have you tested it or just glancing at the wiki?

Yes I have.

By placing the chopper and the pad in the editor and putting that code from the Biki into the debug console.

EDIT:

Didn't think of testing it any other way since you said "does nothing", but I guess it doesn't but the "LAND" does the landing. :P

Not really appreciating the condescending tone though.

Edited by h -

7 minutes ago, h - said:

Yes I have.

By placing the chopper and the pad in the editor and putting that code from the Biki into the debug console.

EDIT:

Didn't think of testing it any other way since you said "does nothing", but I guess it doesn't but the "LAND" does the landing. :P

Not really appreciating the condescending tone though.

you dont appreciate the condescending tone and i dont appreciate being corrected with false info ...

Calm yer horses.

The command never worked as stated on the wiki.

What I observed when testing back then:

chopper land "LAND";
chopper landAt pad01;
  1. If chopper has ANY landing pad nearby it will land on that pad
  2. If chopper has MULTIPLE landing pads nearby it will land on the closest pad
  3. If NO pad is nearby the chopper will land where possible
  4. Chopper will NEVER land on pad01 unless it is the nearest one to the chopper

chopper landAt pad01;

Does nothing.

Repro mission.

Wonder how this command ever made it to stable branch.

Cheers

4 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

// VR
0 spawn {
	comment "This helipad is close";
	_helipad_1 = createVehicle ["Land_HelipadCircle_F",(player getRelPos [25,0]),[],0,"NONE"];
	comment "This helipad is far";
	_helipad_2 = createVehicle ["Land_HelipadSquare_F",(player getRelPos [75,0]),[],0,"NONE"];
	comment "Helicopter spawns farther";
	_heli = createVehicle ["B_Heli_Light_01_F",(player getRelPos [125,0]),[],0,"FLY"];
	createVehicleCrew _heli;
	sleep 1;
	_heli land "LAND";
	_heli landAt _helipad_1;
};

You can use 

_heli land landingType;

If you want to just land the chopper in the proximity. But you can also spawn a pad and tell the chopper to land at it. The engine will remain on and I find the chopper's behaviour on the ground a bit impulsive, but it works.

_pad = "Land_HelipadEmpty_F" createvehicle _landingpos; 
_heli land _pad;

Sometimes around airfields and bases, the unit will still land at a real helipad in the proximity. 

Not at all a fact but I assumed landAt was only for jets and airfield Id's.

1 hour ago, mad_cheese said:

If you want to just land the chopper in the proximity. But you can also spawn a pad and tell the chopper to land at it. The engine will remain on and I find the chopper's behaviour on the ground a bit impulsive, but it works.

_pad = "Land_HelipadEmpty_F" createvehicle _landingpos; 
_heli land _pad;

This example does not work.

See my post above.

Cheers

2 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

Not at all a fact but I assumed landAt was only for jets and airfield Id's.

Last time I tested it, it was and someone wrote a note on the biki to that effect.:)

Oh... in 1.68, the command was apparently extended to work with rotor-craft too. 

Hey hello.

I noticed that any AI-unit has ceased to understand the completion radius in the waypoint settings. Now any settings of completion radius are ignored. This is very unfortunate.

Something was broken and it seems the @BIS is not in a hurry to fix it.

I have feedback and two repro-missions - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126472

Can someone confirm this problem? 

On 17.10.2017 at 11:23 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

This example does not work.

See my post above.

Cheers

Sorry, you are absolutely correct. I picked that up somewhere and got accurate results, but they were actually misleading and _vehicle land "_pad" does really have no effect.

Since my experiments were succesful I was mislead, but what really made it work is spawning a helipad at the desired location, moving the chopper there and telling it to land. Usually of course the spawned helipad is the closest, which lead me to belive that _vehicle land "_pad" was working even tho the syntax seemed odd.

apologies for being snappy @h - , had had a stressful day

------------

@Grumpy Old Man

Wonder how this command ever made it to stable branch.

professional development needs QA. there is no one looking out for AI development since 2012, these things will slip through the cracks.  If you have submitted AI-related tickets to the feedback tracker you see 99% go unassigned, unreviewed, etc, even easy-to-resolve ones that would take 10 minutes to fix.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

No probs.

