Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

Co32_Insurgent_Occupation

Hey there! thanks for an awesome mission!

I was wondering if it would be possible to put the AI Recruitment onto the Altis map? being able to use AI to fill crew slots on low pop servers is really useful :)

@ #Blackburn [tier-1]

Today I searched for different patrol scripts and the best solution I came up with was to use the latest EOS version 1.9 which relies on the SHK patrol script.

And added additional invisible markers with bigger spawn distance.

this also makes it possible to add different user made characters into the enemy factions list ;)

I have to test if all still works and doesn't become a resource hog I had to take out some of the dynamics to get EOS 1.9 in.

hope the amount of enemy's are not to overwhelming, apart from that the tasks still work so it looks very good for now.

Your mission is really great as far as I could see.

But I can't use it at the moment because, ACRE UI is not display.

I gave it a quick go in our server. The concept is good but the mission could be improved a lot!

I think you missed to set guer as enemy in the editor, they didn't engage us.

Fps are very low and the spawn could be improved. A lot of times the AI spawned very close to us, like few meters behind us or right in front of us.

Every vehicles has the VAS option, is that a feature? Honestly i don't like very much, maybe a param to disable it would be very good!

All the action has the default color, it's hard to spot them.

Obviously this is my point of view, great work so far ;)

Firstly let me say your mission is great! I have a question though: I like the radio chatter which is activated everytime a mission is created. I have removed the occupation part and added the invade and annexe instead due to personal preferences, but would still like this radio chatter to be activated every time a mission side mission is announced? I know this is placed within the description ext like so:

class IncomingChallenge

{

name="Incoming";

sound[]={"Occupation\sounds\incoming_challenge.ogg",db,1.0};

titles[] = {};

};

but how would I change this to work with just the invade and annex installed instead please. Any ideas would be appreciated!

just take a patrol vehicle and drive out of the base....

I hope u guys enjoy it :)

What's this music ? Isn't that from braveheart or scottish movie based ?

@ _Kable

happy u like the mission although I only added the tasks base template, restrictions and some other stuff, for the most part it is BangaBobs mission.

@Giallustio

;) i know about the additional actions not being colored is because when i kept all the colors i would have had green yellow blue red and white actions ... like a Christmas tree.

that's why they are all default color.

@DanePlant

just rename your sound.

@Paul-Hewson

there is no music in the mission as of now.

the track that "was" in, is from The last of the mohicans.

Ok, (it was the 1.1 i've found on a public server), that reminds me i should see its blu-ray taking dust in my blu-ray library.

We have been playing your mission for some time now and love it. Just posting a few bugs we would love to see fixed if at all possible. The revive is not reliable when joining other peoples squads meaning you lose the ability to revive. A major thing is when drones re-spawn they are no longer controllable making them all 1 time use. The virtual ammo box options on vehicles also does not carry over if they re-spawn. As of 1.4 we have found that after some time players get the drag/place options on objects at base and side mission objectives. When you use this command the object shoots about 1000 feet in the air and can’t be lowered as Q and Z make it rise.

You have done a very good job and just wanted to let you know your work is appreciated. Keep up the good work and I hope some of these things help.

yeah sure it helps all feedback is welcome.

Base ammo boxes have been fixed, no longer possible to select drag load or lift.

vehicles with virtual ammo box i am considering to take that out.

since we have logistics it would keep a helicopter pilot occupied to transport them, load ammo boxes in vehicles (placed additional boxes south of the base in storage).

and there is always the possibility to make a U turn back to base :)

Would it be possible to add an MHQ into the mission at all. We noticed that on v1.4 the revive script was bugged and would randomly stop working, and a few people disconnected due to this. We played it tonight and although it is an excellent mission which we all enjoyed having no MHQ and having to drive or fly back to the AO was a game breaker. I wouild do this myself but I have no idea how to create an MHQ with mobile respawn in ArmA 3.

There is the rally point, MHQs have been removed in one of the last updates.

How so you set the rally point when in the mission then? When playing we could only respawn at base.

Go to the pin-up cardboard and chose "Get Rallypoint" from the action menu. You can then place the rally point where you want and people can spawn either on squadmates or the rally point.

However, it seems to break addons like weaponresting (VTS) and Mag Repack. Which is sad.

@ thepredator could u provide a .rpt ?

if it is the case spawning on player breaks those scripts I might take that and the RP out.

I made MHQ optional for next release, can be turned on/off in mission parameters.

@ thepredator could u provide a .rpt ?

if it is the case spawning on player breaks those scripts I might take that and the RP out.

I made MHQ optional for next release, can be turned on/off in mission parameters.

The rally point definitely breaks the VTS weapon resting mod.

The current bugs we've found so far in 1.5.1:

-playernames can not be turned off

-Rallypoint breaks other scripts like Weaponresting, MagRepack

-enemies spawn within 20m in cities sometimes

-vehicles under the tin roof in base float until you enter them

-weapon restriction off restricts weapons

-player names : will be fixed in next version.

-rally points : if it is infact breaking other scripts I will take them out, also redeploy on player would not be possible anymore.

-enemy spawn to close : have to see what I can do abouth that.

-vehicles under the roofing : it is caused by terrain vertices are bigger in MP hosted games, only thing I can do is relocate the vehicles or bis has to come with a solution same reason why rocks sometimes float in the distance.

-weapon restrictions : I restricted certain items and weapons by default in VAS config.sqf cause they are part of opfor's armory.

restrictions, disables for example the ability to use a sniper rifle when u are a medic.

Love the mission, but with the update, the parameters for AI skill are no longer available (overall, aiming, spotting). Would it be possible to put those back in? They were very useful especially when playing with different skill levels of players, or if you only have a couple people. Thanks for your hard work!

I tried to play your updated mission earlier this morning, ( My clan plays it as default mission) and I can not seem to get the MHQ working, is it a certain vehicle or module that deploys it ? Also would it be possible to add HALO jumping and airlifting in at all. Thank you again for the mission. great work.

I tried to play your updated mission earlier this morning, ( My clan plays it as default mission) and I can not seem to get the MHQ working, is it a certain vehicle or module that deploys it ? Also would it be possible to add HALO jumping and airlifting in at all. Thank you again for the mission. great work.

The MHQ is a rally point. Go to the large billboard next to the ammo crates and select rally point from the menu. Then deploy it when you get to the AO. Use the same bill board to redeploy on it as and when.

Tonight we played this mission on our server but we cleared 4 towns with no enemies at all. However we found several areas that would not go green despite being totally empty....is this a bug?

About the empty cities, it happened once in version 1.5.1. At first I thought the markers for Agios Dionysios weren't listed properly in EOS/openme.sqf, but that's not the case. However the server had been running for many hours before I logged in, so that could be a factor.

About the markers not turning green, this happens on every mission that uses EOS. Hopefully a future version will fix that bug.