An AI Hunter given a simple waypoint sometimes will not move at all. No special behaviours, no waypoint parameters, no addons running. Just an AI Hunter with a waypoint from A to B. I say Hunter because I have tried it with other vehicles and the Hunter is the only one that seems to have a problem. It's hard to reproduce reliably. I can put the vehicle in one location and it will move fine, but then even just moving its position slightly on the road in the editor can cause the issue. So far I've only observed it happening when the vehicle is on a road. It's as if the road sections are being perceived as obstacles.

Ticket with repro

Can some of you guys try the mission and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Can some of you guys try the mission and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Yes I can see this too - downloaded your mission on stable.

When the Hunter starts, the steering is locked to the right and he sits there doing nothing. When you run up to him, your collision geo presumably wakes him up and he then drives off.

There's also some other weirdness going on if you "sneak" up on him from behind...

With the Marksman DLC releasing new full body ghillie suits for different environments, do these impact the detection range at all? Like, are you able to crawl up closer to the AI with a ghillie suit than without it? More simply, does camouflage play any role in how the AI interacts with players/other AI?

With the Marksman DLC releasing new full body ghillie suits for different environments, do these impact the detection range at all? Like, are you able to crawl up closer to the AI with a ghillie suit than without it? More simply, does camouflage play any role in how the AI interacts with players/other AI?

That video is inconclusive

As far as I'm aware, only thing that the AI care about is a value in the soldiers config called "camouflage". Lower is better.

Here are the values for some random classes:

"B_Soldier_02_f" >> "camouflage" = 1.4
"B_sniper_F" >> "camouflage" = 0.6
"B_ghillie_lsh_F" >> "camouflage" = 0.4;

Note that this value does not change based on what uniform you are wearing (so most of the tests in that video above mean nothing).

You can start as a sniper and put on a pink velour tracksuit and the AI would still find it hard to see you because your initial value is 0.6 and that will never change.

And if you start as a "B_Soldier_02_f" and put on a ghillie suit, your camo would still be 1.4 and so it would make no difference to the AI and they could still spot you relatively easily.

I can see nothing in the uniform configs to indicate any kind of modifier so unless someone knows better, then that is how I believe the AI work. :\

Note that this value does not change based on what uniform you are wearing (so most of the tests in that video above mean nothing).

You can start as a sniper and put on a pink velour tracksuit and the AI would still find it hard to see you because your initial value is 0.6 and that will never change.

And if you start as a "B_Soldier_02_f" and put on a ghillie suit, your camo would still be 1.4 and so it would make no difference to the AI and they could still spot you relatively easily.

Not true. Uniforms inherit the camouflage value from the soldier classes. So changing just the uniform changes your camo value.

For example: uniform "U_B_GhillieSuit" has uniformClass = "B_sniper_F", which has camouflage = 0.6.

Ah ok that's much better - thanks for straightening me out on that :)

Question for you though:

Why do units even have a camouflage attribute if it is mutable? Why not give uniforms their own config property like uniformCamo = 0.6 instead of this reliance on base vehicle classes?

Ah ok that's much better - thanks for straightening me out on that :)

Question for you though:

Why do units even have a camouflage attribute if it is mutable? Why not give uniforms their own config property like uniformCamo = 0.6 instead of this reliance on base vehicle classes?

It is actually more difficult, You may see that even the model of uniform is part of the soldier entity. But I may confirm that camouflage should be dependent on the uniform not the initial soldier class, the same goes for several other properties :icon_twisted:

That video is inconclusive

It is what it is. You can draw different conclussions from it, but the tests shows what really happens on the field, despite biased opinions based on technical prejudices.

It is what it is. You can draw different conclussions from it, but the tests shows what really happens on the field, despite biased opinions based on technical prejudices.

Greenfist already let me know how it works thanks.

You can start as a sniper and put on a pink velour tracksuit ...

Ahhh good ol' Uni days !

Any news about this issue?

That video needs some Benny Hill music.

Going to upload a 10 h version of this with benny hill theme ;)

That video needs some Benny Hill music.

:)... In fact, the AI FSMs should include the Benny Hill music, as defensive code, and start playing that music when something goes fubar.

:)... In fact, the AI FSMs should include the Benny Hill music, as defensive code, and start playing that music when something goes fubar.

Wouldn't it be running permanently then? :P

There's always time for a sexy AI party xD

Yeah, but would things still go fubar if the AI FSM could detect that it is going fubar?

:sulkoff:

It is actually more difficult, You may see that even the model of uniform is part of the soldier entity. But I may confirm that camouflage should be dependent on the uniform not the initial soldier class, the same goes for several other properties :icon_twisted:

Are you going to fix it?

Are you going to fix it?

I beg You pardon, sir, fix what? It may possibly be not clear from my post, which I am sorry for, but the camouflage is based on uniform currently, not on the base soldier type :icon_twisted:

Sorry pettka, wrong quote.

I wanted to quote this issue: