Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

Stratis-RP:Ultimate is not dead quite yet...

Many may be disappointed Stealthstick quit developing his mission... But a certain clan has gained permission to continue it's development... more to come on this a bit later...

Stratis:Online

Don't ask about the name... We couldn't come up with anything better than that... xD

ZOMBIEclan and a few other individuals working with them have taken the mission over. We will be adding many many things onto this as we have a whole team working on the mission now.

We have decided that the mission WILL BE open source in the following weeks.

Things that have been added so far (will be updated)

Speed Gun and Speed Camera

Whitelisted Cop slots (some remain public, majority are whitelisted)

MySQL Stat save (meaning server admins have full control over everything that is saved)

Helicopters

Terrorist stuff (WiP)

Delivery Job

Taxi Job

Some new items like the tool belt that lets you hold more stuff on your character.

Interactive Bank Robbery.

Money Bag style sidemission

Some other things i may have forgotten...

More things will be added and the mission is also still a few weeks away from its first release.

Go ahead and post things you want in the mission down below.

The possibilities with this mission seem to be endless with scripts... I can only imagine what you could do with addons...

More things will be added and the mission is also still a few weeks away from its first release. Also more to come on this in the future.

Edited by austin_medic

I might advise a highlighting color that contrasts the background better.

Good news though. A shame that it's only on one server, but when I played, the mission was good so this is nice to hear. Makes sense anyway. Good luck, hope you don't run into any obstacles.

I might advise a highlighting color that contrasts the background better.

Good news though. A shame that it's only on one server, but when I played, the mission was good so this is nice to hear. Makes sense anyway. Good luck, hope you don't run into any obstacles.

The mission is 2000000000000000000000 times easier to edit than some of the other Life missions... 3 or 4 files you will need to tweak to add something (unless adding another GUI, that requries a bit more... skills...)

Like I said, This may change in the future. I'm personally against keeping it locked up, but majority rules...

Edited by austin_medic

Not liking the fact you want to whitelist being a cop and only having it on your server. Going down the same path Arma 2 life went down.

Not liking the fact you want to whitelist being a cop and only having it on your server. Going down the same path Arma 2 life went down.

+1

Like he said, highlighting (announcing) that your are continuing development on an open source mission... But you are going CLOSED SOURCE AND have no plans to distribute it to the community is quite.... Distasteful to say it lightly. I would abstain from posting on the missions forum for a closed sourced, not available (or ever will be) mod.

quite sad :/. Looks like i will need to continue the open source portion of it.

Edited by Malfate

+1

Like he said, highlighting (announcing) that your are continuing development on an open source mission... But you are going CLOSED SOURCE AND "ONLY" distribution it for yourself is quite.... Distasteful to say it lightly. I would abstain from posting on the missions forum for a closed sourced, not available (or ever will be) mod.

quite sad :/. Looks like i will need to continue the open source portion of it.

He has said "FOR NOW". Which in my eyes means it is not a permanent thing.

While doing development you only want one or possibly two servers running so you can make sure they are always up to date so people are not reporting old bugs.

Secondly if you want an open source version write your own they are putting in the hard work so they get to decide the terms.

On another matter Arma 3 is far from open source.

People like you with rude and self obsessed comments are the reson why this project has been dropped by the lead developer Zooloo so please if you have nothing constructive to say sit at home on ur own not speak to any 1.

No comments about going closed source, but whitelisting cop side was really not a reason why A2 Life servers went down. I wish the mission developers luck anyway, developing a RP mission is not the easiest task that you can do in the Armaverse...

Stratis:Online

Don't ask about the name... We couldn't come up with anything better than that... xD

ZOMBIEclan and a few other individuals working with them have taken the mission over. We will be adding many many things onto this as we have a whole team working on the mission now.

We have also decided (for now) the mission will ONLY be on ZOMBIEclan's life server.

