Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Custom radio commands

I really like this new custom radio command feature, I noticed that it works with .wss sound files too so I de-pbo'ed DTA/sound.pbo and took my radio voice profile from there (Ted) and all his voices. I picked up most useful radio commands that have not been implemented (like CLEAR, CONTACT, REQUEST SUPPORT, TAKING COMMAND etc.)

So now i have all these sounds in my users/Blake/sound folder and my custom radio voices are with same voice as my radio voice profile smile.gif

But some problems: In MP when leader tells you to do something the custom sound and REPEAT command are assigned with same menu number (9) so when i wanna press custom voice it always shouts REPEAT sad.gif So could another number be assigned to custom radio like 0 ?

The suggestion: Please could you add the feature to use radio commands with Directspeak channel too? Then you could sort of whisper them to others so only people near you could hear that. I figure it isn't so hard to do as game voice already supports directspeak...

But thanks again for this neat feature!

yes i would agree that the custome sounds are a nice thing this i do agree with. but at the same time there not. well for me anyways it delays loading time for me to get into pool because of my low bandwith consitering sound files i have downloaded befor when in the game they where around 68K if you multiplay that be 9 or so that could cause some major slowdowns in connecting to the server. good idea but causes problems with people with low bandwith

Well yes I think it's a great feature, when you are playing with buddies or in a clan, or people you spend alot of time playing with... so they actually understand and follow what you blab on the radio.

BUT, using these in MP CTF games where most people come in and don't know each other... it just slows the loading time down. And then it let's ppl broadcast "crap" on your stereo. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Same with large custom faces... I completely forgot that my face was 35KB (that's KB not Kb), and was slowing down loading times a bit.

I guess I am just suggesting that you don't use them if you don't know who you are playing with. wink.gif

EDIT: blab not balb

10 radio commands which are ripped from pbo files and which are quite handy, take only 85kb of space in my sound folder.

Of course one could stuff it with all funny mp3's and movie lines but I think most of them are just stupid.

Still it causes massive delay times

And like the people say who have slower connections It down right sucks for them

You really should have consideration for your fellow gamers.

We did it at fraghaus and just imagine 30 people on the server sending you files.

Dude it is a night mare, because you have to download each persons sound file to thier temp folder even if it is the same.

*Holds nasty comments back*

Well you're talking about public servers, it might be a problem with those. Not on the private/squad servers which I play 99% of OFP MP.

Btw. is there a way for admin to disable custom radio voices yet?

It would be nice if all those sounds could be saved in "OFP\custom sounds" or something so U didnt have to download them every time.