Sign in to follow this  
ragnarok32

Traduction of text files

Hello,

Do you have think the possibility of translating the text of the game in other languages (like French)?

You did that for Take On Helicopters in a patch, that's why I ask the question. :D

Have a good day. :cool:

Hi,

All strings are defined in a single localization file. Take On Mars will ship with english, but if someone were to translate the rest of the languages, each defined in the localization files, then it would naturally support it. At this point we have no plans to be doing any translations ourselves, considering pricing.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I understand your point of view and it will be be a good idea for the community to do a translation of the localization file!

can you tel me where this localization file is (if it is inside one of the ".pak" file how could i open it) and i'll be already on it :p (for french)

Edited by idolord

It seems that a lot of french are willing to see this awesome game translated.

I will be happy to help in this task (for french too).

@idolrd:It seems that the string files are in the .pak files. You can open them by using the carrier command tools (CarrierTool:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140967-TOOL-CarrierTools-(modding-tool-inside))

The files are:

• mars_gig:Game in game like gravon
  • mars_location:information about worlds and location
  • mars_data:all the datas

The string files are located in mars_data.pak/scripts, but I can only see Carrier Command's one :confused:.

@tom_48_97:I sent you an PM

UPDATE:I found some/all in mars_data.pak/scripts/strings_english it starts around 9201

Edited by Lord Nazdar

As I already received some messages, I'm going to centralize.

If you're interested about the project, feel free to send me a PM, more people will be involved, easier will be the task for everyone ;)

@lord nazdar

Thanks for the intel.

thanks Lord Nazdar for the info i'll go check it out quick. i think i'll start with the mars_gig and see after for more.

Edited by idolord

It might be worth waiting with starting this project seeing as the English text hasn't been proofread yet and is full of errors.

Just saying.

You're right, that's the reason why the project will be split in 3 big parts :

1 - Translation of basis (menus etc...)

2 - Translation of the UI

3 - Translation of texts of scenarios

Until step 1 and 2 are validated, the texts of scenarios should be ok.

I totally agree with your plan of action.

I'm currently working on a tools to allow us a faster translation process.

Hi,

I'm agree with you for the plan of the translation.

I've Just tested the game for 4 hours and I had no problem to understand what the game want you to do.

I will have a look in the files.

Be careful, I urge you not to start the translation before the work is Plan. Otherwise, we will have multiple translations for a single content and that's not the goal here. Once the work will be fully planned, we will be more efficient and productive.

I'll take a look at the files on Monday.

For the moment, people involved are:

Lord Nazdar

idolord

& btw me

ragnarok32: Perhaps you too? :)

I'd be also glad to participate in the translation efforts. Although I'd gladly do it to my mothertongue, Hungarian. (Okay, okay I see maybe the customer need wouldn't be that enormous.... :) )

@ hankyaku: i think any kind of translation would be good to the game as more people with less understanding of english would be able to enjoy it (i have even proposed to translate it in chinese XD ) but it is my personnal feel about it. It may not reflect dev's feel about it.

@Tom_48_97: ok i'll hold on and wait for the project to take shape. i'll be on the starting-blocks.

Hi there,

Just a quick update about the project. We will start to work on French localization this week. I will post a new topic this week with some more details ;)

Hankyaku: It's a good point, but if you're alone, I think it's better to focus on the UI because it's a huge work. If you're ok, just send me a PM.

idolord:The project is almost started, just take a look here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/tom-localization (you should have access to the project)

Hey guys, just to note, any translation is very welcome, the more languages the game supports the better. We will very happily incorporate full translations into the base game, and will put you in the contributors section of the credits as a reward. Let me know if you run into any issues, I know there are a few GUI screens which do not have localized texts, so if you come across any, let me know which screens (through PM) and we will localize them so you may translate them thereafter.

Count me in for German translation

:EDITH:

I already have a DH account but oviously i'm yet not permitted for this project. My username there is Myke.

Dram: First, thanks for your support, we will be happy to see the baby included to the game. For the moment, we are in preparation stage, we will keep you posted about the progressions and the issues :)

Myke: You have now access to the project and you received a new email.

By the way, this topic is waiting for lock because it's no more a suggestion but an ongoing project. The new topic is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160877-Localized-versions