Sign in to follow this  
park123

Travel time to mars

Hello

Will there be simulated travel time from earth to Mars or will it be straight to the action.

Also will you be able to have space craft in orbit above mars ie like the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter

Thanks

Stu

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Sorry I forgot to ask will the manual be easy to understand and like other games make the first mission like a tutorial

Umm, why would you want to have that? Only good thing i can think of, is that player would have a good view on mars surface, but that is already in menu screen.

Edit: Im talking about ,,Also will you be able to have space craft in orbit above mars ie like the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter''

dont want to get people confused

Edited by Nikssims

I think it would be a good idea, of course optional. But it would be very exciting if you would have to wait the long time until you know if you have suceeded. This is one reason why this missions are such exciting.

At present we do not have a large delay between launch and arrival. Considering it takes 18 months in reality, any short representation would essentially be pointless. That being said, a delay of some sort is planned, though is of lower priority at this point. There are ideas on adding the launch sequence, where you see lift-off, but nothing set in stone at this point.

I could imagine it mattering in a campaign mode where you identify features which could be explored by a specific rover technology in one mission, but have to wait 18 months for the planets to align to send it.

It takes 7-8 months, but you have to wait 2 years for the planets to align for the launch window, the further you move away from the launch window the more fuel you need for the transfer until the delta-V requirements get too high and the window closes.