Things that have been added so far (will be updated)

Speed Gun and Speed Camera

Whitelisted Cop slots

MySQL Stat save (meaning server admins have full control over everything that is saved)

Helicopters

Some new items like the tool belt that lets you hold more stuff on your character.

Some other things i may have forgotten...

If you want to hear the vision of Arma RP hipster (played A2 RP +1500 hours, administrated a big RP server +1000 hours, developed A2/A3 RP mission ~1000 hours) about the RP mission design in Arma, feel free to add me on Steam: ezcoo_ – maybe you remember me from the RP server... I remember you as good player, had issues with you only once (that is not a lot if the time that you spent on server is taken into account) ;) I hope that you let bygones to be bygones though :)

Edited by Ezcoo

People like you with rude and self obsessed comments are the reson why this project has been dropped by the lead developer Zooloo so please if you have nothing constructive to say sit at home on ur own not speak to any 1.

Sorry if it came off as overtly rude, as it wasn't my intention. Just displeased.

I talk with zooloo quite often on steam/arma, I love his mod and all life mods. I show my appreciation for developers in every facet when talking to them or within development posts. Because i know how under appreciated developers time is, and not getting anything out of it (99% of the time).

In regard to life mod alone:

I offered/gave him a free server to do with as he pleases(hosted from a datacenter, from one of the boxes i own).

Reported a few bugs i came across.

Helped people within the life mod mission posts with random problems they came across (or misunderstandings)

Made a few suggestions and talked about future goals.

Forked a version on to my server and made changes that i really wanted to see.

Gave constructive feedback (not demanding any features or fixes, because i just made the changes I wanted to my fork of the mission)

So if you think my role in the community is a plague... sorry.

Edited by Malfate

We have also decided (for now) the mission will ONLY be on ZOMBIEclan's life server.

gotta love when people base their work entirely on the efforts of someone else and then lock it down. nice attitude...

That's not exactly the reason why A2L went down...

Anyway, it's nice to see the development being continued, good luck to you.

Take a look again my friend. Only reason i said that was because i was NOT 100% sure if it was going to be open source (which it will be).

A lot of people liked the open source and public ideas that Zooloo had said the mission was going to be like. There was also the fact the mission was going to be realistic and setup with stat save across servers.

This development is still open to your ideas... It also WILL be open source at one point.

Zooloo relinquished any rights to the mission when he deleted his original post and had the thread locked. It IS open source and ANYONE can do ANYTHING they want with it. On the other hand, your modified version of Zooloo's mission is your own to make open and closed to whomever you see fit.

Zooloo relinquished any rights to the mission when he deleted his original post and had the thread locked. It IS open source and ANYONE can do ANYTHING they want with it. On the other hand, your modified version of Zooloo's mission is your own to make open and closed to whomever you see fit.

Open Source != No rights.

Closing down a thread doesn't just somehow remove the rights to my work. It is my work, and I own it.

The project is protected by Creative Commons.

88x31.png

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike

CC BY-NC-SA

This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.

I released the mission open source, it must stay open source.

Edited by zooloo75

Guys thanks for continuing this excellent mission, zooloo75 has done a excellent job and its a shame that he left the project, in saying that please guys can you include Midrange Terrain Texture Replacement by Bad Benson, he has done a awesome job in making Arma 3 look even better and its a shame that most servers are not using it.

Cheers

zooloo75s rights are delineated in the license(s) he published the mission with. If anyone is found to be breaking that license, administrative action will be taken and accounts may be suspended.

Well, we've been busy the past few days adding loads of things into the mission and also trying to stop it from spamming that ugly black error box... Updated the second post...

Updated Once again, I've been quite busy today making new scripts for this mission.

-General Store for civ

-Cell Phone (make this an item you need to purchase)

-Police Checkpoints?

-Glasses on the manikins

-Make money diving (like Turtle Poaching)

-Make some gang areas and make them so gangs can 'take over' and hold down the areas

Just a few ideas.

So I'm confused, is this going to be released for us to use on our own servers and edited? If that's the case, awesome! Please let me know!:D