it over with you.

THERE IS ONE VERSION ONLY (V2):

-VAS

-NO VAS

Runs Stable or Dev ONLY.

Please reply with anything you could think I could do better, or what you think I did well! It's all part of the learning experience :) (Just try and be constructive)

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qksatf84l33ny5b/TheDennisV2.zip

Armaholic: Soon!

Changelog:

23rd July 2013 - V1.0 - RELEASE

31st July 2013 - V2.0 - See the post below made today as well.

Known Issues:

-When a Sector is captured, there would be an information box saying which base has been captured and to whom. This is now blank. I believe this is an unfortunate consequence of using the "Expression" field, which is unavoidable. I hope this bug is rectified sooner or later.

-VAS may like to spew out errors (depending on how you're hosting). AFAIK you can still use most of it, though.

All fixed! Please let me know if there are any issues in via this thread, though.

Acknowledgements/Credits:

TheDennis for the mission idea (that's where the PBO filename is from)

BIS for creating the platform upon which these missions are created

Tonic for his VAS

Someone (sorry, I forget who) for their vehicle respawn script

F2k Sel, dr_strangepete and Kylania for being patient with me (as ever)

Kaijev for being my lovely Guinea Pig (teehee, it's funny because you're Australian <3)

Anyone else whom may have slipped my mind at the moment

P.S. A lot of people were intrigued as to how I got SC to work like I did, so I am going to make a rough tutorial outlining what one needs to do in order to set up such a mission.

Edited by Comp_uter15776
Major Update, V2.0 release

I've noticed a few issues with this build right now. As a result, links have been suspended.

-Incompatible with Stable (yet somehow worked for me fine when I used SP)

-Sectors immediately lost once all units of side are outside capture zone

-Other general issues (such as problems in UI)

Naturally, these are all gamebreakers so I want to rework it and then throw it back out there.

Hello all,

Today I am happy to announce my latest efforts on this mission are now public, in the form of Version 2.0! This has received numerous overhauls and quite frankly, makes this mission actually playable.

Changelog:

-Ticket system now works properly (counting down per minute)

-Ability to respawn at captured sectors

-VAS fixed

-Blank infobox issue removed

-Sectors will be permanently captured now (thanks BIS!)

-All UI issues noted are now fixed

Version 2.0 STILL REMAINS INCOMPATIBLE WITH STABLE.

Hi

Im new to editor and have not got to grips with scripting yet.

Im looking to start up a server running a sector control mod similar to yours with more players and vehicles..Would you be interested in helping to make this so.

Cheers

Hi

Im new to editor and have not got to grips with scripting yet.

Im looking to start up a server running a sector control mod similar to yours with more players and vehicles..Would you be interested in helping to make this so.

Cheers

Hey stonie,

I'd be very happy to help you with your mission. Right now I've got a lot on my plate till May (A level exams and all), but I should be able to find the odd time to sit down and go through some things. I do actually have a 150 player modified version for larger scale too, although I don't believe I ever released it! It will be nice to get back to editing though as admittedly I haven't touched this mission nor ArmA actually in a fair while.

That would be great and thanks for the reply..Im looking at starting up the server for this weekend..Would it be ok for myself to open up your existing mod in editor to add a few more units and vehicals..i know the basics on editor but cant find any info on importing..Then when you have the time your help would be appreciated.

Cheers again

That would be great and thanks for the reply..Im looking at starting up the server for this weekend..Would it be ok for myself to open up your existing mod in editor to add a few more units and vehicals..i know the basics on editor but cant find any info on importing..Then when you have the time your help would be appreciated.

Cheers again

Go for it, I can probably get you the scripts so you don't need to import. However, importing is rather easy!

Im following arma 2 method for importing and using pbo manager to open up pbo but cant seem to see your mission on editor to look at it after i transfer the mission into the missions folder.

Ignore last post..got it working with a fresh head on..piece of cake :)

Added 2 extra players per side and 2 more quads per side..When you get time pm me as i have a single sector mission made that i could do with you tweeking to make it playable..No rush..thanks

Edited by stonie01333