Too bad there's even less chance of this command being fixed nowadays than there was before due to the coder re-allocation. :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

------------

@Grumpy Old Man

professional development needs QA. there is no one looking out for AI development since 2012, these things will slip through the cracks.  If you have submitted AI-related tickets to the feedback tracker you see 99% go unassigned, unreviewed, etc, even easy-to-resolve ones that would take 10 minutes to fix.

Unfortunately I have to agree...
AI in fully oblivion. I think, 50% of the declared things in the game (ai-waypoints, ai-special command) in ArmA3 simply do not work. This only creates the appearance of the fact that the game has such details, but in fact it deceives the player ...

AI-Feedback == 0

On 10/17/2017 at 11:36 PM, mickeymen said:

completion radius in the waypoint settings

Completion radius isn't checked all the time in all behaviors. AI checks completion often in combat or stealth. In aware or safe the AI will always go to the precise WP position before completing it.

On 10/17/2017 at 11:43 AM, Tankbuster said:

Oh... in 1.68, the command was apparently extended to work with rotor-craft too. 

It was extended to work with "dynamic airports" - e.g. aircraft carrier or an "invisible strip" that you could place on a road and make the airplanes land there. The documentation seems inaccurate.

6 hours ago, oukej said:

It was extended to work with "dynamic airports" - e.g. aircraft carrier or an "invisible strip" that you could place on a road and make the airplanes land there. The documentation seems inaccurate.

Oh right. So rotorcraft land at helipads and fixed-wings land on this strip. Can we get a classname for this 'strip', please?

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 4:18 AM, Tankbuster said:

Oh right. So rotorcraft land at helipads and fixed-wings land on this strip. Can we get a classname for this 'strip', please?

just going from memory it is someting like "Land_dynamicairport_F"

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

just going from memory it is someting like "Land_dynamicairport_F"

Ah! Well played. I was looking in Objects alongside the helipads. The dynamicairport is a structure.

On 20.10.2017 at 1:37 PM, oukej said:

Completion radius isn't checked all the time in all behaviors. AI checks completion often in combat or stealth. In aware or safe the AI will always go to the precise WP position before completing it.

What's the news! Since when did this happen? I've been using Arma for a very long time, before it worked steadily, in aware-mode inclusive

41 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

What's the news! Since when did this happen? I've been using Arma for a very long time, before it worked steadily, in aware-mode inclusive

It's been the same in Arma 2 :/

On 10/23/2017 at 5:35 AM, oukej said:

i been working with waypoints and AI for years and never noticed.

probably would be better to be consistent, but then i can imagine changing it causing some problems too ...

Is there anything that can be changed for this issue?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126526

Priority - the dialogue of the commander must:

- Abort any AI dialogs.

- execute the ordered action without interrupting the AI dialog.

- or other options to change this state of affairs.

This irritating chatter AI, there are a million more stories of bad gameplay, in the form of loss of priority moment.

preview-steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.j

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Is there anything that can be changed for this issue?

Quite, hadn't played the game for a long timer and recently played some and that really got annoying fast..
Pretty sure the team leader should over-ride any subordinate blabbing about spotting vehicles 700m away when there's way more crucial stuff going on 80m away...

On 20.10.2017 at 1:37 PM, oukej said:

19 hours ago, oukej said:

@oukej I checked what you are saying. You are wrong, what you say does not happen. 

Try my two test missions.

Repro mission for joined AI-group here - https://yadi.sk/d/m3xtBifD3M3eKG

Repro mission for moving  AI-group here. - https://yadi.sk/d/VPphaavg3Nqnjv

In both cases, I set the "danger-mode" for the AI group. According to your words AI-group should complete own current waypoint, but this is not will work! AI just does not understand this at any mode