4 hours ago, iV - Ghost said:

After the last update (1.76) I can't see (feel) any aiSkill (playing with skillAI = 0.35;) optimisations.

The precision is much to good too. I'm playing with precisionAI = 0.0001; and they hit me much to exact!

And the enemy see (hear, smell or whatever) me threw the barricades on the windows.

AI accuracy is pretty wonky as of now. Having ridiculously low precision skills seems to have more effect when the AI is operating a static or vehicle weapon, the impact doesn't seem to be as big when they're using rifles.

Cheers

Yesterday ai was sniping me with first shot from ~300M at AI precision 0.15. Not to mention i was "absolute target" (NO 1) and some of enemy was even ignoring my teammates shooting to them, they were just standing and wait till i move up or change position, then Boom! First shot and i'm dead.

The medic still doesn't know he's a medic and thinks he's a regular infantry man.

This NEEDS to be fixed ASAP!

It kills all the immersion, real game breaker!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, wiki said:

The medic still doesn't know he's a medic and thinks he's a regular infantry man.

The medic does not heal any injured fellow infantrymen and ignores the orders to do so? How has his behavior changed?

I also noticed this yesterday. He will heal HEAVY injured fellows after a fight, but in the action he will leave them hurted untill firefight stop ("aware" mode). Also soldiers that you can heal by moving to them (* icon is appearing) are not reporting any wound, so they will not be healed at all, hence they will never use medikit by themselves.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:22 AM, wiki said:

First rule of combat medicine= WIN THE FIREFIGHT!!
As a former Combat Lifesaver, being a regular shooter first is absolutely correct, more guns in the fight, the better, all Infantrymen are taught to self heal, when and where applicable, once the firefight is over, then the CLS's and Medics do their thing.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, road runner said:

As a former Combat Lifesaver, being a regular shooter first is absolutely correct, more guns in the fight, the better, all Infantrymen are taught to self heal, when and where applicable, once the firefight is over, then the CLS's and Medics do their thing.

Totaly agree, but problem is, they (AI) wont use medikits by themselves.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, road runner said:

Yes, I totally get that.

The problem is that even AFTER a fight, if they're still aware (although they say "clear"), it's still very random.

Sometimes he will come, sometimes he won't. Or he will but after a long time.

• Like 3

AI is now super human. I witnessed a sniper at 300+ meters go prone and headshot me. He spotted me way too quick. I did not engage him, and i was crouched and trying to not let him see me.  Currently the game is unplayable for me. I just keep dying over and over.

21 hours ago, daedum said:

AI is now super human. I witnessed a sniper at 300+ meters go prone and headshot me. He spotted me way too quick. I did not engage him, and i was crouched and trying to not let him see me.  Currently the game is unplayable for me. I just keep dying over and over.

Agree. Maybe not unplayable, but way too uber sometimes

But wasn't one of the effects of the difficulty tweaks supposed to make the AI accuracy a little less accurate by default? Am I confused or wasn't that one of the points? Could've sworn that a dev said that. I'll look back through the posts.

EDIT: Can't find the quote but I'm positive one of the devs said they'd ultimately be a little LESS accurate by default when using the same settings as before the tweaks.

55 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Agree. Maybe not unplayable, but way too uber sometimes

Data would help to provide weight and context to these claims, as usual :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

But wasn't one of the effects of the difficulty tweaks supposed to make the AI accuracy a little less accurate by default? Am I confused or wasn't that one of the points? Could've sworn that a dev said that. I'll look back through the posts.

EDIT: Can't find the quote but I'm positive one of the devs said they'd ultimately be a little LESS accurate by default when using the same settings as before the tweaks.

If thats true, then they did something wrong. On the same mission that I only play (escape arma by neo and scruffy) my average kills were like 30-40 kills. Now I'm lucky to get 5 kills before I get killed. Also before the upgrade, It was common to hear bullets hit next to me and get shot in the body, Now its just straight headshots with each death. I even lowered both my own game difficulty to the lowest possible setting and also the scripts in the game I play. Playing at the lowest possible skill levels and still getting headshot from 200+ meters.

14 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

Data would help to provide weight and context to these claims, as usual :D 

Well, currently i'm playing at aiming accuracy 0.05, and they still taking me down with first shot in smallest part of body that extends out of cover in almost every range up to 300M. I know what is propably the problem - i''m playing campaign "red hammer" created BEFORE AI SKILL CHANGES, and this is how it ends, many users was writing about, how it will change already created scenarios, nightmare have become true.

