Sign in to follow this  
geordiegaz

arma3 wont load

hi guys just bought this game but after installing through steam and click play a arma3 logo pops up and it says loading addons etc etc then nothing just back to my normal laptop screen when i go back to steam to try and reload it it says failed to start app all ready running ?? i am beginning to wonder if my system specs just arnet up to it?? they are as follows

intel® pentium® cpu b960@ 2.20ghz 2.20ghz

8gb ram 1tb hd 64-bit os x64 based processer

windows 8

please help this game looks amazing

first of all. you can check your running tasks with the task manager. [CTRL] + [shift] + [Esc] and go to processes

maybe arma 3 is running but it has no "window" so you have to close it first.

--

Maybe your computer is too slow and you have to have some patience while loading the game. I noticed when I [Alt] + [Tab] too often to the desktop while sth. is loading in ArmA, the game may halt. sometimes itrs better to sit still and wait a few secs to be sure it isnt an error prone to user mistake.

Edited by tremanarch

Shift-Esc is google chrome O-o Use Ctrl-Shift-Esc and look for Arma3.exe processes. If you find any, select it by left clicking once then hitting delete, followed by enter (you'll be accepting a warning about terminating a process. Do not worry. This is fine.)

Your specs seem decent enough to handle it, your GPU may be the killer here though. Is that a laptop? From what I can decipher that is a mobile processor, and judging by your specification (8GB, 1TB HDD and windows 8), they all point to a relatively new laptop which you may have bought from places which sell them as-is, an example in the UK here is PC-World or Curry's. If this is the case and you do not know/unable to find your GPU, I can only assume one thing:

You have an integrated graphics processing unit.

This is a gamebreaker for ArmA. Your PC will simply refuse to work, or at best, give you around 3-5FPS, just on the menus. I suggest finding a better PC if this is the case.

yeah. arma 3 definitley needs good hardware. and sry about the shift+esc got confused there for a sec ;)