UH-80 Ghosthawk Retextured (WIP)

UH-80 Ghosthawk Retextured (WIP)

Russian-style Pattern

4YQcz8i.jpg

Hex Pattern

GyflEYi.jpg zTB6ywh.jpg Yt7Ipv5.jpg

Crystal Pattern

sdWexvL.jpg eYyDbRT.jpg axzXQi6.jpg

For such a sexy looking helicopter, I'm very surprised to see that people have almost skipped over the Ghosthawk completely and even the other choppers as well!

I had a few ideas for what might look good as replacement textures for the Ghosthawk so I went ahead and learned how to get them imported into the game. They are added as new vehicles for BluFor. What I have come up with are the following schemes:

Current Patterns:

You may click on each pattern to see the full image album.

Patterns tested, but not shown:

• A-ATACS Arid/Urban (AU)
  • A-ATACS Arid/Urban (AU) Green
  • A-ATACS Foliage/Green (FG)
  • A-ATACS Law Enforcement (LE)

Future Plans:

• optimize current textures
  • add additional camo schemes
  • add current and future schemes to other vehicles (KA-60, A/MH-9, etc.)
  • finalize names for use in the editor

Armaholic Thread

Edited by Amit
  • Like 1

Crystal pattern looks rad! Awesome! Keep it up!

Hey Amit, didn't expect to see you here--It's Boba from Modacity.

Really digging the stuff! Can't wait to see what you do next. :)

Thanks, guys. I'd put up the WIP pbo for you guys to download, but I forgot to upload it this morning and came to work instead. I'll put that up later once I have fixed up some of the skins.

Holy crap, Boba, you worked on AFRF? That's awesome.

Nothing new yet, but I updated the first post to have sample images of each pattern so people viewing the OP don't have to open the full albums to see if this interests them or not. I also added some info about what other schemes are currently in testing.

looks awesome! gotta say russian is my favorite

consider a medivac or coastguard-equivalent if you're ever bored

Great work! Those patterns look just awesome :D

You know, me and another forum member may be making a script which could make your camo better!

You know, me and another forum member may be making a script which could make your camo better!

You have my attention :D

Sweet great job so far cant wait to get them in game. Now only if they would remove the bech seats and make the units sit on the floor.

Sweet great job so far cant wait to get them in game. Now only if they would remove the bech seats and make the units sit on the floor.

Lol, why would you want that? That would be useful for a medevac version, though. I'm sure it can be done with a little time and elbow grease. Removing the textures for the benches are easy enough, but I assume the model itself will need to be edited as well to allow for the sitting animation on the ground and not appear to be floating in the air.

Just a little preview of what is to come:

7BWIU3O.jpg

Custom A-TACS AU Green Pattern

Edited by Amit

You have my attention :D

It will make textures much more accessable!

If you choose to use it that is.

It will make textures much more accessable!

If you choose to use it that is.

What do you mean? Does it allow real time texture changes or something? I can't imagine anything easier than using Eliteness to unpack the PBO and then grab the PAA file that I need.

setobjecttexture allows you to switch textures on named selections in a mission with scripting commands.

setobjecttexture allows you to switch textures on named selections in a mission with scripting commands.

But setobjecttexture is local.

That is currently how I test my textures before setting up the config and binarizing into the PBO file.

So your method involves multiplayer?

Then I guess you have to execute it on every client.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

That is currently how I test my textures before setting up the config and binarizing into the PBO file.

I just use buldozer and the mass texture and material renaming tool. I haven't really done anything for arma 3 tho.

I just use buldozer and the mass texture and material renaming tool. I haven't really done anything for arma 3 tho.

That is actually very helpful, thank you! It should definitely help speed up the texture testing process.

EDIT: Actually it doesn't really help at all since I can't get Oxygen to work with Arma 3. I followed the guides to turn my arma 2 P:/ into an Arma 3 drive (I have no interest in developing A2 mods). But I still can't get the stock p3d models to import into Oxygen.

Edited by Amit