• Like 1

It's time for that Mr. Hyde part of the AI. At first I actually wanted to only show that the previous playable group still abandons their vehicles after group switch in 1.76, but I've been "lucky" and the AI guys worked hard and gave a great representation of what's wrong with the entire driving part in a single run.

Oh and as commander they still don't care about your orders like ordering them to stop.

1.76,full skill for every unit, official content.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, krycek said:

It's time for that Mr. Hyde part of the AI. At first I actually wanted to only show that the previous playable group still abandons their vehicles after group switch in 1.76, but I've been "lucky" and the AI guys worked hard and gave a great representation of what's wrong with the entire driving part in a single run.

Oh and as commander they still don't care about your orders like ordering them to stop.

1.76,full skill for every unit, official content.

It takes some nasty skills to achieve that formation. I've always wondered...

Is there any possibility for BIS to write unit tests for their AI pathfinding, formation structure, etc., so they know when stuff breaks critically?
I mean, in an ideal scenario, the pathfinding algorithm should be coverable with UTs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, inlesco said:

It takes some nasty skills to achieve that formation. I've always wondered...

Is there any possibility for BIS to write unit tests for their AI pathfinding, formation structure, etc., so they know when stuff breaks critically?
I mean, in an ideal scenario, the pathfinding algorithm should be coverable with UTs.

game is over 4 yrs old now, appreciate what we have :)

On 12.9.2017 at 5:53 PM, Vasily.B said:

Also soldiers that you can heal by moving to them (* icon is appearing) are not reporting any wound, so they will not be healed at all, hence they will never use medikit by themselves.

This could also be because healing yourself with a FAK is not as effective as healing someone else.

In other words:

After FAKing yourself, another person will still get the option to FAK you. ( no pun intended xD )

7 hours ago, Tajin said:

This could also be because healing yourself with a FAK is not as effective as healing someone else.

In other words:

After FAKing yourself, another person will still get the option to FAK you. ( no pun intended xD )

Wait, what? After i heal myself with First Aid Kit noone has an option to heal me. Same with my treammates,

Ok, maybe I am wrong about that – I never really tested it thoroughly.

I've just often noticed people healing themselves and afterwards I still had the option to use my own FAK on them. So I figured this must be the reason.

I'll run a getDamage next time I have the chance, to know for sure. :)

- edit -

Ok apparently I was wrong or atleast I have no idea what was going on back then.

Seems like FAKs currently always heal to 75%.

iirc - only medics can heal people to 100% - if someone else does it, it gets them to something like 90%

On 9/21/2017 at 10:03 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

game is over 4 yrs old now, appreciate what we have :)

sorry for the possible misunderstanding, but I sense some disappointment in this sentence of yours :|

And I really dig this, it's reasonable to be a little disappointed, especially considering the recent efforts BI has taken on refactoring the internal AI systems to make them testable, more flexible and maintainable
But it seems there's no end to the improvements of an in-game AI, you can go on for years, even when having a dedicated AI team working tirelessly.

On 19.9.2017 at 9:06 PM, krycek said:

I just realized what a nerd I really am, coz this made me laugh out loud for real.. Ohhh these guys. Aren't they adorable. This is really a mean example lol

I personally treat AI like a dog.

Awesome? Check.

Get the paper? Maybe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mad_cheese said:

I just realized what a nerd I really am, coz this made me laugh out loud for real.. Ohhh these guys. Aren't they adorable. This is really a mean example lol

I personally treat AI like a dog.

Awesome? Check.

Get the paper? Maybe.

Was funny for me too. I wasn't even expecting all that crap to happen in a single run, it was like a perfect storm scenario.

After I saw 1.76 released the first thing I did was to check if playable crew groups are still abandoning their vehicles after group switch and I recreated my previous test that I did in 1.72.

Hell, even one thing if it would be fixed from that vid I would prefer the group switch bug. It makes multiple playable groups useless if you have motorized, armor or air support.

That "big love" between the two tanks is especially funny because I saw that randomly happening on narrow streets, it's like they suddenly enter a racing competition and go "let's see who's first on that street.Me!! Nope, it's me!!".

1HZGgOZ.jpg

• Like 2